Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Ouch, lose savathun's song and be forced to play SABER.

That's painful.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Brooks wrote:
    Some of you punks need to play PC D2 with me btw.

Get your cross play on and fire up your Xbox.
  • Fuck outta here I'm not accepting 30fps and console fov.
  • So I need to play before September?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The year 1 DLC's, Curse of Osiris and Warmind, are both getting vaulted with the year 4 release on Sept 22, so yeah if you wanna play them do it now. 

Curse of Osiris is a bit pants, mind. 

The Forsaken content from year 2 is sticking around for now.
  • If they do nothing about load times on console I won't go near it again. Destiny is feeling old now. I've more than had my fill long ago. Dedicating the amount of time I did to this a few years back seems mental to me now.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's a real shame Leviathan is going as I think it's the the best Year 1 content not to mention that's Crown of Sorrow, Menagerie and the Tribute Hall out the window.

But if they're sun-setting nearly everything there I guess that puts the nail in the coffin.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Meanwhile the power grind is a barrier to me continuing. I am exhausted trying to play power level catch-up every season so I can do the exact same activities I did last season for the exact same rewards.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Fuck outta here I'm not accepting 30fps and console fov.

Only until the next consoles are released!  4K/60 on Series X.
  • If they do nothing about load times on console I won't go near it again. Destiny is feeling old now. I've more than had my fill long ago. Dedicating the amount of time I did to this a few years back seems mental to me now.

It's still very good.  I mean, load times are absolutely fine off an SSD.  Curious to see what happens to the engine later in the year, I suspect there'll be few changes at first but be interesting to see where it goes.
  • Some quite sad spoilers in the lore that's been datamined for this season.
    Spoiler:
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Cycling in and out content has it's pros and cons. I mean for an MMO it's not the usual way to achieve content parity but I can see why Bungie are pursuing this option, and I'd hazard a guess a lot of it has to do with Consoles and the huge update size the game currently requires.

If I was to be absolute about it without learning any more I'd say it's something that I'm not looking forward to. It's not particularly 'world building' to actively know that the your play space is modular. Sometimes you just fancy going for a spin around old spaces or participating in old content just to relive some memories. This is true in all MMOs.

However, we've yet to see how Bungie implement it so perhaps it won't be as bad. I would at the very least hope for some sort of calendar system that would:

- Tell us when content is being cycled out (this needs to be in-game)
    - Tell is when content is being cycled in (this needs to be in-game)
    - Identify what quests/rewards and items are relevant to each piece of content so one can plan ahead if they are a collector (this could be similar to the Dungeon tool in WoW that shows all loot)
    - Give us ample warning of the above (again in game)

--

Other than that most of what we saw yesterday was positive stuff - I'm sure it's a logistic nightmare doing all this from home being the size that Bungie is but hopefully (with what we've seen with regards to expansion names) there are some meaningful player choices coming down the road (side with the light or dark for example) which would result in some player focused Factions in the future? Who knows...

Amalgamating Destiny into Destiny 2 is also something I have been wanting for a long time. All they need to do now is find a way to strike the numerical identifier from the game and give us one persiting Destiny Universe.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Some of you punks need to play PC D2 with me btw.

If you'd stop changing your name maybe I'd know who you are :P
  • Jumped into the new season on PC and I'm really enjoying it so far.

A big thumbs up to the opening mission, the seasonal event is about 10,000 times better than the last one, some of the new weapon perks are very cool, and umbral engrams are brilliantly done. Haven't tried the dungeon yet as I'm still relatively low power but I'm hoping to get to it before it buggers off. 

I mean, aye, I'll probably burn out again somewhere deep in the grind, but for now it's good to be back.
  • New dungeon is super good, some of its best content since last wish.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    What's the story with the severs? Getting 'contacting destiny servers' all week since I came back. Was never like this before. Lag and freezes in menus as well.
  • Parity between console and PC finially?
  • I've been fine 'til today, then Baboon errors all over the bloody shop.
  • Trinity Ghoul's new catalyst makes it the add-clear lord. Love a revisited exotic.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Trinity Ghoul's new catalyst makes it the add-clear lord. Love a revisited exotic.

Yeh it's great fun now and useful.
    Lots of catalysts dropping now it seems.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just had that drop last night actually. And a few others which I can't remember. :/
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I mean, aye, I'll probably burn out again somewhere deep in the grind, but for now it's good to be back.

Can feel it myself already :P

Destiny is such an odd game. It's like when I play it I go into this loot trance. Just blowing through the event or activity for slot machine stuff...
  • I bought the season pass because laptop is being shit and Destiny is the only thing that runs without issue. (Even AC is being sporadic now.)

I like the vault idea, tbh, but I only ever duck in and out, so can't muster anything about things going, and when I look at the areas going, I kinda think, yeah, I've freakin rinsed those. 

If they can do some fun stuff with returning d1 stuff it could be cool.

(For someone who doesn't do endgame much, and misses large chunks, I can't believe how much shit I have in my vault.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Just took a pasting in lockdown from our overlord Peter and friends while trying to teach two newish players.
    Was so funny, and what was the chances eh?
  • Heh, I've ended up in the tower with him sometimes, it's always nice to see.
  • Heh, I've ended up in the tower with him sometimes, it's always nice to see.
    Yeh I was having a bit of a giggle at my mate before I even noticed.

Sent him a wee message and talked for a min or so, always cool bumping in to him and his crew.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • Aye, just watched that, then watched Aztecross round up the whole shitstorm. 

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sicking carry on...

So much toxicity in online gaming.
  • Yeah, but I'm glad it's out in the open and that the wider Destiny community has been so supportive of the victims and so eager to stamp all over these pieces of shit. 

SayNoToRage, BSK, Orange Justice - put them all in a bin and set it on fire.

Fucking scum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!