Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • THEY STILL HAVEN’T DELIVERED IT!! I SOLD THE X IN PREP TOO EARLY!!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    n00b!
  • Cant get in! in a Q of 140 thousand!

Oh well :)

I shall return
  • Verecocha wrote:
    THEY STILL HAVEN’T DELIVERED IT!! I SOLD THE X IN PREP TOO EARLY!!

Oh yeah. Fair fucks. Well, you're not missing out tbh.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Hilarious, epic opening cutscene, and my character is wearing some kind of silly seasonal mask. I was like, wtf, who is this shitty nishapen new NPC
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    More of the same this then, not sure I can muster the desire considering there are so many other great games coming out... Will give it a few more days but it already feels like 'going through the motions' of the past six years.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    More of the same this then, not sure I can muster the desire considering there are so many other great games coming out... Will give it a few more days but it already feels like 'going through the motions' of the past six years.

Color me shocked
  • Whatever they've done to the lighting - higher contrast, less saturation  - I don't like it. Change it back. New planet is fucking vast at least, definite leap in scale of encounter design here.
  • Speedhaak wrote:

This is exactly what I think I’ll be saying. Damn shame. Is there at least a few interesting story missions?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah they're fine, like Brooks said Europa is vast and a really well designed sandbox. But like I've always said, art and sound do a fantastic job each time. I always just feel like the game systems never really evolve or advance much. And the big issue for me is still the loot. I'll give it some time before I decide what's what but I think perhaps six years is my lot with Destiny. We'll see.
  • Having a regular crew of other covid hermits has done a lot of the lifting with this title.
  • I wasn't going to jump in just yet, but I had the morning off so why not? 

Love what I've seen of Europa, enjoying the main campaign so far, and dammit that Destiny gunplay is phenomenal. 

I have a strong dislike for the loot and power-grind systems that Destiny uses though, especially with the absurd costs of infusion basically forcing me to spend hours with random blue items I don't enjoy.

I mean, I'll put up with it because I don't really have a choice if I wanna play the game, but this always dampens my enthusiasm to new content. Reaching cap is never a moment of triumph for me, but rather relief that I can finally start playing the game how I want to.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Having a regular crew of other covid hermits has done a lot of the lifting with this title.

Absolutely. The best days of Destiny for me were with like-minded Badgers. I suppose that's true of any online game though, company trumps all.

Shame there is no cross-play as of yet.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I have a strong dislike for the loot and power-grind systems that Destiny uses though, especially with the absurd costs of infusion basically forcing me to spend hours with random blue items I don't enjoy. I mean, I'll put up with it because I don't really have a choice if I wanna play the game, but this always dampens my enthusiasm to new content. Reaching cap is never a moment of triumph for me, but rather relief that I can finally start playing the game how I want to.

Yeah man, I agree 100% - same shit every time there is a new expansion or DLC then too. Everything is a little meaningless and you just blast your way to power cap and even then it's of no real consequence.

We've been over this dozens of times before though, Destiny has ALWAYS struggled with it's loot/power game.
  • There has to be enough silly watercooler shit to moan about though, and fortunately Bungle will insist on making very public tweaks to everything. It's a sound user retention strat.
    Do I PvP much ever? Nope. Am I fascinated by the State of the Meta at every turn anyway? Absolutely.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I noticed quite a few dropping out the PS B&B clan. Has that all dried up? I’m gonna jump back in when it comes out with 60fps support on PS5.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    There has to be enough silly watercooler shit to moan about though, and fortunately Bungle will insist on making very public tweaks to everything. It's a sound user retention strat. Do I PvP much ever? Nope. Am I fascinated by the State of the Meta at every turn anyway? Absolutely.

Well in reality there should be two sandboxes, one for PvP and one for PvE - tweak away then boys, so long as the PvE game doesn't become a bore-fest with uninspiring guns and perks.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I noticed quite a few dropping out the PS B&B clan. Has that all dried up? I’m gonna jump back in when it comes out with 60fps support on PS5.

It was Davie and all his mates.
  • b0r1s wrote:

How many active will that leave us now though....

@b0r1s on 8th December it gets the "next-gen update" to 120fps.
    Can-of-sprite
  • b0r1s wrote:

Yeh we have all been on a lot and always a few folks short of raiding and a few other folks wanting to join but having to wait.
    So they just made there own, everyone's welcome.
    With no crossplay and most of the usual badgers on pc now (or free beyond light with gamepass) it seems we were being left on our own.

Wookie done anarchy weapon raid thing 15 times in last few days before update and got it nearly every time but his mate he were helping only just got it on 15th try.
    We have quite a big crowd now of around 16, great group of folks.
  • Skade wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

How many active will that leave us now though....

@b0r1s on 8th December it gets the "next-gen update" to 120fps.

Active 0.
    There were no one but me and wookie playing from b+b,
    (Deamonic karma had to pawn his ps for food and has only recently got it back in last day or so)
  • Fired up this morning, man it looks amazing on series x. And ssd making menus load so much faster! It's lovely to play again
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Skade wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    How many active will that leave us now though.... @b0r1s on 8th December it gets the "next-gen update" to 120fps.

Ooooo. Think I’ll step back in. Work has been kicking my ass, and when I’ve had downtime I’ve been finishing SP games on my PS4. But would be good to get back into around Christmas time as I have quite a bit of time off.
  • PC Destiny is great and all, but I would like to play with Skade, Dante, and Davie again.

With big performance updates incoming for both Destiny and Warframe, and most of my friends still using Playstations as their gaming platform of choice, I might try and grab a PS5 before Christmas if I can.

I'll need Beyond Light again, but seasons carry over to linked accounts iirc.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And for Warframe? ;-)

Gonna jump back in the weekend and have another bash at it.
  • Definitely. And I'm always happy to jump in and help!
  • Another thing, I do like having the ability to put whatever mods I want on a ghost now, means I can stop running fugly monstrosities just 'cause of their rolls. But having to spend a bunch of upgrade mats to get a ghost with the same perks I had a week ago kinda sucks.

I don't s'pose it's much of a hardship in the grand scheme of things, but Bungie sure do like to mix up their improvements with annoying lil niggles.
  • Okay this new Widow's Walk loot cheese is just what I needed. Gone up 30 power in about 10 mins.
  • Do tell
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The boss of the Widow's Walk lost sector in Trostland, EDZ, is dropping a legendary item above your current power (up to the soft cap) every time you kill him. After you've killed him just run back out 'til you see the "Trostland" graphic pop up on screen, then run back in and do it again. And again, and again...

They'll probably patch it, but right now people are hitting soft-cap with an hour or two of farming. And that's fine by me. I ain't leaving this place 'til I'm sitting at 1200 power.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!