Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Think I'll wait for the upgrade patch before diving back in.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Reddit awash with threads blowing this expansion to shit.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Not a good sign when the guys I play with are back on Genshin Impact already...
  • I still haven't looked into the expansion properly yet, but I was hoping for a bunch of extras to play after completing the campaign. Forsaken had an absurd wealth of extra content, and even Shadowkeep had a Dungeon, Raid, Nightmare Hunts, Altar of Sorrow, and the Vex Offensive. We got nothing like that with BL?

Already 1200 after farming Widow's Walk btw.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah saw that on YouTube today and was like Ughhh, is this it again. Cheesing power gains then onto the bounty simulator. Kinda wish there was some meaningful leveling system with deep character customisation. Gonna log in for a bit there now but if the guys are off already back to other games I probably won't stick around long after the story.

The posts on Reddit are somewhat justified as well. Just don't understand how the systems and game design teams can't keep up with the art and sound.
  • If you see me on and want some company with the campaign just holler. 

And man, Europa is so damn pretty!
  • Is this worth buying as a casual player?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • On PC? Yeah, if you holler at me, we can play together.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    If you see me on and want some company with the campaign just holler.  And man, Europa is so damn pretty!

Cheers man but I juts put in a request for a refund. I think in it's current state I'm done with Destiny. I was really enjoying Sekiro and Hades and I'm not abandoning them for this, it just all feels so familiar. I'm not sure where it's all gone wrong really, the art and design/sound team are doing stellar jobs but the game is just boring me to tears.

I also want to try GodFall so yeah, think Destiny is going on the back burner for while longer until they make some meaningful changes.
  • Sorry to hear that, Haak, but yeah if you're not enjoying it anymore there's no point trying to force it.

Gotta say, I'm having a blast with it so far. The levelling and bounty simulator season grind can do one, but there's so much more about the game I still enjoy.

Fair enough but you'll have to be amazing to counteract my awfulness.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Started a new Warlock and got to the tower. There was a lot that they don't explain, if i was brand new i'd be pretty confused i think. So far, its fine, the feeling of shooting is still great, the warlock arc superpower seems different and is really cool

Fair enough but you'll have to be amazing to counteract my awfulness.

I am amazing by your standards dw

(I have irl friends I play with and they think I'm a god, always makes me laugh)
  • Absolutely loving the Beyond Light Campaign. Just beaten Philax or whatever, intense. Started a new character, went for Hunter this time. Have taken both Titan and Warlock to max level (not power) previously - Hunter is really fun, feels a bit harder to survive but higher damage. Is that real or my imagination?
  • Downloaded, played 3 minutes, uninstalled.

Waiting for the upgrade.
  • Made the mistake of visiting the Destiny Reddit.

Wow people are really not happy with Beyond Light eh.

Ouch I think I'll pass.
  • Downloaded, played 3 minutes, uninstalled.

Waiting for the upgrade.

Haha, I did the exact same!
  • Made the mistake of visiting the Destiny Reddit.

Wow people are really not happy with Beyond Light eh.

Ouch I think I'll pass.

Gamers are not happy with most things I find.
    I've redownload Destiny 2 and the expansions as my biggest issue with destiny (aside from the lack of time to keep up with the power grind) was the fact that it played like a pig on my old Xbox, making even the basics like accessing menus a pain in the arse. Now it loads so much quicker I think I'm gonna enjoy this again.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wookiee’s first line there is so true. We have never had it do good and yet there is still so much moaning about a lot of stuff. There is so much choice now about what you play. The only negative is choosing what to play or having the time to play. I watched this review about the PS5 the other day and there gripe was not enough launch games. There are about a dozen spread across a range of genres smh.
  • The Destiny Subreddit has been full of complaining since 2014.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Giantbomb even had a gripe about the Dualsense. I guess people doing coverage need to nitpick.
  • r/destinythegame is a particularly hellish backwater of the internet though. Seems like most of the less entitled and vehemently toxic types moved to the Destiny 2 subreddit. Not that that's without its issues (memelords all over the shop), but shit, it's the internet.
  • Best thing about beyond light is how quick and snappy it all is, even on base PS4 it loads stupidly quick.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Absolutely loving the Beyond Light Campaign. Just beaten Philax or whatever, intense.

I'm really enjoying the expansion as well. The campaign is decent for a Destiny campaign, with the Empire Hunts being the highlights (Phylaks and the crew, and they're repeatable later on).

Art and sound knocked it outta the park once again. Europa is magnificent; from the wide-open ice fields, to the Golden Age ruins, to the Clovis Bray facility, to the huge Vex structures, it's all quite beautiful. The dynamic weather is a nice touch and can feel quite oppressive when it closes in. Buffeting wind effects would have been nice, but seeing Fallen emerge from the gloom mere meters in front of you isn't getting old any time soon. I haven't really gotten into the end game or seasonal content yet though, so I have no idea how long the whole thing will keep me entertained, but I'm having fun right now

I really don't like that we lost so much content, and I don't like sunsetting weapons, but if that's how they keep the game going then I'll take it.
  • Oh yeah those storms that hit on Europa mid battle, it really feels like you're in a storm battling the elements as well as enemies.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Absolutely loving the Beyond Light Campaign. Just beaten Philax or whatever, intense. Started a new character, went for Hunter this time. Have taken both Titan and Warlock to max level (not power) previously - Hunter is really fun, feels a bit harder to survive but higher damage. Is that real or my imagination?

Am the opposite..I keep dying in the first mission. I'm underevelled, but I guess I'm supposed to go do some fucking around? It's annoying
  • I think I died more in the opening few missions of this campaign than in all the other campaigns combined, and even after some levelling those Empire Hunt bosses were still a challenge. I kinda liked it.
  • I started a new character.. haven't died. Maybe the new character start thing powers you up a bit? (i started a new character because it's confusing as fuck what supposed to be doing when return as existing character.)
  • Aye, you might have been over-levelled at times from New Light drops. Even blues will give you a good boost 'til soft cap.

I dived straight in and played the first couple of missions under-levelled, but not by much. And by "died more than all the other campaigns combined" I mean like four or five times in total. Traditionally Destiny campaigns have been very laid back with their levelling/difficulty.
  • I've been enjoying this campaign a lot, but also because of the stripped back nature of it. Not worrying about having about 45 different quests going at the same time really helps. Plus the way better load times helps a tonne.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!