Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I'm gonna jump in and have a look but I hated the direction Bungle took with Destiny 2. I didn't like Forsaken at all let alone Shadowkeep. A lot of it stems from the shit environments and generic ass space shit they keep puking out.

Bring back the Cosmodrome and Venus and the mysteries of the VoG. The first game had a genuine charm and magic I've never seen in the sequel.

Totally agree with that and iv been getting my itch scratched so to speak by running the whisper and zero hour missions to help randoms.
    I'm sure there's stuff iv still not found.
  • Just a quick word to say, flipping heck, destiny 2 on my laptop... Just flipping heck. It's not just gorgeous it's just such a breeze, moving around, loading into stuff. Feels bad man, like I wasted my goddamn time for years.

I know, right? I was equally mind-blown when I switched over. Bless my poor friend who had to put up my wide eyed wonder.

Me; "OH MY GOD, this is so damn smooth! have you seen this? Look at these particle effects!"

Them; "Yes, I know. I've been trying to tell you for the best part of..."

Me; "yeah, yeah, but have you seen THIS!?!"

I'm taking a break from the game atm, but I'll back for Beyond Light.
  • Yeah me too. Back on, if it's on game pass, dabbling. I was strictly a mindless grinder while podcasting and MP guy.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • The new TWaB's worth a read. It has details on the updated New Light started quest and big changes to armour mods. The armour mod revisions seem pretty damn good, although I've got a feeling some people are going to be upset about the faction specific mods.

Also, some of the new exotics are looking pretty cool. 

• Are they fixing the broken ass quest page and the generally bloated menus??? Also, having to pick up bounties from each individual NPC was mind numbing. I'm gonna have a dabble on my Series S if it runs nice and quick like PC...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Destiny menus are the only reason for the next gen.
  • They did refresh the quest page a while ago and it is better than it was. I mean, it's still twice as bad as the second worst quest page in existence, but for Destiny that's pretty good.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    The Destiny menus are the only reason for the next gen.
    On PC, omg. I can't explain how much of a joy it all is, it's balmost nauseatingly fast
  • I tried going back not long ago and there was so much shit everywhere all over the map and menus I just couldn’t be bothered.
  • Same. I had no clue what the fuck was happening. The game got so bogged down with a thousand mcguffins.
  • I remember when we used to laugh at people that said that about D1, but this just seems absofuckingloutely mental.
  • It's designed for those that play it every week still. If you're a new player then it's fine as it slowly reveals the quests. But if you haven't played for a while and try to return it is overwhelming.

What I do like (I logged in yesterday) is the quests are now split into various bits; so exotics had its own tab, seasonal, past quests etc. Helps a bit with it all
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'm still helping people do the zero hour heroic and the whisper of the worm heroic.
    It's all I can really be added to do in it just now.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I tried going back not long ago and there was so much shit everywhere all over the map and menus I just couldn’t be bothered.

Same, from what i've read it's going to be much simpler when beyond light comes out
  • Djornson wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I tried going back not long ago and there was so much shit everywhere all over the map and menus I just couldn’t be bothered.

Same, from what i've read it's going to be much simpler when beyond light comes out

I hope so. Would like to dabble in it even just a little bit.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Meh, I dunno. I love Destiny, I think a lot of people around here do. Having played it since 2014 I've a lot of emotional investment in it's world and characters but Destiny 2 has always had serious problems in my opinion. We all know the gameplay and art direction is second to none, this has never been up for debate. However the systems and rewards structure and now just general logistical nature of in-game activities has made the game more of a inventory simulator than actual game.

I have high hopes that these issues will be rectified but I've said this many times before.

I still count my Destiny1 days amongst the best of my gaming career along with a select few others such as co-op Combat Evolved, WoW and Street Fighter IV.
  • So intent were those wretched milk robots from thwarting our Garden raid last night they fucked over the power grid for 4000 people in Colorado just to take out our strongest player. And then sent 3 times his dinner delivery to his place, man is a mess of chicken nuggets for the forseeable.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Meh, I dunno. I love Destiny, I think a lot of people around here do. Having played it since 2014 I've a lot of emotional investment in it's world and characters but Destiny 2 has always had serious problems in my opinion. We all know the gameplay and art direction is second to none, this has never been up for debate. However the systems and rewards structure and now just general logistical nature of in-game activities has made the game more of a inventory simulator than actual game.

I have high hopes that these issues will be rectified but I've said this many times before.

I still count my Destiny1 days amongst the best of my gaming career along with a select few others such as co-op Combat Evolved, WoW and Street Fighter IV.

We'll never forget Skolas eh Haak??
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking Skolas!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Man those final few volleys from Gjallahorn!

Elation!
  • Skolas were easy, I didn't even have a gjallahorn!

Hardest part were getting people to play it with as everyone had the 'must have gjallahorn' tag added to communities and actual friends didn't wanna struggle without one.

Was quite easy really, I played a bit of destiny the first a few days ago too.
    It's still great but if you think destiny 2 maps are busy destiny one is just a mess.
  • Skolas was aids, it wasn't fun.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Fucking Skolas!

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Skolas were easy.

Get out!
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Skolas were easy.

Get out!
    Bye!

(F'ing noobs ;) )
  • We went through hell and back with him but by fuck we got there. Down to the fucking wire an all.

We had some late nights on that game...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's like I always say when talking to friends about early WoW. It was bottled lightening. To some extent Destiny was the same, it helped massively having such a great community of course. Great times, adventures and late nights. One of a kind.
  • There's a new post on Bungie.net confirming a bunch of stuff we already knew for the next-gen version of D2; from the free upgrade dropping on Dec 8th, to 4k, 60fps, to faster load times, to cross-gen play. But they also mention an FoV slider. 

This ain't no small thing, please don't ignore it. 

I'm getting quite excited for those console players that're upgrading, and for y'all to finally see this game like PC players do. You're in for a treat.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Except we're all on 144fps :P

But seriously, I agree - you guys will be blown away at how much better Destiny plays at higher frames.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just on a trip down memory lane today, gonna drop this here for the Badgers of Destiny guys. That drop at 4:06 -- good memories. We felt like like Gods as a volley of Gjallarhorn rockets careered towards Oryx while one lone warrior stood atop his alter, sword in hand. Ready to strike!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!