Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I can never get a full fireteam so instead of doing new content I end up just playing and helping the wife with old stuff iv seen a million times.

Saying that I got the new titan aspect this morning after quite a few moments of frustration at that boss (kept knocking me off ledge to install kill me).
    Soloing everything is hard.

Wanna try the new dungeon soon, I got to the first boss and worked out what I want to do bit too many adds for solo and my mate who normally plays has been complaining of a sore right thumb (and gone back to fifa).

:(
  • digi wrote:
    I can never get a full fireteam so instead of doing new content I end up just playing and helping the wife with old stuff iv seen a million times. Saying that I got the new titan aspect this morning after quite a few moments of frustration at that boss (kept knocking me off ledge to install kill me). Soloing everything is hard. Wanna try the new dungeon soon, I got to the first boss and worked out what I want to do bit too many adds for solo and my mate who normally plays has been complaining of a sore right thumb (and gone back to fifa). :(

Up for joining. If you see me on, ping me. Away this weekend but afterwards I should be about.
  • digi wrote:
    I can never get a full fireteam so instead of doing new content I end up just playing and helping the wife with old stuff iv seen a million times. Saying that I got the new titan aspect this morning after quite a few moments of frustration at that boss (kept knocking me off ledge to install kill me). Soloing everything is hard. Wanna try the new dungeon soon, I got to the first boss and worked out what I want to do bit too many adds for solo and my mate who normally plays has been complaining of a sore right thumb (and gone back to fifa). :(

Up for joining. If you see me on, ping me. Away this weekend but afterwards I should be about.

Cheers pal.
  • I am usually available for this too, crossplay is real, Discord is real.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I am usually available for this too, crossplay is real, Discord is real.

What’s your Bungo ID? Can add yers.
  • I think it's cheerleader#6013
    Because I'm a dumb extrovert who gets fucked.
  • I'm a noob at discord.
  • Daviedigi#8995
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Game chat is also more than adequate. I use it a lot when I LFG.
  • No force of Earth could get me to LFG with randos.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Sadly, the desire to Raid regularly makes it a necessity for me. You get a bellend or two every now and then but in the main you get sensible, funny and knowledgeable Guardians.
  • A new exotic weapon quest based around fishing, eh? Y'know what, I'm done. Wake me up next season.
  • New cutscene was exactly what the story needed though, it answered so much and was very well done. 

Shame it was 4 months too late.
  • I'm pretty well on a loop of strikes etc. The water shizzle is pants.

Deep Dive and Salvage are a bit meh.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • It feels a bit rough, they've obviously put a lot into this season, I just don't find any of it fun.
  • I appreciate it on the basis of revisiting Titan level geometry, but there haven't been strong gimmicks. The underwater stuff is quite a funny sort of phone-in, but it is a phone-in. Could've been better integrated into the actual combat rooms.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    GoS Sherpa run complete, with added Divinity puzzles to boot! Dead chuffed!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Still trucking Oli, all these years later. Wonder if you're the last of the Xbox Badgers?
  • I'm here. Sometimes. Diabloing this week mind.

What is the timeline for this now? Big send off with a proper paid something, or petering out with seasons until it putters to a stop?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Olimite wrote:
    GoS Sherpa run complete, with added Divinity puzzles to boot! Dead chuffed!

Nice, I still haven't got divinity.
    Been trying the néw secret exotic quests after the fishing, keep running out of time on boss part.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Still trucking Oli, all these years later. Wonder if you're the last of the Xbox Badgers?

I was playing with Elm last night, so no :) Hope you and the family are doing well <3

• Facewon wrote:
    What is the timeline for this now? Big send off with a proper paid something, or petering out with seasons until it putters to a stop?

We don't really know just yet. The current Light & Darkness saga will get it's big send off with The Final Shape DLC expansion - probably. Though I'm worried they might not wrap things up properly and leave that for the Raid, which is fair enough I s'pose, but then also carry on over that year's seasonal content.  

After that, we don't know what they have planned. They have said Destiny 2 will continue, but will that just be ongoing seasonal guff based around new smaller stories or will we get proper new expansions? Can the game support any more expansions? After all these years does anyone want that over a new game? 

I dunno, but Destiny is a genuine monster of a game that makes crazy money and has crazy fans. I know Bungo wanna branch out with new projects - but they'd be really, really stupid to let Destiny fizzle out.
  • The IP will persist in some format. I somewhat expect the rate of seasonal updates to drop from 4 a year to a couple, for D2 itself.
  • Problematic to launch a Destiny 3 or new IP now they've got this nailed over the years. I love this payment model, like Elite Dangerous, building on what's gone before to have a product that no sane company would or could launch in one go. 

The downside is where to go next because after a point the only way is down. The only chance is for people to invest in a new IP based purely on trust - that it will get better.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    I was playing with Elm last night, so no :) Hope you and the family are doing well <3

That's great man, I miss the good old days of Destiny 1 mostly. Destiny 2 never really reached the same heights for me, and the seasonal models just bore me to tears with the bounties and gimmicks. 

I am interested to see where they take Destiny after the 10 year story arc is done and even though I have no idea what's been happening lore wise I intend to watch Byf or Myelin when it's all done for a good recap. It's a shame I fell off Destiny so hard after Beyond Light... I just got so sick of the resets and power grinds with the same rotation of mechanics in different skins.
  • Latest developmental address to the gallery has generated some proper pillars of salt, I'm sort of impressed.
  • Okay, Banner of War Titan is ridiculous. Been trying it with glaives and trench barrel shotties, plus Monte and Strand primaries. I think I'm settled, I just need that Monte catalyst to fully round out the build. Will try the other new Strand aspects over the next couple of nights if I can drag myself away from this. The exotic mission rotator is finally in and is a great addition, fingers crossed we get The Whisper and Zero Hour back sooner rather than later. One missed trick however is the timeline thing and the absolutely butchered Last Call mission. The perfect opportunity to bring back the single best campaign mission Destiny has ever had and they give us that abortion. But hey, overall the season feels good so far (besides the loadout issues,) and I need those season pass armour ornaments so I'll be here for a while.

A bit late in response to the Final Shape reveal but I'm digging it. Now, I love build crafting as much as the next nerd but I'm not too disappointed by the lack of a new subclass. Yeah it would have been nice, but it's not the reason I was gonna play this expansion. Everything else they showed us sounds... Good? Some very cool looking new supers and aspects, a more focussed campaign, some killer art direction for the new area, a seasonal rework that everyone wanted but is somehow now pissed off about, plus other stuff I don't remember. Cool, I'm in.
  • Only had one go on the new season so far with bro and nephew, so not had time to dig deeply into new aspects and seasonal activity yet, but it feels like a decent season so far. 

Also, the Timeline Reflections missions seem to be doable for F2P players too which is great, as that's what fam are rocking, so they can finally enjoy some semi-decent campaign missions. Not sure how ham I will go on the season (after hitting rank 130+ last season) but I'm still enjoying the time I get in the game.
  • Also, the Timeline Reflections missions seem to be doable for F2P players too which is great

Aye, it's a good way to introduce some key plot points/characters to newer players. I'd just love to replay that full mission, it was so damn good.

The Hunter Strand-cyclone thing looks fantastic for general content. Not sure about the Warlock aspect yet, it looks to have amazing utility with its invisibility and tangle generation but it expends your melee. Will have to see if it's worth the trade.
  • Need to get back on Warlock - kinda wanna try out that floaty solar snap build I saw about a while ago. No idea if it's still powerful, but i deffo need to mix things up after playing nothing but Strand Hunter for a while.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!