Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So skipped a few pages and catching up but fuck me nintendo that was a weak e3. Most of the direct was smash bros. Excited by the fire emblem game, looks really impressive. 

As for Sony. Death Stranding looked amazing, gameplay is still open for debate. TLoU2 was graphically the best thing I’ve seen this year. Simply amazing.  

However nothing that Sony or Nintendo have done has stood above Microsoft from a game perspective.
  • Beat Sabre is immense but I do worry PSVR tracking might not be up to scratch.

From what I've seen, I'd say the accuracy should be good enough. The tracking prefers moving objects because of the way it works. Unless you mean with regards to the headset staying put with all that motion, which I have concerns about, too.

Presumably, they'll need to shrink the play area a little, though; you can really only get each controller an arm's length to either side from standing central before the camera looses them.
  • AJ wrote:
    Probably shouldn't go on, but I assume we've very few PSVR owners here? Otherwise, how the fuck isn't there more excitement for Beat Saber? I mean, look at this shiznitz...

That does look fucking brilliant, glad you put that vid up.
    Do we have a date on this?
    Beat Sabre is immense but I do worry PSVR tracking might not be up to scratch.

Why would it not be?
  • Fucking hell, I thought buttfucker Reggie went as part of the whole Me Too thing a while back, did i get it wrong or is he on bail?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Slight hiccup in the Beat Saber PSVR is that you will not be able to add tracks to it there I'd imagine. The PC version has tools that allow folks to design their own maps for tunes etc etc.. I'd be surprised if Sony let them do that on their platform what with the licensing issues...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • AJ wrote:
    [
    Presumably, they'll need to shrink the play area a little, though; you can really only get each controller an arm's length to either side from standing central before the camera looses them.

Wait what?
    You haven't seen me rolling on floor and punching my door frame (at one side of the room) and my mantlepiece (on other side of room)
  • I'm going on my setup, assumed they'd all work the same. Where's your camera positioned?

Ab Beaster had no release date announced, as far as I know.
  • I've only played Beat Sabre on a Vive Pro so it's inevitably going to feel quite lacklustre and lacking in comparison to that. Should still play well enough but it won't be as good.

PSVR playspace is pretty small, isn't it? Mine loses tracking very easily if you're at all mobile.
  • digi wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Probably shouldn't go on, but I assume we've very few PSVR owners here? Otherwise, how the fuck isn't there more excitement for Beat Saber? I mean, look at this shiznitz...
    That does look fucking brilliant, glad you put that vid up. Do we have a date on this?
    Beat Sabre is immense but I do worry PSVR tracking might not be up to scratch.
    Why would it not be?

It's like Taiko drum with wavy controls...?

I need a tactile, binary on/off button in my music games, tbh. I worked on Samba Wii and, whilst fun, it was never anything other than a novelty really because you're never 100% sure that what you're flailing at is actually registering as what you want.

I'm being super cynical here btw, I get (and agree) that the vids look fun, but in reality I imagine it's more fun as a spectator thing or a casual thing than a really accurate music game. I want to be able to disengage brain, and I'm not sure I'd be able to do that without worrying I'm hitting the right things in the right space, as was the case with every other arm-wavy music game.

It should be noted as well that I basically dislike every music game that isn't the one I play, so take that with a pinch of salt.
  • It's not like last gen motion controls at all with VR, I seriously doubt your concerns will be manifest.

I reckon it looks an absolute blast to play.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Not sure I like the character style of latest Dante. Something about those facial expressions. Looks too serious and almost evil. Not as cool as original trilogy. Too gritty I think. Or something.

Short hair chap isnt Dante, its Nero. In the trailer you see his Devil Bringer arm get cut off (hence robot arm). Dante is the one on the motorbike at the very end.

He does however have a scraggly beard that I didnt notice first time, which you are welcome to hate.
  • My bad, shoulda been paying attention. Of course it’s Nero. Didn’t even notice Dante at end.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • AJ wrote:
    It's not like last gen motion controls at all with VR, I seriously doubt your concerns will be manifest.

Aye I'm most definitely suffering from cynicism, I'll check it out for sure.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Mario vs Sonic in the Smash Invitational Grand Finals.

Exciting stuff
  • Thanks to those that offered congrats etc. earlier, before Nintendo tried to steal my thunder and caused a few more pages to be added! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • That was quite fun. Might have to fire up SB soon.
  • Just watched the Nintendo direct. Left me a little crushed.

Smash is day one for a household that loves the game, but no mention of a story mode left me a little miffed. I thought when it showed Samus, Mario etc in the fmv it was happening. Ridley reveal will please many fans including my eldest lad, but the god Sakurai dissapointed this follower, it can't be "Ultimate" without a story mode. That said, at least I can main Snake & Wolf again & cry at least, at the prospect of adding to the Smash Amiibo collection.

No AC, no Metroid Prime 4, no "proper" Pokemon news, and probably the biggest no, No bloody news ref Retro's new game.

Up for more Xeno2,(espically from that timeline) FE, Octopath, Mario Party & a couple of indies, but no Prime 4 or any news ref Retro's game left a stink, even more so with Bills weak sauce reply ref new Prime 4 footage.

A good direct, but tbf, not what I expected or hoped for.

• I was really hoping for a new Nintendo IP. Boo
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    but no Prime 4 or any news ref Retro's game left a stink, even more so with Bills weak sauce reply ref new Prime 4 footage.
    What reply? Might have missed something.

Looks like Nintendo doesn't want to show much that's more than half a year away to release. I'm fine with that. I'm sure there will be plenty of Metroid footage closer to release, and new games announced once they're ready to be shown.
    I have a shit memory though, so anything that's not close to release will usually be forgotten.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Smash is day one for a household that loves the game, but no mention of a story mode left me a little miffed.
    Maybe they just didn't have time to tell you about it.
  • @Nina

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2018/2018/06/12/nintendo-on-metroid-prime-4s-e3-2018-absence

I get the stance, but it's a little naughty throwing a tease last year & not building on it a year later.

My biggest gripe tho is Retro, I(tbf most gamers) don't know what's going on there, it's been YEARS since their last proper release. I've read the Starfox racing shiz & aledged 2nd project woes stories, but to see nothing from them left a taste.

• Yossarian wrote:
    cindemon wrote:
    Smash is day one for a household that loves the game, but no mention of a story mode left me a little miffed.
    Maybe they just didn't have time to tell you about it.

It could of had a slight portion of that air time. Fuck, they could recount the history of the planet in that air time.

Sakurai's halo goes slightly dim....

• As said earlier, they're probably just saving everything for TGS. Nintendo have never been super into E3, have they?
  • Tokyo Game Show?

If so, I thought Nintendo are less super into the TGS. I know partners show off, but I thought NCL always brushed off for Spaceworld back in the day, & since it's demise, never really bothered flexing in the motherland.

I could however, be well off the mark with the above recount.
  • Nintendo hates you, it laughs at you. They burn your money for fun. They go like this in the office. "hey Gary, let's charge these mooks for cardboard. Fucking cardboard Gary, let's fucking do it."
  • Gary. The otaku who made it.
  • Theres a reading of grim fandango going on at gameslice you tube channel.
    Narrated by tim shcaffer and has lots of actors (voice over folks) and a band etc.

Its really good.
  • nick_md wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    It's not like last gen motion controls at all with VR, I seriously doubt your concerns will be manifest.

Aye I'm most definitely suffering from cynicism, I'll check it out for sure.

Trust me, it's fantastic! The tracking on the Vive was very accurate and the music design goes really well with the flow of the blocks so i thought it was very satisfying as you flail your arms about. I don't think I felt as much of a connection to a rhythm game since Rock Band drums.
  • Hugely disappointed by Nintendo's showing. They gave up on the WiiU early, and are managing to fuck the Switch up by chucking out ports, filling gaps with uninspiring indie fodder, and maybe two new big titles a year. It should be hitting its stride now but it's treading water at best.

Come on Nintendo spend some money and make some fucking games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!