#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    After the reading the reaction on here I’m not going to even bother watching the Nintendo thing. Have absolutely no interest in Smash whatsoever. Very disappointed there wasn’t at least sprinkling of teasers for things like Metroid, Shin Megami Tensei and Retro’s new game.
    Get schwifty.
  • The Switch is selling crazy well, so no idea how you've come to the conclusion that Nintendo are fucking it up. There's been plenty more than 2 big titles this year and the ports are largely excellent games that didn't reach a bigger audience because of the platform. I’m not saying you can't be disappointed mind.

Edit: @Workid
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I mean, disappointment is absolutely right that they didn't show more but if you're not expecting that Pokémon and smash are shifting some fucking units this Xmas it feels a bit willingly ignorant
  • The Switch is selling well, yes, but that's exactly why it's annoying they are fucking it up and not releasing some interesting games.

Smash megamix and Pokémon Yellow 2018 aren't exactly inspirational.
  • Even for me there's only so many times I can play the same game.

Through the eyes of someone a couple of gens younger then maybe it looks rosy. I'm sure my kids will enjoy Switch Pokémon.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Tokyo Game Show?

If so, I thought Nintendo are less super into the TGS. I know partners show off, but I thought NCL always brushed off for Spaceworld back in the day, & since it's demise, never really bothered flexing in the motherland.

I could however, be well off the mark with the above recount.

You could also be quite right. The popularity of Direct probably means none of it really matters to them.

Personally, I'm quite amused by their E3 snow and kinda like the fact they're not hyping up things that are nowhere near release. I mean, take MS showing something about a Halo which might not even come out this generation, for example; what's the point? Everyone already knew it was coming and that it would have nice graphics, and that's all the video showed.
  • So what you seem to be saying is that they're fucking it up for you.
  • My E3 list then, with DLC separated.

1. Trials Rising.  Would press 'fast forward to February' button if I had one.  *Drops bike*.  

2. Ori & the Will 'o the Wisps.  Loose platforming in the original?? Mutter mutter.  
    3. Doom Eternal.  More of the best FPS ever?  Yes please. 
    4. Sekiro.  So this isn't a Souls thing?  If so this'll be my pick of the samurais. 
    5. Unravel 2I'm playing it alreaaaaady.  And very happy I am too. 
    6. Mario Party Switch.  Never played one properly, seems like a perfect fit for the console.  
    7. Fire Emblem.  Could crack the top 3 as it approaches, but for now it looks a bit....I dunno.  Still, FE. 
    8. Forza Horizon 4.  Have I played no.3 for more than 3hrs?  Nope, but I'm still drawn to it.  A very appealing series. 
    9. Spiderman - an odd case of not particularly hyped but convinced I'll like it.
    10. Meat Boy Forever.  Ready and willing to be convinced. 

Plenty more that I'm not frothing for but will most likely play and enjoy, like The Last of Us 2 and Tomb Raider, plus unknown things not worth mentioning but still on my radar like Halo Infinity and Battletoads.  Plus I haven't dug deep on the indie stuff yet - Harold Halibut deserves a closer look.     

DLC joy:

Donkey Kong Mario Rabbids
    Cuphead extra island.
    Splatoon single player thing - my chance to enjoy it.   

Wasn't a megaton show, but I can't grumble as I've just listed a fuckton of games I want to play.
  • Personally, the only thing I want from Nintendo right at this moment is Mario 3D World for Switch.
  • Fuck me. There's the problem. For WiiU owners it's tiring to see all these retreads.

What are these big 2018 games I've missed, that aren't just straight up ports or refreshes.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    With Pokemon, Smash and now Fortnite out I can see Switch selling out at Christmas. Just shame the presentation was a bit sparse.

I hope they announce some 3DS games at the Treehouse or I'm going to feel like a tit.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh, I've decided to go with Pikachu over Eevee for what it's worth.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Shit, I forgot Unravel 2 in my list. Hey, I've got a top five, now.

1. Just Cause 4
    2. Beat Saber
    3. Unravel 2
    4. Doom Eternal
    5. Spider-Man

Although that's just for E3 announcement excitement, actual excitement for the games themselves would have Spider-Man at the top and Beat Saber second.
  • This is why I hate E3.

People coming to bonkers conclusions because of one show.

E3 is not the be all and end all of the industry. It in no way reflects future success or demise.

Games are announced all the time.

Everyone calm down and go play something from your pile o shame.

In other news I'm seeing the new Jurassic Park tonight, and there's one more sleep until the World Cup. Come on Iceland!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Nintendo will have a direct probably a month or two after e3 (I think they did last year - they had five directs before the year was out after e3 last year)

And they’ll reveal something during the game awards (where they revealed bayonetta).

Nintendo have traditionally viewed this event for the purpose it was designed - create buzz/deals for retailers for the current Christmas. In that lens if you put out in the next six months Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Smash, Pokemon and have in between Starlink and Octopath then that is a lot for one console. Remember also that for Nintendo having too many games means eating each way into their own costs.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Fuck me. There's the problem. For WiiU owners it's tiring to see all these retreads.

I imagine they're both quite upset. :p

What are these big 2018 games I've missed, that aren't just straight up ports or refreshes.

That's a complaint that could be leveled at a large portion of the industry, to be fair. Well, the latter part, anyway; they seem to have run out of stuff to remaster this year.
  • There was a lull in the new year, but since the Switch release around 15 months ago, there's been at least 1 major release almost every month. I've got a travel case that has over 20 cartridges in it and my game list is nearer to 40.

Over the next few months, I'll be buying Tennis, Octopath, Captain Toad, Dark Souls (whenever it comes). After that, we're into the releases covered at E3 - Mario Party, Pokemon, Smash. I'm 100% sure that before that wave releases they'll be another Direct setting out the plan for next 3-6 months.
  • Since Mario there's been absolutely fuck all of interest to me, and looking ahead the drought continues. If it wasn't for the delight that is Super Mario Odyssey I'd say this is my worst purchase ever. And that includes the shitty Vauxhall Astra we got in 2002.

I bought FE Warriors just to break up the monotony and I might as well have just played Hyrule again, which is a universe I enjoy more anyway.

At least my PC keeps delivering. I feel so guilty looking at my poor dusty Switch.
  • If you can't find a single game to interest you on the Switch since October, I'd say you aren't trying. Away from the boxed releases there are tons of great indies on the store.

There's also Kirby Star Allies.
  • Couldn't agree more. There's loads of excellent content across the Switch library. Something for everyone.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m just amazed that people weren’t expecting this. A first-party game drought from Nintendo? Pass the smelling salts!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I’m just amazed that people weren’t expecting this. A first-party game drought from Nintendo? Pass the smelling salts!

What's the drought? Tennis this month, Octopath next, October has Mario party, November has Pokémon, December has smash. Stop doing the thing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m just working off the reactions in here.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ahh the pass the smelling salts come on
  • It’s also worth adding to the context that this year included labo as well. An actual different game.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Ahh the pass the smelling salts come on
    I’m not done with them yet. 2 minutes.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    The popularity of Direct probably means none of it really matters to them. Personally, I'm quite amused by their E3 snow and kinda like the fact they're not hyping up things that are nowhere near release.

That's true. The way they use Direct now is unique.

Just imagine if Labo was announced at e3.
    Would have won the show.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    Nintendo hates you, it laughs at you. They burn your money for fun. They go like this in the office. "hey Gary, let's charge these mooks for cardboard. Fucking cardboard Gary, let's fucking do it."
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Labo at E3 would have been amazing. The reactions on both sides through the roof. Riots in the convention hall. Scenes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!