The Last Thing You Bought
  • "Featured flavour: vanilla." Not too adventurous, Dazs. They did a peach one as well that I may also have imagined. It's odd frozen yoghurt isn't pushed more these health-conscious days.
  • Yesterday I ate a full tub of Ben and Jerry's Caramel Chew Chew, actually that's all I ate all day.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I like lemon sorbet, but that's not even an ice cream so I fail.
    Get schwifty.
  • I ate some lemon sorbet half an hour ago.  Tart.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    krs wrote:
    Pistachio's likeably odd. It, Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough, and Häagen-Dazs Banana and Strawberry frozen yoghurt (which I haven't actually seen anywhere for years and may have imagined) form the ice cream trinity of krs liking them the most.

Haagen Dazs is a Nestle brand ergo you like killing African babies.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Today I bought a pair of Adidas trainers, a Scruffs dog bed, a Sony stereo for my car and a Yamaha acoustic guitar.

My missus told me I didn't need another drill (I do), a new blender (I do) or a fountain pen (she's probably right on this one) and that I should maybe think about not spending my wages as soon as I get them, if I don't buy things I spend it in the pub!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ben and Jerry's is vile, specially the cookie dough one.  Ultra sweet in typical American fashion.  Maggie Beer burnt fig, honeycomb and caramel is the genuine article.  Quince and bitter almond is also delish.  GET IT RIGHT ICE CREAM EATERS
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • The cookie dough in cookie dough ice cream is very nice, the ice cream is a bit rubbish though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I can also recommend Homer Hudson.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Food snob siren awooga awooga
  • What a pity for the reputation of Ms. Beer that her products are not sold on this chunk of planet.
  • The weekly shop. A laptop for a one year old. In the shape of a pigs head.
    A pigs head.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Food snob siren awooga awooga
    Go back to your plastic teevee dinners and your Monster Munch, philistine.
    Brooks wrote:
    What a pity for the reputation of Ms. Beer that her products are not sold on this chunk of planet.
    Mm, she does a lovely range of jams.  I could mail some out.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Food snob siren awooga awooga
    Go back to your plastic teevee dinners and your Monster Munch, philistine.

Yes but I don't eat those so
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Replace with equally synthetic similar.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Incor
    OBJECTION
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Like sulphites?

http://www.maggiebeer.com.au/products/burnt-fig-honeycomb-and-caramel-ice-cream

Animal bones and pig skin in my ice cream? No thanks.
  • Temp, the B&J's core things are now available at the supermarket.
  • Sweet Jesus. Sugar apocalypse, rot my gut.
  • I eat ice cream maybe once a year, I'll eat Ben and Jerry's if it's the one with £2 off.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    And as my final newscast draws to a close, I'm reminded of a few of the events that brought me closer to you: the collapse of the Soviet Union, premium ice cream price wars, dogs that were mistakenly issued major credit cards, and others who weren't so lucky.  And so, farewell. Uh, and don't forget to look for my new column in PC World magazine.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Like sulphites? http://www.maggiebeer.com.au/products/burnt-fig-honeycomb-and-caramel-ice-cream Animal bones and pig skin in my ice cream? No thanks.
    I never said it was ethical, nor that I eat it at the mo, merely that it's rather tasty.  I eat Tofutti on occasion, lovely stuff.  I'd suggest gelatine and sulphites are in the majority of ice cream brands that offer more than choc/strawb/vanilla.  There are also naturally occurring sulphites, so they are not in themselves bad, per se.

Not sure what your diet is like Mod, but I'd suggest there'd be sulphites in there somewhere.
  • I drink wine and eat a fair amount of dried fruit so apparently I'm getting plenty of sulphites in my diet.  I seem to be living to tell the tale.  Also what's wrong with gelatin?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There probably are, I was just pointing out even the posh ice cream is rarely additive free.

Best bet is to make your own, it's not difficult.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Also what's wrong with gelatin?

Nothing. If you don't mind animal skins and bones in your ice cream.
  • 'Tomb Raider Trilogy' for £9 using some of the credit ShopTo put into my account after Gears 3 never turned up. Have to say their reward system is pretty good, 50p-£1 knocked off here and there.

Looking forward to playing 'Anniversary', recently got the Xbox version off ebay, but it's plagued by framerate issues. I understand Crystal Dynamics did a proper job with the PS3 port. Now I'm waiting for the standard "Tomb Raider is shit" response, but 'Anniversary' is a fine adventure. CD preserved the atmosphere of the original and completely overhauled the level design. Just a nice, relaxing platform game to get lost in for hours. Shame the last area of the game is terrible though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    There probably are, I was just pointing out even the posh ice cream is rarely additive free. Best bet is to make your own, it's not difficult.
    Agreed.  Good ingredients eh, that's the trick.  I know of only one fair dinkum brand of ice cream that's rubbish free and that's NZ based Kohu Road.  Investigation tells me that their ingredients are sourced from nearby producers and their vanilla for instance is simply organic cream, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla pods.  It's about as pure as you're going to get aside from DIY but by golly you pay for it at $19 a litre.  I still would though and it's stocked by a market 2 minutes walk from me.  Fuck it, I will this weekend.

Incidentally, I'm beginning to tire of the word organic (being that it has been hijacked by unscrupulous shite merchants) but it helps get the point across.
  • You are lucky where you live Skez, there simply isn't anywhere convenient that does high quality nosh near me.

Still, I'd still eat the metric fuckton of iced sugar that is a Ben & Jerry's Core Sundae simply because it is the height of decadence. It could have live crabs in it, I care not, it is simply distilled childhood in a tub and I will probably die from one.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We are now officially the richest country in the world by some metric or sommat so I can't complain.  Melbourne in particular is a noshers paradise, many fine eateries and small boutiques to choose from.  I'm in the pit of luxury and I love it.

There's a chocolatier I have mentioned a few times that's two minutes in the other direction.  I have to actively avoid it or I just seem to end up there at some point during the day.  They did this chocolate dipped marshmallow at one point; their choc but the mallow came from a small shop in Sydney.  I thought "Oh yer, marshmallow" but fuck me if it wasn't the most amazing thing I'd eaten in some time.  I realized I'd never had proper marshmallow up to this point. 

It was light, it was airy; 4cm squared slabs of pillowy delight.  Not too sweet (bitterness of the choccie rather helped) and ultimately melted away into blissful honeyed nothingness with a slightly passionfruity note at the end.  My living here feeds my food snobbery, so to speak.  

I REGRET NOTHING

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!