The Last Thing You Bought
  • Oh, I get that on the God thread when I post. I think I just managed it on the Science thread as well.

I is win. 

thank you for the explanation.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • If you're enough of a stupid cunt to fall for the supermarket's ploys then you deserve all you get. It's 3 for 2 on Dorritos at the minute wooohooo. If I get a fatter arse it's EUROSPAR'S FAULT.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • adored wrote:
    I've got a still sealed Dark Souls guide - yours for £100 plornt.

There's a big difference. That guide is still available at stores all over, including here in Norway. The Bayonetta guide went out of print two years ago. It's super rare!!!1111!!! (trying to justify the purchase to myself)
  • I hope that Bayonetta guide took time to explain what the actual fuck was going on.
  • OK, £99.99

STILL SEALED!!!
  • But I already have the Dark Souls guide. Why would I need another one?! Explain that to me.

@SpaceGazelle: FuturePress guides are THE BOMB.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just download them. There's £afuckload saved.
  • Collecting downloads is WRONG. But then again, all collections are.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You fucking what you take that back before I glass your pretty face.
  • Plornt wrote:
    Collecting downloads is WRONG. But then again, all collections are.

Collections of collections are worse.
  • You fucking what you take that back before I glass your pretty face.

BRING IT!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oh right this is bookmarked in my brain if I ever see you you're getting it chum, right in that kisser.

Glassing may happen later.
  • Oh right this is bookmarked in my brain if I ever see you you're getting it chum, right in that kisser. Glassing may happen later.

NEXT REGSTOCK!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I just bought a two quid scratchcard. I won my money back.

AAWW YEAH GAMBLING RULES.
  • If I were to buy something in Euros from Italy using my credit card, is it likely there will some kind of conversion fee? Or will it convert it to GBP automatically like Paypal does. Halp.

pls halp
  • ZMM wrote:
    If I were to buy something in Euros from Italy using my credit card, is it likely there will some kind of conversion fee? Or will it convert it to GBP automatically like Paypal does. Halp. pls halp

Yes, there will be a fee. Should be easy enough to find how much on the cc's T&C page on the Internet. They are no longer allowed to hide them away in a dark corner.

Prob around £2 from experience.
  • The invention of the "weekly shop" is perhaps their biggest success, and we bought into it like the idiots we are.
    Yup, it would be much better to go out and buy food 4-5 times a week rather than doing it all in one go. Yup. You mentaspazalist.

It really would. Ask an Italian/Spaniard/Greek/French person. Basically, ask anyone who eats better than we do.
    My wife insists a weekly shop is better then buying the food you need each day but i can't see how that's right. I live 5 minutes walk from 2 major supermarkets, a butchers and 2 green grocers. I decide what I want to eat that day, get the food and cook it. What ever is left over I snack on or have as a meal the next day then rinse and repeat the cycle. How can this be less efficient then buying loads of food you're not sure you want and then starring at it all week wondering what to eat.
  • ZMM wrote:
    If I were to buy something in Euros from Italy using my credit card, is it likely there will some kind of conversion fee? Or will it convert it to GBP automatically like Paypal does. Halp. pls halp
    Yes, there will be a fee. Should be easy enough to find how much on the cc's T&C page on the Internet. They are no longer allowed to hide them away in a dark corner. Prob around £2 from experience.

Let me clarify that, sorry. I'm buying online from Italy and I'm in the UK. I don't know if I made it seem like I was in Italy.
  • ZMM wrote:
    ZMM wrote:
    Yes, there will be a fee. Should be easy enough to find how much on the cc's T&C page on the Internet. They are no longer allowed to hide them away in a dark corner. Prob around £2 from experience.
    Let me clarify that, sorry. I'm buying online from Italy and I'm in the UK. I don't know if I made it seem like I was in Italy.

That's what I thought you meant. There will be a handling fee, but best check your particular card's terms.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Whenever I've used my card abroad recently it's just been a straight (probably rip-off) conversion. No extra fees, but yeah, check your provider.
  • I do my shopping weekly and rarely if ever throw away any food.
  • I hope you don't buy your fish weekly.
  • n0face wrote:
    The invention of the "weekly shop" is perhaps their biggest success, and we bought into it like the idiots we are.
    Yup, it would be much better to go out and buy food 4-5 times a week rather than doing it all in one go. Yup. You mentaspazalist.
    It really would. Ask an Italian/Spaniard/Greek/French person. Basically, ask anyone who eats better than we do.
    My wife insists a weekly shop is better then buying the food you need each day but i can't see how that's right. I live 5 minutes walk from 2 major supermarkets, a butchers and 2 green grocers. I decide what I want to eat that day, get the food and cook it. What ever is left over I snack on or have as a meal the next day then rinse and repeat the cycle. How can this be less efficient then buying loads of food you're not sure you want and then starring at it all week wondering what to eat.

You're actually fortunate to have a local butcher/greengrocer. Most of them have closed down. Cherish your local fishmonger, if you have one.
  • Sorry to keep banging on about this, but ask your local fishmonger for the things that you want, and they'll get them for you.  And tell them it better be fresh. Check what's in season, and ask them for the whole fish.  That way you can examine the eyes and gills and determine what's fresh. If it's not then don't buy it. 

The relationship you have with a small retailer is built around trust, and if you're prepared to buy the stuff you ask for they'll be more than happy to meet your meet your demands. 

Try doing that at Tesco.
  • n0face wrote:
    The invention of the "weekly shop" is perhaps their biggest success, and we bought into it like the idiots we are.
    It completely depends on what, if any, local food retailers are available. I don't need to do big shops because I have a market, a butchers, and a supermarket all within 30 seconds walk from my apartment, so it's easy to just pop over and get what I need. But if doing a supermarket run once a week was going to save me a substantial amount of time over the week, that's what I'd do for sure.
  • Would still try and get meat, fish. etc on the day I wanted to use it, but it really does depend on what's available near you and whether you can afford to take that time each day.
  • We do a weekly shop but we plan out our meals in advance so we know exactly what we need for the week. Any left overs (or if we dont have one of the meals for whatever reason) are included when we plan the next shopping trip (i.e. we have mince left over so we dont to buy it this week).
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Well, exactly. Yes, I buy fish in my weekly shop. Cunningly, I eat it before it goes off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!