Infinity War Spoilers thread
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tin's thoughts are exactly my thoughts so just read his post again here.

I agree with Reg agreeing with tin.
  • GoG3 isnt due to be released until after Captain Marvel and Inifinity War 2. In the infinity war comic Adam Warlock is central to the whole piece. Not sure how marvel are going to have thanos be defeated in IW2, if Adam Warlock isnt in it. Only a year to wait till we can find out.
  • When Stark was fighting Thanos and getting his ass kicked, I was legit thinking "no not Tony, no please!" 

Which took me by surprise. 

Anyway, overall I really enjoyed it. Think Marvel did a good job of pulling off the film, each team's bits felt like they could be from their own film. I.e. when you're with the Guardians, it felt like a Guardians film. When you're with Iron Man and Spiderman, it felt like Homecoming etc. 

Thanos was an excellent villain. Really understood his motivation and you could actually see his point and his side, like others have said.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So what's the title of 4 that they had to keep secret?

Avengers : If I Could Turn Back Time?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    So what's the title of 4 that they had to keep secret?

Avengers : If I Could Turn Back Time?

Avenger: Where we’re going, we don’t need plot.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Marvel did a good job of pulling off

Marvel pulled you off?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Marvel did a good job of pulling off

Marvel pulled you off?

Thanos is the only person with big enough hands
  • Absolutely fantastic.

My only problem was the second they killed Black Panther, I knew that death wasn't sticking. Then they killed Spider-man. At that point, they could have had Stark turn to camera and say "comic book death, lol!"

But other than that, a massive Thanos sized thumbs up.
  • Now the biggest opening weekend of any movie ever.
  • Absolutely fantastic.

My only problem was the second they killed Black Panther, I knew that death wasn't sticking. Then they killed Spider-man. At that point, they could have had Stark turn to camera and say "comic book death, lol!"

But other than that, a massive Thanos sized thumbs up.

Yeah you know that ash death is reversible. But assuming Loki, Heimdell and Vision are gone... Maybe Gamorra as well
  • I don’t think Gamorra is dead, I don’t think she ever was. I think that was merely a test of Thanos and she’s fine somewhere. That or it’ll be part of the next GotG bringing her soul back or something.

Loki, Heimdell are full on dead’s for me though.
  • What happened to Nebula in the end? She escaped but did she show up on Titan?
    I cant remember
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I thought it was great. Absolutely nailed the feeling of an marvel crossover event. These things typically build in comics for at least a few months before, so it often starts seemingly in the middle of some events. Ludicrous stuff happening everywhere, all your favourite super people meeting each other and having the sassy bants. Strange was great and they've established him really well from just one film. There's a trade-off between telling a good story and having this unprecedented scope but they've manged both without too many compromises. I don't know how long passed between Strange, Iron man and spider-man getting on the space doughnut and then returning to their story inside it. It felt like an hour at least.  None of the characters had that much to do but what they did do all felt important. 

The hit to miss ratio of the jokes was about even. They are trying much too hard now. Since the first GoTG there's an expectation that these all have to be hilarious and they'd get a better response from me if they focused on quality rather than quantity. But for every star-lord deep voice moment or Drax being invisible, some good stuff comes along pretty quickly to make you forget about it. That said, there weren't any deathly silences in the cinema at any of the bad gags though. Everything got some form of a laugh (unlike the 'please hold' Last Jedi routine which everyone seemed a bit embarrassed by). 

There's lot of stuff in this film and I liked lots of it. I liked Drax getting diced and Mantis getting noodled and Star-Lord's bubble gun and Spider-man's Iron Spider suit. I like that they've gone full Aladdin's carpet with Dr Strange's cape. Thanos throws a fucking moon at Iron Man. A moon! (That bit actually wasn't that well done - it was just a few rocks raining down in the end but good effort). 

The big flaw is the final act where you wanted it to get going and instead there's a long weapon crafting sequence and a pointless reworking of the Battle of Naboo. They just wanted to have a dramatic backdrop for the final bit and fill it with fights and action. Thor's axe thing might pay off a bit in the next one. I suspect he'll end up killing Thanos with that thing (by following Thanos' own advice and chopping his head off, probably with an infinity stone or two embedded in it). At that point, in hour 6 of this story, the time spent establishing the power of the weapon will pay off. It will matter less that they spent too much of hour 3 building it up. That's if I'm right. Otherwise it was just a bit pointless seeing as it did nothing in the end. 

The RLM guys posed the question why subverting expectations works here but not in TLJ, they half-answered it but not completely. In this, you imagine Hulk is going to fight Thanos and you probably also think it will be an epic moment right near the end. Instead, BOOM here it is, it's short, it's brutal, it's what you want, it tells you the baddy is a fucking beast and now let's kill some of the cast. If Rian Johnson was directing this, you wouldn't have had a fight between Thanos and the Hulk, it would be implied you were a prick for wanting it and instead Thanos wouldn't be a baddie after all but just trying to teach Hulk a lesson about following the chain of command.
  • Anyway, predicto for the next one is the old guard bring the new guard back but have to sacrifice themselves. Probably by having to each hold an infinity stone so they’re dead but are they really or have they just ended up somewhere in space to be brought back and recast at some future date. Who knows? The noobs will be trapped in some nether realm and have to work together and learn and grow as a team to get everyone out blah blah blah. Phase 4 will be the X-Men and Fantastic Four and the now-bonded noob Avengers. Hulk will probably live but he'll go grey hulk to beat Thanos. So they can ditch Ruffalo at that point.
  • What happened to Nebula in the end? She escaped but did she show up on Titan? I cant remember

She's keeping Iron Man company on Titan, if I remember correctly.
  • monkey wrote:
    If Rian Johnson was directing this, you wouldn't have had a fight between Thanos and the Hulk, it would be implied you were a prick for wanting it and instead Thanos wouldn't be a baddie after all but just trying to teach Hulk a lesson about following the chain of command.
    Sir I applaud you for your entirely correct opinion.
    *starts slow clap*
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Gamorra might be in the stone or something. Vision might possibly come back, due to Wakandan magic tech. But the others, yeah, they dead.

The only possible way I can see Loki coming back is if we do Kid Loki, which would be awesome, but I highly doubt would be done.
  • Everyone who turned to ash is within the soul stone, which contains a pocket universe, which will be accessible in some way via the quantum realm that Ant Man will explore in his next film. Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock and Ant Man will find a way to bring them all back.

Something like that.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Everyone who turned to ash is within the soul stone, which contains a pocket universe, which will be accessible in some way via the quantum realm that Ant Man will explore in his next film. Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock and Ant Man will find a way to bring them all back. Something like that.

Boom. Because where the fuck was Ant-Man? They can’t keep him out of both Grand Finale movies.
  • Just home from this.  It just felt like the others.  Some good set pieces/stunts/CGI with the occasional good line.  Thanos was pretty cool.  But ultimately, I didn't give a shit about anything happening.  

Gamora's death scene was probably the high point of the film and even that was telegraphed once it started going.

The ending, that is played for shocks and sadness, was completely flat due to the real world franchises surrounding the film.

Meh.
  • Surely we can count on Hawkeye to save the day.
  • The response to Banner's "Where's Clint" should have been, "Oh, you think an arrow might work where the Hulk failed?"
  • Maybe he'll shoot an arrow which Ant Man can ride over to Thanos, before burrowing into his ear like the horrible brain worms from Star Trek.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This thread has already made me too tired.
  • poprock wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Everyone who turned to ash is within the soul stone, which contains a pocket universe, which will be accessible in some way via the quantum realm that Ant Man will explore in his next film. Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock and Ant Man will find a way to bring them all back. Something like that.

Boom. Because where the fuck was Ant-Man? They can’t keep him out of both Grand Finale movies.

Antman and hawkeye under house arrest with there familys due to the accord from civil war.
    Its mentioned.
  • This thread is a hall of shame except for me and brooks.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    This thread is a hall of shame except for me and brooks.

I'm amazed you can even see this thread from up there on your horse.

SFV - reddave360
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    he bought that horse with his payrise let him enjoy it
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    admittedly its got three legs and its eyes are on its arse but still

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!