Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    2022 World Cup will be held between the 21st of November and the 18th of December. What does that mean for the European league season?
  • Its fucked presumably. Were getting a winter break next season, but I doubt it starts in November.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's just the start if the tournament too, no doubt they'd want a couple of friendly games in before hand. When did the squads get together before this World Cup?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    21st of May, first friendly was on 2nd of June, first group game was on the 18th of June.

Obviously that was because it was in the close season so the schedule can be tightened up, but still, you'll probably be looking at squads getting together in October.
  • That's just the start if the tournament too, no doubt they'd want a couple of friendly games in before hand. When did the squads get together before this World Cup?
    The first warm-up game was on 2nd June. So it must have been at least a week before that where they got together. Then the WC started on 14th. So three odd weeks at least. They'll probably try and start the season a month early and finish a month late. But that fucks that season completely and possibly the next one due to less recovery and prep time.
  • Honestly, they should follow rugby's example and just fucking carry on with the domestic competitions. Let the squad players have a go.

The fact that NUFC would be totally unaffected is not a factor in me suggesting that, definitely not.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Apologies Monkey.

I knew it would be a cluster fuck, but it's starting to sink in a bit now. Still, before this one kicked off I was pretty certain that it was going to be a disaster but I'm delighted to be proven completely wrong on that one.

Christmas market fan parks will take some getting used to though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    2022 World Cup will be held between the 21st of November and the 18th of December. What does that mean for the European league season?

Wait what the fuck?

How?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No alternative really, Qatar in the summer is over 40°C in the shade. Scorchio!
  • Because FIFA got a lot of money to take the World Cup to one of the most unsuitable locations on earth.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But... That's in the middle of the fucking season
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm genuinely gobsmacked here
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I mean, I get money and all that, but..

Fucking hell
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've also been reading up on the insanity of the 2026 World Cup, with forty-fucking-eight teams split into sixteen groups of three teams each, top two qualify. Surely the odds of two or even all three teams finishing on the same points will increase? So we might start getting into most corners won or something to split the teams.

The crazy, greedy bastards.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Glad I've enjoyed the living fuck out of this World Cup, it might be the best one for years to come.
  • No alternative really, Qatar in the summer is over 40°C in the shade. Scorchio!

They won on the basis of holding in the summer with air conditioned stadiums. Immediately after winning they went lol no, winter.

There should have been a revote on that alone.
  • Theyre talking about bringing the expansion forwards, which would cement 2022 as the worst World Cup of all time.
  • Its fucked presumably. Were getting a winter break next season, but I doubt it starts in November.

From memory, the winter break isn't really one as such. Basically 10 Premiership teams will play one weekend and the other 10 will play the next weekend meaning every team can have 13 days between games.
  • Odds on Man U squeezing in a friendly in New York...?
  • I've also been reading up on the insanity of the 2026 World Cup, with forty-fucking-eight teams split into sixteen groups of three teams each, top two qualify. Surely the odds of two or even all three teams finishing on the same points will increase? So we might start getting into most corners won or something to split the teams. The crazy, greedy bastards.
    They've wrecked it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've also been reading up on the insanity of the 2026 World Cup, with forty-fucking-eight teams split into sixteen groups of three teams each, top two qualify. Surely the odds of two or even all three teams finishing on the same points will increase? So we might start getting into most corners won or something to split the teams.

The crazy, greedy bastards.

Wait what the fuck. I'm starting to think you're just fucking with me and I'll believe anything you post.
  • The number of games played overall will increase from 64 to 80, but the number of games played by finalists remains at seven, the same as with 32 teams, but one group match will be replaced by a knockout match. The tournament will also be completed within 32 days, the same as previous 32-team tournaments
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    At least Scotland might get into it
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hahahaha
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yup.  Blatter suggested all the stadium were going to be fully air conditioned as they were all super duper brand new.  Then it turned out that’s actually physically impossible at this moment in time to air condition a stadium.  Then they decided on winter instead and fuck all the leagues because we’re FIFA.  The general plan is that all the major leagues will have a six week break and the English FA are gonna condense some match weeks and begin the season 2 weeks early.

You should all go and read FIFA.The Fall of the House of Blatter by David Conn.  It’s an amazing insight into the pretty much criminal way the whole organisation has been run since the fella before Blatter took charge.  Adidas are also massively involved in the really fucking shady financial side of things too.  Platini is a fucking robbing twat too - blaming the French president (of the time - who incidentally supports PSG who are bank rolled by the same government that wanted the hosting duties) and Blatter and anyone else he can think of whilst he helps his son get along with a 2 million a year job as sports advisor to the government of the country he voted for the World Cup to go to.  The book asks you to go back and look at the video of the WC announcement for 2018 and 2022 and watch Blatters face as he reads out Qatar as he’s just has to announce Russia for the tournament before.  It’s at this point he knows the game’s up and he’s fucked.

FIFA are now on incredibly shaky financial ground btw.  They can no longer attract tentpole sponsors other than Addidas who will chuck all the money they wish at them and so, they have resorted to heading to Chinese and Indian companies to prop them up with sponsorship.  There’s now hefty noises that the fella in charge is now carrying on with blatters previous regime of bribing the smaller nations with football parks and funding and extra budgets to ensure he stays in charge.  It’s a fuck up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!