Anarchy Reigns
  • And I managed to get it for £13.49 !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Can't wait to buy this again and play multiplayer.
  • Can't wait to buy this again and play multiplayer.

Did you play it much online ?
  • Well I've got my copy today ! 

That's the earliest I've ever had a game turn up . Just got to find the time to play it now
  • Got my copy today too. Had a lot of fun when i found you could do the multiplayer with bots ( its buried away in training mode). Single player became more fun as i tried to find out what to do.

I did try joining multiplayer matches, unsuccessful for about half an hour before i gave up. Shame, maybe once it releases ill get some 16 player mayhem on.
  • GOTY. God Hand with MP. I didn't really get on with the MP on the Japanese demo (if I'm honest, I hadn't a clue what the fuck was going on half the time), and the thing's not released officially for another eleven days, so I'll not be able to try it or have a go with Bayonetta, but now that I've had a few hours with the campaign I'm looking forward to trying it out again.
    The campaign itself is totally tacked on like most arcade games, but it's a joy to play and it's got Trophies. It's not that there isn't much of a campaign, there is, but this isn't structured like a 'normal' game. You have to unlock each chapter by making that number bigger. You can either free roam and kick the living fuck out of everything for points, or you can enter challenges and kick the living fuck out of everything for bonuses, points and medals. New challenges unlock upon completion of prev challenges. Love it to bits, it's just a big dumb Japanese arcade game and it's so much fun.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Willing to charge my headset if anyone's got this on PS3 and fancies throwing missiles at each other for an hour.
  • Why is this only £18? Its not the kind of thing I'd normally but, but its Platinum and its fucking £18!

Is it as good as you're making out Lawro?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • It's awesome. I've caned single player but the meat is multi.
  • Fuck it, just bought it sight unseen. Better be good!
  • On payday I shall have this to buy with my money
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Don't tempt me - enough to play already!
  • Gremill wrote:
    Why is this only £18? Its not the kind of thing I'd normally but, but its Platinum and its fucking £18!

Is it as good as you're making out Lawro?

Yes, loving it. I paid £14. I'm only about half way through the second chapter of the campaign, I've been free roaming, but will definitely be replaying the challenges for platinum medals. Can't get a match online or try out Bayo, it's not released until the 11th.
    I gave the Japanese MP demo a hard time, but I didn't bother paying any attention to the radar, which is key.
  • I'll get my uk copy payday too.
  • on this, Nick lent me the jap version and its fun.

comparisons to god hand are a bit OTT though, calm down.
  • Pfft who's this cunt?

It doesn't have as extensive a move list, but lets be honest you used the same combos that worked for you in God Hand, this just trims that by giving you an awesome default move set. Although, I have no idea what levelling in MP does, yet.
  • this is a cunt who's played the shit out of god hand and some of anarchy reigns. 

AR is an almost exact re-enactment of madworld without the style. cunt.
  • In God Hand I just ended every combo with a pimp slap regardless of any preceding moves.
  • Other than the surreal slapstick vibes and swagger, it doesn't have that much in common with God Hand.

Nothing to to call people cunts over, really.
  • aren't platinum made up of some former clover dudes? there were plenty of homages to GH in madworld, like the pimp hand finish and the baseball bat.
  • Nothing to get on like a woman about either.
  • I'm only starting out in GH, I'm sure there are plenty of references.

What I mean is that AR is built around multiplayer mayhem whereas GH is built for single player. I don't think they were going for a spiritual successor to that game, more like a multiplayer Mad World as you say.

AR has buckets of its own style though imo.
  • I don't see the difference between the three of them, you move and enemies appear, you beat them up. You can complicate it all you like to prove your point, but like I said regardless of the moves available, most people I'd say who've spent any time with God Hand had their favourite moves which they stuck with.
    OK, Jack has a chainsaw and it's a different non RE4 camera, and obviously it's designed for MP. I really didn't think I needed to add that. It's an evolution of the original God Hand idea.
  • Does AR retain the risk/reward fof GodHand? I've never seen another game do it that way, and I was always awful when ever I got to level three. Imagine it's super satisfying if you're a pr0 with the dodge.
  • I largely ignored that tbh. Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets do the same thing. The better you get the harder the game is.
  • madworld/AR are like 3d side-scrolling beat em ups, simplish controls and arcadey. like modern SoR or final fight maybe.

godhand is pretty technical-almost to the point its a fighting game like tekken/sf.

to say there's no difference between these games is to admit your brain was replaced by a cabbage
  • Is it fuck. There's fuck all technical about God Hand. Press circle to win.
    Fuck you Gremill look what you've started.
  • Oh my.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • YES.
  • Fucking stupid nerds.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!