Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • And that's AC20 done with Gremlins. What i said above stands. Gremlins are hella fun.

Took a bunch of goes to crack AC18, then did AC19 and 20 back to back.

Not sure which character I'll do next.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • this was fun, although certainly could've crushed the first boss in a more comprehensive or entertaining manner.

• Nice
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • A20 hearts on Clad now, to add to watcher and silent. Just Defect to go.
  • Finished all the achievements the other night. Only had to do

Minimalist - 5 card or smaller deck
    Who needs relics - single relic run
    25 focus in one fight
    Sub 20 minute run

Didn't realise I didn't need a20 heart win on each character so hadn't focused on them until now as I only have watcher and ironclad.

Minimalist was easy enough on watcher. Just did the boring infinite.

A single relic was surprisingly hard as I'd often take event relics by mistake or start with neows lament like a total fanny. The lack of energy relics also made it trickier.

25 focus was just a case of getting enough Frost orbs to block each turn and farming powers with creative ai until I got enough focus using consume, derangement, and biased cog with orange pellets.

The speed run turned it to be not to bad either. Just ran ironclad until I got a small deck with a couple flex, limit break and whirlwind and managed to win in 16 minutes. Think my previous fastest was 30.

I guess I can stop now...
  • Incredible work Frosty. I’m there too, or thereabouts - have the sub 20, minimalist and no uncommons / rares to get and then I’ve “completed” it.

Also need a heart kill on A20 Defect but that shouldn’t be too bad.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Join us Frosty, anyone who takes over 30 minutes for a run is disgusting.
  • Every now and again I pop this up on my phone and give it a go. I always enjoy it, and often get to the heart. However I haven’t even come close to killing it, let alone playing around with harder Ascs. As such, every time I look into this thread it’s like visiting another planet occupied by Gods.

(I don’t even have the luxury that I have in other games, of just blaming my reaction times…)
  • You're not alone.  I absolutely love this game but just can't het to A20.  Haven't played that much in past year or so I think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've returned to this over the last few weeks after initially putting it down after beating the Heart on default.

Working through asc now and up to 8 with IC, 5 with the other two. (Haven't touched Watcher at all since returning).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's been perfect to play on my lunch break. Got to Asc 3 with Ironclad and Asc 4 with Defect this week. Fuck Silent and Watcher.
  • Meanwhile, after ac20 on most of the mains I continue to downfall. Mid teens AC with the slime boss. Real cool mechanics, but harder than the others for me.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I just do the daily. Pretty much every single day - 799hrs playtime.
  • GOTY I reckon.
  • Just got my second ever Heart kill, asc6 silent. Went in with health 90+ thanks to upping at card drops, deck revolving around that card that gives 1block per card played, lots of shivs, nice energy gains, a shuriken and a spinning top meaning I could often play lots of stuff per turn, plus other nicely synergizing stuff ofc. Ended with decent hp left despite tanking a big hit or two. Lovely.

Will give silent a break now and focus on upping Defect asc level.

Buzzing tho.
  • Boom! Nice one! It's a great feeling when things kick off with your deck
  • Was so chuffed I showed my wife.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nick absolutely bossing it. I don't know why but I never go for heart. Only bothered a few times.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    However Nick's triumph has put me in the mood for a Spire day
  • That's the Heart defeated with defect, asc6. That's 1x Heart kill for clad, silent and defect, chuffed. (Haven't really touched Watcher outside of an asc0 win, saving her for a 'when you're bored of the three main characters, refresh with a new one).

Defect deck was a bit of a Power card engine + a couple of self repairs, which I was sleeping on until I read a reddit ama from a guy who got 9x A20H Defect clears in a row, he seemed to value it highly and yep, it makes a ton of difference, I was healing for 17 every combat and both copies I had were giving me free cards due to mummified hand. Add runic pyramid onto that and I was playing cards for free and fun most of the time due to a heavy Power card deck, with dark orbs and lightning doing my slaps.

What a game.

• nick_md wrote:
    I've returned to this over the last few weeks after initially putting it down after beating the Heart on default.

Working through asc now and up to 8 with IC, 5 with the other two. (Haven't touched Watcher at all since returning).

It's all about the asc levels. That's when the game shows how amazing it is, and then you get to do them all again going for the heart.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • It's definitely top 5 games ever now for me, and considering I'm in no way a tcg/deck buildy person, it shows just how good this game is. But we all know that.

Bonus info: I re-read this entire thread recently and some choice picks are how folks who love the game started by saying how shit it is before inevitably getting sucked in :D
  • I need to get back into the main game. Play the daily almost every day, but haven’t played the main in ages.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I've had the game for a few years now and have never done a daily.

Really thought I was going to kill the heart asc8 clad earlier, got up to it super easy with strength scaling ridiculous, couple of limit breaks, the jax strength, the card that gives strength if they're attacking etc. Also had barricade and double block, plus impervious, so all set, but just couldn't draw the cards to scale block quickly enough at the heart, so died. Still, asc8 clear and onto 9 for clad. Gonna try to up silent and defect now I think, both on 7 atm.
  • S&s proper fuck me up pretty much every time, I heard a smoke escape works against them but it didn't yesterday, only had the discard option. Patched out?
  • As they surround you you can't use smoke until one is dead

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!