Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Sorry what’s the achievement? Just basic cards?

Yes, no rares or uncommons. Did it on ASC 1 for more relics.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Roujin wrote:
    Does anyone have an opinion on what char might be best for the no relic achievement?

Watcher

I need to play with watcher more. I've done ASC 0 but I can't say I know her that well.
  • I think I agree. She swings for the fences, and you can fail, but with cards only you could still make a solid deck.

Defect would probably be second guess.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • If you can get a poison block machine going with the poison power that might work.
  • Asc 0 Watcher with a basic wrath deck is probably enough to get you over the line. The damage is just silly relative to what the enemies are doing at that point.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I'll try Watcher then, with a silent poison deck as backup.
  • Watcher is deffo the strongest character in the game it feels like, she just has easy access to insane damage output and a reasonable shot at getting decent control for entering or leaving wrath on command during a run.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Oh ffs I musta picked up the red mask at some point at the end of act 3, maybe a question mark. I didn't even notice until the end.

BpLeZJh.jpg

Had little success with the Watcher but I'll keep plodding on.
  • It's actually quite hard to not pick up relics. It's the mid-act chests when you forget.
  • Red mask is the worst one - barely does shit. (Although surviving with 7hp possibly means it saved your ass!)

Usually you get the red mask from the trio who try to rob you or the thing that wants all your money.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pretty sure it’s the red mask that combines when you meet the gold idol and if you don it you get a load of gold. But as a relic it’s pretty weak.
  • Red mask is the worst one - barely does shit. (Although surviving with 7hp possibly means it saved your ass!)

Nah I had fairy in the bottle.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Pretty sure it’s the red mask that combines when you meet the gold idol and if you don it you get a load of gold. But as a relic it’s pretty weak.

If you don’t have it you get the mask for all your gold if you do have it (from the fight) you get the gold.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can’t believe you just ignored my weak “joke” ffs.
  • It was a weak joke that’s for sure.
  • Just started this again. Addictive like crack cocaine.
    How is this not yet ported to mobile?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Android too pls!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • After 47 hours of play I have just finally beaten it for the first time with ironclad

• Nice! That's when the sddiction kicks in. Just wait until you go up the Asc levels. Every level adds a new handicap and they stack, so by asc20 you've got 20 handicaps going on. It's then that the game really starts to shine. Each new asc level requires a little bit more understanding and you slowly get better and better. It's horrendously subtle in the later asc levels and one card pick can really fuck you up.

And then there's the achievements, which can change how you play drastically. It's just the best game.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one Jimmy! Welcome to Spires Anonymous :-)
  • Ahahah. Can’t stop playing it, just got it on my phone so on boring conference calls I can carry on... think it’s becoming a habit

Spent so long on ironclad that I fail miserable when I use any of the other three characters
  • Ahahah. Can’t stop playing it, just got it on my phone so on boring conference calls I can carry on... think it’s becoming a habit Spent so long on ironclad that I fail miserable when I use any of the other three characters
    I'm basically the best player here, if you need some tips let me know.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I think I've played most hours and pretty well know there's better players here.

Ticking towards 1200hrs on pc. With new runs on ios going now too.

Just did ac5 on ios with ic. Str, keep cards and time dropping heavy blow ftw.
  • Ha I managed to beat the time warp dude in a five card run but in my hubris I picked up the three gems so I moved onto the heart which killed me. Annoyingly I think I might have been okay except in the last ? I got a “lose a card” and I had to choose between ragnarok and alpha. The reason I kept ragnarok was that I also had the “necronomicon” which meant it was played twice every turn. (So one of my five was the curse)
  • Did Asc3 with Defect this morning, very satisfying. Still haven't managed to quite get my head around Watcher - can't seem to find the balance in the deck yet, but it's great fun trying
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Watcher has lots of trickiness. Just did ac10 last night. But there's been a lot of failure in between.

Fwiw snecko got me the win.

Lots of big hitter cards, got fasting early and deva not long after.

Followed up by getting within a turn of beating the slug next run.

Can feel a run of losses coming.
  • Or not, up to act 3.

Amongst other things, necro relic, plus upgraded ragnarok plus 8dmg on first attack means a few fights end on first turn.

Likewise if I get the 2 cost one that gives you a through violence. If I'm in agro I get 60 dmg then free 80 coming up.

Tasty.
  • Finally did the 5 card run. Stumbled into another “remove a card” ? Space but fortunately it was early enough I could get a suitable replacement.

(My cards in the end were wrath, signature move, alpha, empty mind and something else).
  • Getting sig move to work is so fun.

God bless Mark and judgement.

Snail fucker has screwed me twice. Decks working, but both heavy on card usage and timing of tick over has shafted me.

Also, if you're not sure what to do with first option from whale with watcher, and don't want to swing for fences, upgrade card is very solid.

Agro card becomes so powerful when it costs 1.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!