Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Lol.
    So ac19 done with ic on pc.

RIP.

tree. Bee. Knee.

I digress.

Got blessed with all the good shit.

Dead branch, snecko, and the one that exhausts skills the main thing, but also nearly all the relics that give you first turn bonuses, including discard choice.

2 turns to take down 999 health guy, 1 turn to take down spaggetti and a third act elite.

Had donut and co for final boss. First turn as well.

So 2 achievements in one run. Woot.

Fiend fire was absolutely devastating.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Almost had him. Almost.....
    The donut boss.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Facewon wrote:
    Lol. So ac19 done with ic on pc. RIP. tree. Bee. Knee. I digress. Got blessed with all the good shit. Dead branch, snecko, and the one that exhausts skills the main thing, but also nearly all the relics that give you first turn bonuses, including discard choice. 2 turns to take down 999 health guy, 1 turn to take down spaggetti and a third act elite. Had donut and co for final boss. First turn as well. So 2 achievements in one run. Woot. Fiend fire was absolutely devastating.

I'm struggling with IC on asc 20. The double boss is a fucker.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yeah I tapped out on Asc 20. I think I maybe only cleared it once with a silly defect build. Never got near a heart beating build at that level. Asc. 20 is tough. I feel like there's a noticable step up even from Asc 19. Felt like I got through 19 in a week or two, but almost no progress on 20 in a couple of months after that.

Edit: Will deffo return for the fifth character though, whenever that happens.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I just can't seem to beat that wolf looking fucker (the unawakened?) with any of the characters. Any tips? He always gets me when he regens.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • He's a bastard. have only ever beaten him when I've had an OP deck. Decks that require a lot of power cards at the start will struggle, unless those powercards really make you deal mega damage or block after a handful of turns. A real pure str build with IC would do it, but you'd need to be creating the str with demon form and then upgraded limit break so you weren't upping his Str at the same time. Deck I did Ac19 would have got him, but it was basically godmode.
  • I think for him you need 2 things - the ability to kill his birb assistants quickly and then the ability to generate enough block and survive his first phase without relying too much on playing a lot of powers.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Massive block and body slam with the Warrior Chap. I think that's how I beat him
  • E376Bxy.jpg
  • prioritise the smaller birds to begin with, and only use essential scaling powers during the first phase of its life bar. spam your other powers on the turn you kill it for the first time as it won't receive any buffs. ideally you would have scaled strength enough by this point to be able to reduce the 2nd life bar quickly.
  • Cheers all. I'll give it a go.
  • also, if you're comfortable blocking the attacks coming your way and your damage is scaling, don't be in a rush to empty that first life bar.
  • This was my Asc19 IC run.

zX7mKqD.jpg
  • Finally beat the Unawakened and had my first ever go at the Heart as well. Used a deck with loads of block cards, only a few power cards and snecko eye. Got Denim Form early, killed the birbs asap, then sat back and blocked whilst chipping away at his health. When he died the first time I played my Limit Break in the interval (great tip Noxy) doubled up to 36 Str and repeated round one tactics.

The Heart, however, owned me thoroughly.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    DENIM FORM+ image0.jpg

Still makes me smile
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Limit Break is a skill so you can play anytime. Best to upgrade it though so you can keep playing it.

Nice one, I’ve only beat the Heart once, I really must go back at some point.
  • What the shit is going on with this game.  It seems OK.
  • I’m struggling to get a good run with the stealthy poison lady. Always seen to get smashed on act 3, think I’m too reliant the iron class regen at the end of each combat.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    What the shit is going on with this game.  It seems OK.

It’s the sort of game you with play for <3 hours or >300. Few people seem to manage anything in between

• I have no idea how you quantify hearts unless you're actively collecting them from people and timing how long between murders.
  • I’m struggling to get a good run with the stealthy poison lady. Always seen to get smashed on act 3, think I’m too reliant the iron class regen at the end of each combat.

Protip, upgrading her starting 0 cost starter card that weakens the enemy is pretty big for helping her endurance.

• Unlikely wrote:
    What the shit is going on with this game.  It seems OK.

This is the path and it's nearly always the same. You play it and it seems fun. You chip away at it but it's tough. After a week or so you have "the moment" and play it more or less straight for 600 hours.

n0face was saying how he sort of liked it but didn't see what the fuss was about. That was only about a month ago. Now he's putting in silly hours. Just checked and he's playing it now.
  • Fuck me I've put in 811 hrs on the Steam version.
  • Best tip I saw for Silent is that she's very front loaded. So There's a bunch of cards/relics etc that do first turn bonus and it's worth loading up if the drops dictate it. (Backstab, for instance, I'll take them most of the time, even if I can get multiple. With extra cards on first turn plus another couple of first turn bonuses you can build to do most of your work first turn. 

And as mentioned, that zero cost that adds vulnerable is a big one. vul can be almost as good as strength if you can keep it going for majority of fight.
  • I'm way better at silent than anyone else.
  • Lol, shows how long it's been since I played silent. That free card deals weak. Had a run with silent to remind me. Did well. Got greedy though. Middle of second area, took on too many curses trying to make a vendor. Died with 700+ bucks.
  • Backstab (First up zero cost damage) is fantastic especially if you get the marbles (vulnerable at start)

It goes wrong against most of the bosses though.
  • It’s not a bad card for act 1. The earlier you get it the better. Doubt I would take it from act 2 onwards unless I had some good relic synergy going
  • Roujin wrote:
    I’m struggling to get a good run with the stealthy poison lady. Always seen to get smashed on act 3, think I’m too reliant the iron class regen at the end of each combat.

Protip, upgrading her starting 0 cost starter card that weakens the enemy is pretty big for helping her endurance.

I can’t think of many opportunities where this isn’t the first card I upgrade

• Taking kids for haircuts. Gonna be bored sitting and waiting for them. Think I’ll double dip and get this on iOS...
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!