Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • With Silent there's often a surplus of energy later on.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Did they add more relics with updates? I swear I’ve played over 100 hours and just came across one that I hadn’t before. Or maybe I’m forgetting and never picked it before.

Forget the name, it’s the one where you get +2 Str and enemies get +1 at start of each turn. Combined with Corruption and a few str based cards (heavy smash and other str skill cards), I seem to be getting by just taking some damage and then smashing the fuck outta enemies on later turns.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep that felt new to me, but think it’s been out quite a while. Tried it once with Watcher, haven’t taken it since. Also appear to be some slightly different potions. One where you can exhaust cards in your hand, don’t recall that before.
  • They added new stuff with the watcher.
  • Ah cool. Haven’t played in a while so wasn’t sure. There was a potion where I duplicated a card from discard like for zero energy cost for a turn. That was good!
  • Yeah, that one's good. Watcher brought some really cool relics. Double potion effectiveness can be crazy.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So had my first game on this this morning.

Got to like level 3 after the first boss where it got to hard enemies doing multiple attacks just wiped me out.

Didn't get the feeling over wanting to play all over again right away. Is it a slow burner?

Any advice or stratergy tips for a beginner or am I best learning as I play?
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Once you get the first win it gets its hooks into you.

You probably won't get the win until around the time you've unlocked everything for the one character, so I would concentrate on Ironclad first, until you're comfortable with him.

The best advice I got was from DS. On the first level hit as many elite bosses and fire places as you can. Don't bother resting at the fireplaces (until after the first end of level boss), just craft (upgrade your cards) instead.
  • That's so early days. Just play. Ask when you need.
  • Bob in 3 weeks your wife will walk out taking the kid and you won't even look up from the screen.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lol

Keep playing unlock all the stuff and then start climbing the Ascension levels.
    Spoiler:

After that if you still aren’t feeling it then I guess you just don’t have a soul ;-)
  • Wut?! You can bash at the heart?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oops sorry have spoilers. Keep forgetting you don’t know that from the off!
  • hunk wrote:
    Wut?! You can bash at the heart?

Eventually, but you'll need to unlock that option. There's plenty to do.
  • I literally just did bash that heart for the first time.
    Pretty cool.
  • :D
    Feels good right?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This weekend I’m gonna finish IC on Asc20.

So gutted last night On Asc 18 run. Went through and fucked up on 999 guy by not using corruption on the first turn. Some bad luck with Snecko and he screwed me on the last turn taking my health right down.

Went into the final boss with just 40 hp. Awakened One managed to get him down to his next form and fought him with only 1hp for three turns before my luck ran out. He was one turn away from dead.
  • What's the deal with Corruption? I've never really bothered with it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • With dead branch it's amazing.
  • If you get it go skill heavy obvs.
  • I only recently started using it. Seems great at ensuring you get to attack more and quickly, killing enemies before they can do enough damage to you. Or something. If you have anything like a relic that helps when cards are exhausted (dead branch?) then you’re onto a winner.
  • n0face wrote:
    I finally won.

Yay. Now do it with Silent and Defect so you can unlock the Heart. Or go up the asc levels with IC. The game only gets better as it gets harder.
  • Gremill wrote:
    What's the deal with Corruption? I've never really bothered with it.

It's potentially amazing. There are right and wrong times to use it, but there's a bunch of synergies for IC with exhausting cards that can make it awesome. 

Definitely nab it if you have Snecko. Because then you end up with random attack costs, 2 extra cards per deal, plus all skills costing zero. If you've done ok with your deck, you can then obviously play a lot of powerful cards in one turn.
  • And yeah, with dead branch, it's basically a win.
  • Corruption can also be good to have in a normal deck if you get in a position where you might need to accelerate to close out a fight if you haven't quite got the final card or two you need to make your deck absolutely disgusting.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve been using it without dead branch and it works great. Yes wire Snecko Eye is great but get strange spoon too and it is ridiculously good.
  • Attempted the heart for the first time and got smashed. I was using Defect on Ascension 3 and only managed about 250 damage.

I had a monster deck of 40 cards that was built around constantly channelling lightning via playing powers and from damage taken. It had worked great up to that point.
  • Boris and Rouj have it - you need big brain to get utility out of it beyond just waiting for Corruption/Dead Branch combo to come along. I have smol brain so can't really utilise it, but there are absolutely times when exhausting stuff is better than discarding, and not just when the keyword is proccing relics.
  • Yeah if you get something like that attack that increases in power with each use it’s good to shrink your deck to nothing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!