Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice Rouj! I really need to finish just IC been stuck on 18 for an age. So then I wimp out and go to lower Asc on other characters.
  • He has the no heal relic so probably that event where you choose - 999 gold, upgrade everything or play a boss?

- the pinwheel.

No heal relic is coffee dripper which he hasn’t got. He also has lesson learned which is a dope card for free upgrades though.

• Crayon is correct here. That pinwheel looking relic is the one you get from the Mind Bloom event if you pick the upgrade all cards but can no longer heal option. It's called mark of the bloom iirc. What a madlad though, that is some commitment to the strength of your deck as a watcher where if you get stuck in wrath on a bad turn you can lose a huge chunk of hp.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It usually comes one fight or two before the Final boss so you might be able to get away with it before the boss.
  • Ooooh, i learned a new fing
  • Roujin wrote:
    I forgot to mention, but the other day I finished Asc 20 with my last remaining character, Silent. 

Tbh it was a pretty epic final battle, awakened one with a deck relying on after image and footwork for defense and then slowly poisoning over time. Decided I was going to have to race AO so just played the powers and tried to hang on, ended the fight on 1hp. Blood vial pushed that up to 3hp lol for the donu deca fight. 

qmKLNiV.jpg

Kind of a cool deck, Enchiridon for a bit of randomness with a mummies hand was a nice little way to start fights with some good old fashioned rng. 

Just need to clear a heart run with Silent now and that's opretty much it for me outside of some of the deck building achievements. Gonna do it on normal difficulty though, it took nearly 50 runs to clear Asc 20 with Silent for me, no way I'm going to try and run a Asc. 20 heart kill after that.

Nice one. Enjoy the feeling of contentedness.

• Heart run at low ascension will probably be surprisingly easy after getting through a20
  • Do it on Asc 1 for the extra elites. Anything else is a nerf. I can’t do the heart because I have a peanut brain.
  • you just gotta roll that peanut brain down the pin slalom of decisions enough times
  • I did heart with Silent first time after beating the third boss with the 3 trinkets in hand.

I didnt really know what was coming but was aided by my run where I was getting a hard on over how excessive I could get poison damage, way beyond what was needed for the main run.
  • Why is Roujin so good?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Strim more!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    How’d you get every single card upgraded?!
    He has the no heal relic so probably that event where you choose - 999 gold, upgrade everything or play a boss?

- the pinwheel.

Yeah, it was an option at a? which happened towards the end of the last act. Very fortunate, although I think I was already in pretty good shape thanks to lessons learned.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Crayon is correct here. That pinwheel looking relic is the one you get from the Mind Bloom event if you pick the upgrade all cards but can no longer heal option. It's called mark of the bloom iirc. What a madlad though, that is some commitment to the strength of your deck as a watcher where if you get stuck in wrath on a bad turn you can lose a huge chunk of hp.

I think I had one? room, one monster and a bonfire left, with almost full health, so I wasn't too worried about healing. Also I was almost guaranteed an exit stance or a calm card every hand so I wasn't worried about getting stuck in wrath.

• Heart run at low ascension will probably be surprisingly easy after getting through a20

I'm struggling tbh.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Heart scares me
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Why is Roujin so good?

I watched a lot of Jorbs vids.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I think I was trying to skip too many early asc heart levels so I went back to asc1 and did it first time. Mega potion deck and no extra energy.
  • I've only played this as the default character Ironclad (?) on the default game mode. Does it change fundamentally with different characters or settings? Just cos i still feel like you lot are talking about a different game ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Tactics are very different with different characters.

And as you go through the levels different things become important or redundant etc.

And you'll stumble upon some synergy that makes you realise why a card you've ignored is awesome and the game will change again.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Most of us are talking about this game from the perspective of having spent around 100+ hours playing it in total, back before they even added the fourth character and all of her relic unlocks! I think I managed a good 40 odd hours before they even put out The Defect. You could play it until you died and still never master it.
  • One thing that’s also worth exploring is that some of the old relics got changed to. For example the mouse one also gives a discount now.
  • It's always given a discount. (well, I can't recall a time it didn't, maybe in ea?)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I've only played this as the default character Ironclad (?) on the default game mode. Does it change fundamentally with different characters or settings? Just cos i still feel like you lot are talking about a different game ;)

You have a different deck and only the colourless cards (each char has a colour) are the same. Every char is way different.
  • I am way behind most here but my advice if new would be to have a dabble in all 4 characters and see if one floats your boat more than the others.
    The third and fourth characters are more complex than the first two.
    I guess Silent is slightly more complex than IC but not significantly and more in the realms of what you may have experienced before.

Personally I play and have played as Silent significantly more than any other character.
  • Cheers. I think i unlocked a second character so will give that a go next.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • She's the best.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just quietly confidently took out the Heart on Asc 1 with IC. 

You have that initial moment when you crap yourself as he throws all sorts at you, but digging in with barricade, impervious and shrug it off helps massively.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    She's the best.

I prefer Watcher

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!