Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • It will happen the other way too where your 2/3 value cards become zero or one. If you have only ones and zeroes it will only go up (on average)
  • Basically, snecko is overt playing the percentages.

Analytics guys love snecko like they like 3 pointers.

The extra card draw + chance to get 2 and 3 cost cards for 0 or 1 means that on average, you're better off in the long run.

The way to swing it well in your favour is with other relics and cards that mess with card cost or energy and chances.

Corruption is a big obvious one with ic. (all skills cost zero and exhaust.)

(the necro event in act 2 can throw up 2 options which are massive with snecko too. First 2 cost attacks get played twice or free random power card at start of battle)

With watcher and defect there's power cards that give you massive energy bonuses.

In fact, both of those have cards that cost 4 or 5,and if you get them off while playing other cards, you'll be able to pummel folks.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The necronomicon is so good.
  • I admit it's very rare I take Snecko but alongside Face's advice think about relics that do block - Orichalcum, and the Boat Trio are four great relics because they give you some guaranteed block which means that you can ignore the fact Defend is now 3 mana. Also consider that you'll not need to smith as much at rest sites because the chance of your already powerful cards going off is higher and you can treat your health more like a resource than you usually would.

I feel like i need to try a Snecko run on watcher cos her prohibitive cost cards are already more attractive because of things like the Retain mechanic and Establishment.
  • I've given Snecko a couple of tries but the timing has been wrong I think.
    First time it just didn't suit what I had already picked up.
    Second time I started with it replacing my starting relic. That was a total disaster lol.

It seems like a key part on top of picking up high cost cards is to clear out low cost ones as well. Or increase draw.
  • I don't take snecko much either. I think it's because I play so much Silent where card cost is smaller and that behaviour bias carries over to IC.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yeah, Silent definitely weakest on balance with Snek. Although there's a few power cards which would be nice.

I nearly want to say a power card heavy defect run is best for snec.
  • Furious with myself, had a perfect early set up with Watcher - Through Violence, Gremlin Horn, Dead Branch - fucked up by not drinking a potion which left Gremlin Nob at like 2 HP so he did something stupid like 40 damage to me, and I couldn't limp through the rest of the run.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Yeah, Silent definitely weakest on balance with Snek. Although there's a few power cards which would be nice. I nearly want to say a power card heavy defect run is best for snec.

Defect is kind of tricky. The game-changing power cards are really expensive but like Silent, there are so many cards that are cheap and upgradeable to zero.
  • seems we have this snecko discussion every other page
  • Is it any good?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FINALLY beat it with The Watcher. 
    I didn't do it with any great synergy of her powers, but I did manage to get a lot of retained blocking cards AND the Deva Form plus Brilliance and a lot of plus mantra. 
    So in the end I'd have massive amounts of energy, big hitting cards and a tonne of block. 
    I think I kinda lucked out with the cards offered.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Snecko was offered and IGNORED.
  • That's pretty good synergy of retain and using mantra Tbh.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The daily climb is ridiculously good fun today.
  • Facewon wrote:
    That's pretty good synergy of retain and using mantra Tbh.
    I guess so but I suppose I feel a bit naff because it was kinda using the Ironclad default method of big block and big hitz. And none of her state switching at all, I can't seem to get that to work for me I always find myself in the wrong state at the worst possible time.
  • The daily climb is ridiculously good fun today.

Might give it a go. It's one thing I rarely do.
  • Soooo many relics!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    That's pretty good synergy of retain and using mantra Tbh.
    I guess so but I suppose I feel a bit naff because it was kinda using the Ironclad default method of big block and big hitz. And none of her state switching at all, I can't seem to get that to work for me I always find myself in the wrong state at the worst possible time.

That's the fun of the build!

(The answer is to get cards that allow you to choose when things happen, those retained ones that get you in calm or rage are the obvious answer, but the attack and defend ones that do it in different ways are more fun. Combo them with Flurry of blows for some lol fun)
  • Almost best DecaDonu on first turn. Corruption with Dead Branch is OP. I was kinda still having to work at it due to pretty big deck (35 cards) so in some battles it took a few turns for Corruption to arrive and then it was game over for the enemy. But I managed to get it on first turn on the boss. Combined with some second wind and double taps and body slam, did some huge damage on first turn. 

Also almost managed to kill that 999 guy before he exploded.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The daily climb is ridiculously good fun today.
    Might give it a go. It's one thing I rarely do.

Same, but that was fun. Got courier which was just silly.
  • The daily climb is ridiculously good fun today.

Yeah, it was stupid time. I bought 6 relics at one point and finished with Max HP of 150. Managed to kill the floating reaper elite on act 3 in two cards!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I only managed a score of about 980. How do you improve your scores on the daily climbs?
  • Do as many elites as possible, take no damage on bosses. Seems to be the best way to boost scores, easier said than done. I think I got about 1100 on yesterday’s relic fest.
  • I’ve been gonna look up the scoring for a while as I’m usually about 1000. There’s a lot more to it:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1479783422
  • Cleared Asc 3 and 4 on the Watcher today, one of them was an absurd Blasphemy run where I had to get the calculator out a handful of times to work out the maths that my slow brain couldn't. I am glad I did that, cos later on I had a very similar deck, but forgot how my Pen Nib worked, and thus didn't play cards whilst storing up for my Blasphemy, and left the Champ at like... 10 health before kicking the bucket.
  • Pen nib is one of those relics that can make a huge difference if you're keeping an eye on it. It usually involves not playing attacks when it's due and looking at probabilities of drawing cards the next turn. It's very similar to poker but can get exhausting, so I tend to just have an idea of the general stats rather than taking it too far. Especially if I play to wind down from poker.
  • I haven't used Blasphemy yet. On the surface it looks like a card no sane person would pick.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Triple Damage, plus 3 Energy (plus two for coming out of calm) plus fasting, plus retain cards = 3-400 damage turns
  • Did a quick Asc5 Watcher run there before getting ready for bed, beat it, so that's 4 and 5 cleared in a row. Sitting at 6 with everyone, nice!

It was super Retain heavy cos that seems to be her most powerful archetype. I used a Divinity potion against Time Eater and then tripped into Divinity the next turn. He was not happy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!