Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Our old cats avoided Elliot like the plague until he was about 5. Especially when he started walking.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Reg have you ordered a tommee tippee perfect prep machine? Its an absolute must. Even if missus will breast feed (she'll need a break and some woman find breast feeding too painful). Perfect temp milk bottle for baby within 2 mins. We still use ours now as son like a bottle of milk during the middle of the night.

We also had a baby wish list on amazon. Saved on alot of tat. Personally our other key item was a baby camera. Thats still used now, by the bedside. Useful if son is makimg noises just to grab the mini tablet and see what hes up to.

Yes, was recommended elsewhere we are on it!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Animals instinctively know what a baby is but one should never leave an animal alone with a small child. They're - animals - and just can't be 100% predicted.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you practice a little with the times you can make a perfect bottle in the microwave. Takes a minute, saves space and money.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    If you practice a little with the times you can make a perfect bottle in the microwave. Takes a minute, saves space and money.

Make double sure to stir - microwaving can create superheated pockets in the liquid.....
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    yeah, of course.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora is currently culling books. I'm leaving her to it. She's a librarian and its quite tough up there.
  • Kow wrote:

Tommee tippee perfect prep, everytime. Life saver for sleep deprived parents. We take the machine to mother in laws if wife stays over.
  • We just bought some delicious warm cows and used those until the kids were big enough to reach the hob.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Our old cats avoided Elliot like the plague until he was about 5. Especially when he started walking.

Our very scratchy cat did teh same, avoided both babies at all costs, wouldn't even be in the same room. When they started moving and get near and want to grab I feared she would get claws out, but nope. She would still scratch the shit out of me and my wife but never the kids. Weird.

Saying that my parents cat bit my head when I was about 1ish and I still have a big scar on on the top back of my head I think.

Reg, you will be completely and utterly fine, worst you'll be is tired and maybe a bit grumpy at times :)
  • We just bought some delicious warm cows and used those until the kids were big enough to reach the hob.

Did you wear leather gloves to make the milking more ejoyable for your cows?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    So.

Ten weeks to go.

I can feel little kicks regularly.

Reg is Arnie, I fucking knew it

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:

Just don't accidentally use the combi grill setting by mistake. It doesn't smell great (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything).
  • Reg is Arnie, I fucking knew it

Glad I’m not the only one who thought that.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wait wait, this can't happen yet

Surely the next gen doesn't start until Kaz says it does
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Is reg gonna have his own next gen thread?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Not posting this in any other thread because I don't want to be dealing with any fucking blowback r.e. console bias or anything, but I'm packing up the Xbox One this weekend and putting it in storage / to be sold.

We are still crying out for space and if I do that I will move PS4 stuff downstairs. only reason I'm doing that is the support for pc gaming from MS is so strong that I don't think I'll need their console, tbqh, so it's a positive (hello halo 2 on pc) and it will clear the games room.

But it is feeling odd in how we are scrunching parts of our lives - flora has got rid of two shelves of books so far - to fit this new person. I hope they're cool.
  • Exciting times H.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, if it helps the N64 and GameCube are now boxed and away and they were my fundamental shit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora is worried about this return to work for teachers I June as, because she is now in 3rd trimester, she is officially in the shielding category. Given what I've heard from school I don't think I will be going in which is on the one hand reassuring but on the other fuck man I miss my wee office.
  • RE: clearing stuff out, I remember doing the same. Over time I've found a way to nicely fit some stuff back in, new shelves etc. but there's a lot still up in the loft.

To be fair, and not that this applies to everyone, but I played a lot less once the baby arrived as it's hard to do anything that needs attention, especially online or something you cant' pause (fuck you dark souls 3 I will finish you one day). 

When a bit knackered I'd rather just switch on something I know whilst they sleep on me. Peep show, simpsons, frasier... nothing that requires much thought bascially.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We already know that there will be no big assassin's creed sessions or the like when baby comes, but I do have shit like "let's Tap" downstairs because who knows, we might get 5 minutes.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Won't surprise anyone but I too would prioritise baby over Xbox One. I hear there's a certain tiny stereoscopic handheld that could be useful for quick 5 minute sessions...
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • To be fair if you’re lucky you get a lot of time in the day sometimes as they can nap a lot, some people get loads of time to play games and stuff. I just chose to nap/watch the same stuff instead as I need to be ‘in the mood’ to play a game most of the time. At some point I played a lot of mindless offline destiny if I recall...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    A guy at work bought a Switch specifically to play post-baby and I was expecting him to be like "Whoops that was silly!" but actually he ended up playing it a lot??
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Here’s what you need for baby care sessions: iPad+FTL.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah I suspect I'm playing FUCK ALL or I'm playing THE SLEEPING GAME
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Won't surprise anyone but I too would prioritise baby over Xbox One. I hear there's a certain tiny stereoscopic handheld that could be useful for quick 5 minute sessions...

Funny, found this in my photo archive...

IMG-2626.jpg
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Yeah I suspect I'm playing FUCK ALL or I'm playing THE SLEEPING GAME

I managed to play lots of 3DS when the boys were babies. Lots of great gaming whilst they slept next to me or on my chest
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I love consoles but PC is becoming the Daddy again. Steam has helped an awful lot with that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!