regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora asked the sex of the baby today so now she knows. She doesn't want anyone to know she knows but she does know, yknow.
  • Does that mean you know?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Littl'un hasn't decided yet
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly wrote:
    We already know that there will be no big assassin's creed sessions or the like when baby comes, but I do have shit like "let's Tap" downstairs because who knows, we might get 5 minutes.

You might be surprised.  When my eldest was a baby she would happily sit in a bean bag and watch me play Mario Sunshine for hours - to the point that it was my go to activity if she needed soothing late at night.  (On the flipside, she's now the daughter with absolutely no interest in videogames, so maybe I overdid it...)
  • I did more gaming during the wee hours rocking the boy to sleep with my foot then I'd done in ages. The 3ds is your friend. I could never manage tv gaming like that but I'm sure it could've worked if I'd planned it better.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Our consultant let it slip by mistake after a scan with our first.

He said "that's a big healthy girl in there". We both heard it but ignored it.

In the car going home I brought it up - "Did he say what I thought he said?"

"Yup" said Wifey, and burst out laughing. We didn't mention it again. We still weren't 100% sure if it was significant. But we had a girl alright. But it was still a surprise.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Reg have you ordered a tommee tippee perfect prep machine? Its an absolute must. Even if missus will breast feed (she'll need a break and some woman find breast feeding too painful). Perfect temp milk bottle for baby within 2 mins. We still use ours now as son like a bottle of milk during the middle of the night. We also had a baby wish list on amazon. Saved on alot of tat. Personally our other key item was a baby camera. Thats still used now, by the bedside. Useful if son is makimg noises just to grab the mini tablet and see what hes up to.
    Yes, was recommended elsewhere we are on it!
    I third that. My brother and BIL swear by it. I was fortunate enough to get it at over half price on amazon lately. The steriliser is great too apparently.

Fuck yeah the cost of these babies....I had forgotten. The bloody buggy "system" was close to a grand. Uuggh when I think of the kind of PC I could have built for that....But yeah I had set up some amazon price alerts for stuff and Im grabbing what I can during sales. In a super cheapskate move Ive ordered an IP camera from AliExpress that has baby crying audio monitoring, motion detection, 2 way audio etc for 35euro. It will notify our phones, tablet and I can link on my Echo Show 8 (again bought at launch on a massive discount). Id really prefer not to spend 150euro on a baby monitor. I can repurpose the IP camera later on anyhoo.

After 2 girls we are having a boy and Im shitting it! Girls are no bother, love em. But boys.....I dunno I just think Ill find it strange!

I got some great gametime with my first, we had a leather recliner, so Id have her nestled in my arm and could easily play the 360. Those were the days!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    So I've not mentioned it before, because as some of you will know we've had some difficulties in the past and we didn't want to get ahead of ourselves this time, but we're expecting a baby boy in early August.

It's been a pretty stressful time for Sarah, due to one thing and another but we're nearly there. Excited and bricking it in equal measures. I just hope the hospital situation is sorted (in terms of berthing partners) when the time comes, but also child care for my daughter (can she stay at her grandparents?). I'm digging out all the baby stuff next week to see what needs replacing, but I'm hopeful we've got most things we need.
  • That's awesome news mate! :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Congrats Goobs.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Top shagger
  • Heh, congrats!!
  • Congratulations! Yes I've been doing the same in the loft because my SIL is now pregnant (still early days). I think we have given most of it away over the years though. Would love to chuck all the broken moses baskets and cots and stuff away though... need to do a proper clean out up there.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I've not mentioned it before, because as some of you will know we've had some difficulties in the past and we didn't want to get ahead of ourselves this time, but we're expecting a baby boy in early August.

It's been a pretty stressful time for Sarah, due to one thing and another but we're nearly there. Excited and bricking it in equal measures. I just hope the hospital situation is sorted (in terms of berthing partners) when the time comes, but also child care for my daughter (can she stay at her grandparents?). I'm digging out all the baby stuff next week to see what needs replacing, but I'm hopeful we've got most things we need.

Congratulations! Excited and bricking it is also the mood here so that's fair enough and you're the experienced one!
  • This is wonderful news. Bravo!
  • GooberTheDad! Congrats!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wowsers, cracking work Goobs (and Sarah of course)
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cheers everyone, it feels a bit strange announcing it so late but I figured I'd better get it done before the little fella actually arrives.
  • Huge congratulations to you and Sarah, your daughter will love having a younger sibling (at least for some parts of it!).
  • Wayhay!!! Now that's some good news! Congrats to you all!! :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nice one Goobs!
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Congrats Goobs!
  • Congroobs!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Goobs! Awesome news mate, congratulations!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Congrats, great news :)

Our little fella is 7 months already... I feel like I somehow hit a fast forward button about 8 years ago and life is just zooming by.
  • Herself is having a c section, 7th September. Gulp!!!!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Herself is having a c section, 7th September. Gulp!!!!

Gosh. I know they are amazingly reliable now, but also that news must be setting all sorts of stuff in you. At least know it is incredibly safe. We don't know what's happening. Flora packed her hospital bag today and has her last midwife appt tomorrow before the 40 weeker.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    We had an emergency section Ninja, like Reg says they're super safe and efficient these days so I wouldn't worry about it man. It's actually really common now as well, especially if they think the baby will be large or over 10lbs.

Congrats as well :)

And best of luck Reginton, to you and Flora :) Super exciting times ahead!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!