Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Aye but he's not done anything but shit himself yet.

He's already ascended to my level then, fast developer you've got there
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cillian is a great name.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have you considered Cillian Muzzy?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Have you considered Cillian Muzzy?

Fooohhhhhhhhhh
  • Huge congratulations, Reg! Glad to hear everyone is doing fine.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • When does cillian get enough XP to go to level 2?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So last night was really tough. Really fucking tough. Neither of us got more than 2 hours overall, and Cillian wasn't for sleeping in the cot, he would only sleep on one of us when he had fed. That meant we were doing shifts throughout the night.

Hes now sleeping in the cot, and the midwife has been round and checked him over - all good.

Today he did a shit the size of which I'm not even sure I could do on a good day, and then tried to piss on me as I was changing him. This was following a big yellow blob of vomit when I picked him up. Loves his dad i guess.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    YES MATE
  • We had this with our first 2, When we had our 3rd (and bloody final) kid, we cottoned onto the idea that all weans are lactose intolerant and managed to get a prescription for lactose free formulae from the doctor.
    He fed and slept great after that and saved us a small fortune too.

• regmcfly wrote:
    So last night was really tough. Really fucking tough. Neither of us got more than 2 hours overall, and Cillian wasn't for sleeping in the cot, he would only sleep on one of us when he had fed. That meant we were doing shifts throughout the night.

It sucks and unfortunately even if you're lucky this is likely to be the pattern for at least a few weeks (we were not - it lasted six months until CMPA was identified so as Boolitt suggests, bear in mind she may be allergic to Flora's milk if she's not dairy-free). 

I remember getting quite hacked off at the number of people telling me that it would get get better and it was just a phase and all babies are like this.  I never had any problem believing things would get better.  What pissed me off was that this seemed to mean the fact that things were, as you say, really fucking tough at that time was irrelevant.  Hang in there, Reg.
  • Also she once shat on a lamp from three feet away which was quite something to behold.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hang tough is all one can say. Sleep was the prime topic of conversation for quite a while as far as I can remember.
  • The first days and weeks are really fucking hard. Our first week was really tough feeding wise for my partner. Baby not latching. Mother getting very upset. Dad not knowing what the fuck to do and barely conscious. She ended up going to a breastfeeding support group in a Tesco cafe and it really helped in the end. I couldn't praise them enough.

My cousin who has a newborn had a similar situation to you Reg in that at first she refused to sleep anywhere but on them. Got better after a few weeks I believe.
  • It takes 3 months for a newborn baby's circadian rhythm to kick in so they can differenciate between night and day. Those first few weeks are tough. The skin on skin contact is really important for a new born baby as its your own breathing that helps regulate his/hers and your pheromones are how it identifies you.

The 15mins of winding after a feed used to drive me nuts especially when i was half asleep and desperately trying not to nod off with a newborn baby in my arms.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, we have been trying to do as much skin to skin as possible. Today has been better, hes sleeping now and so is flora. Can't get over the size of that shit tho.
  • But did it hit a lamp?  We need baby Top Trumps.
  • My first attempt at skin to skin and the baby went straight for my nipple to feed. Yup, need to lose a bit of weight.
  • First film we watched after getting home (the same afternoon I think) was World War Z.  It featured zombies mashing their heads against car windscreens in an attempt to get at the people inside while at the same time E was rooting against my wife's chest, so that attempt to find the breast forever after become known as "zombie headbutts". 

We should really be in the kids... thread now btw.
  • Just caught up on this. Congrats reg! My daughter barely slept in her cot for this first six months and would always need to be on someone to drift off. You get so tired you can’t think.
  • There’s a special shit they do in the first few days. Merconium or something. Maybe it was that.
  • My ‘favourite’ shit she did was an arc of liquid poo ejected when I was changing her on the table. Somehow I dodged it and it splattered the armchair on the other side of the room.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    First film we watched after getting home (the same afternoon I think) was World War Z.  It featured zombies mashing their heads against car windscreens in an attempt to get at the people inside while at the same time E was rooting against my wife's chest, so that attempt to find the breast forever after become known as "zombie headbutts". 

We should really be in the kids... thread now btw.

Isla had the roundest little bald head, looked a bit like a pea, so we called the rooting "the FranticPea".
  • We did the same thing when E got agitated. Frantic, you have touched our children.
  • Massive congrats Reg.  Enjoy it. My son is now 6 and I dread thinking back about how tough it was in those first few weeks (we aren't having another but we would be soooo much wiser now!), but its also a fantastic experience like no other.
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    The 15mins of winding after a feed used to drive me nuts especially when i was half asleep and desperately trying not to nod off with a newborn baby in my arms.

OMG this.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    But did it hit a lamp?  We need baby Top Trumps.

We got shit on the ceiling once.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My father summed it up with admirable clarity and economy. Of course he had the added bonus of terry towelling nappies.

Shite Galore.
  • This thread should be locked now. Reg has to join the main thread.

He's one of us.

One of us.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    But did it hit a lamp?  We need baby Top Trumps.
    We got shit on the ceiling once.

Helping is cheating.
  • Congratulations reg and your wife for your new baby!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Will echo my sentiments from FB - congrats to you both. He is a handsome little man. Enjoy your new son, it's a wild ride :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!