The Outer Worlds - a proper Obsidian RPG.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Since when is reg Mr obsidian. That's me or cinty, not tucking reg. Reg is a nintard. He likes that fairy shit
    You ain't OG unless you go back to Black Isle.

Yeah you got fuckin a wrong end of the stick. Me and cinty been DM Ing all sorts of sick shit.

What the fuck is black isle.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • The best developer that ever was or ever will be.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Finding some decisions really tough in this, in a good way. There is definitely replayability here.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Got it on PC for €1 under GamePass. I mean why wouldn't you. Seems okay so far, gun-play is definitely s step up from Fallout games.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've restarted a few times to try different builds, checking what early game perks that might give you a leg up. And its as simple as this: melee is OP as fuck! Spec Strength and One-Handed and sell all those bullets you were gonna empty into that Marauders chest cavity. Two quick slashes is killing everything so far! It also distracts from how clunky the FPS system is.  default_wink.png

I really like what i've played so far. Its Fallout of course. But the dialogue (all wit, all humour) is pure Obsidian which makes it so much more enjoyable. And as garish as the colour palette is, its nice to not be surrounded by miles & miles of irradiated wasteland.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    RPS expressed concerns over the map sizes and the fact that there's not much to explore.  I wish people would stop saying that this is Fallout - it's not open world.

But I'm glad you're enjoying it!  Will be giving it a whirl later.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Posted to their Facebook page about the text size. Looks like a lot of people have the same issue. Must have led on pc or something.
  • No just you Kow. There's a 5 page thread about that on resetera.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Lots of people need to buy bigger TVs.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Or sit closer.

You were all told wanking makes you go blind !!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I think a 38 inch tv is reasonable enough, at least to be able to read some fucking text.
  • Kow wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

I think a 38 inch tv is reasonable enough, at least to be able to read some fucking text.

I don’t have a problem with the text on this but remember Witcher 3 was bad at release
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    38 inches? What is this, the 1950s?
  • Yes!! Exactly this! Why is text so damn small? It can’t be difficult to include an option to increase text/font size?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You'd be surprised how much that would fuck up a layout if the text was scalable. They'd have to consider varying scales from the get-go. A little like responsive web design I guess.

That said, yeah, the text is way too fucking small.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Text size seems fine to me, on PC at least.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Put me into the squinty camp. I almost took a screenshot of the difficulty screen as it had a text box taking up two thirds of the screen yet the actual text only took up about 5% of the box. It looked really odd and felt like they were trying to get away with the smallest text possible even though it doesn't benefit anyone as the box still obscured most of the screen.

I got up to a settlement, had a chat with a few locals then ventured beyond. It's a little too Fallout for me, everywhere seems to be deserted and post apocalyptic when it isn't supposed to be. Maybe that's just how familiar I am with the Fallout games and the feeling will go the more I play.

I've enjoyed what I've played so far though, like Haak said, the gunplay is much better than Fallout and as such I'm enjoying using the bullet time mechanic to pop heads more than VATS at the minute. The quests seem to be much more shades of grey too, I can't decide what's right or wrong within thirty seconds of being made aware of an issue, I have to dig deeper if I want to get to the bottom of what's going on, which is great. Also, it allows me to play as an unremarkable electrician, so it GOTY material based solely on that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm role playing an old black dude who is very good with guns, lies and robbery
  • I’m gonna try and play a charming idiot who solves everything by punching it but for some reason is still very likeable.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I’m thinking low intelligence, high charm, high strength.
  • Looking forward to my typical sneaky sniper hacker build.
  • I usually go sneaky sneaky with my RPG build but this time I quite like the idea of an idiot who stumbles through the front door and alerts everyone before punching his way out.
  • I'm role playing an old black dude who is very good with guns, lies and robbery
    'role playing'
  • I'll be playing as a monstrous looking smooth talker, obviously.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Goddam it I got to a point where I had to get flora in to help me make a decision. This game is incredible.
  • I really struggled with the first major decision on the main quest line.
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I didn't. Had a bad feeling about
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So that was the decision I got flora to help me with
  • @Pea
    Yeah but the alternative
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!