The Outer Worlds - a proper Obsidian RPG.
  • My wife isn’t feeling great and said she’s planning on going to bed early. Winner! I have a night free to play this after I put the kids to bed!

(I should add she’s fine, just didn’t sleep well last night and is full of cold)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My decision (page before) was to
    Spoiler:
    . Returning to the other place was a guilt trip and a half.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    OMG Wookie poisoned his wife to play Outer Worlds.

Tbf I chose that path too.
  • The dialogue and written logs are so good. I love reading what total shits these companies are.

My favourite NPC so far appears in the second location once you get off the first planet.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Just downloaded this and going to jump in. My gamepass had lapsed so got the £1 ultimate deal with 6 months of Spotify, awesome. Hope it’s good, know next to nothing about it apart from the developer and that it’s semi-open-world-spacey-fallout-new-Vegas.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I’m having a fun time with this except for fighting anyone.
  • This is great, exactly what I thought it would be. Obsidian are like Bethesda without a lobotomy. Their sense of humour is awesome. One of the early item descriptions for a sprat hide ‘did you know sprats are found on every human colony world! did you care?’ Little things like that elevate the game, this is already better than Fallout 4

My only negatives so far are sprint being mapped to left stick click (urgh, fixed by remapping to paddle) and that I couldn’t pick the mushrooms in the opening area. 

Seems a solid game so far
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can't throw things around like you could in Fallout. I enjoyed throwing people's severed heads about the place.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The conversation trees in this game are brilliant - one minute i'm about to cave that NPC's head-in with my Plasma Hammer - two answer choices later and i'm sympathising with their plight.
  • Ok this is bloody excellent!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    My decision (page before) was to
    Spoiler:
    . Returning to the other place was a guilt trip and a half.

Ah see I did the opposite!
    Spoiler:
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    In case you missed it, like i did, you can evade in this game! Double-tap A and L/R/back on the LS.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    With the PC Xbox pass this has to be downloaded to the C drive. Why is that?

I get a choice...
  • I created the gentleman below, then deleted his picture through fear... sorry, all.
  • Enjoying what I've played so far. Definitely the kind of game that leaves me wishing I actually had the time to invest.
  • I’m really enjoying being a total selfish smarmy prick in this.
    Last night I
    Spoiler:
  • Can't help but feel that if Microsoft pile in the money - and help on the tech & optimisation side - we're likely to see some absolutely top tier RPGs on the Xbox and PC in a few years.

Obsidian really are a class outfit. With their future looking bright, BG3 on the way, and all these other isometric RPGs left for me to play, the future really is d20 shaped in all the best ways.
  • @PaultheSparky. I thought you choose 'Electrician' for your character aptitude, not 'Child Catcher'?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can't help but feel that if Microsoft pile in the money - and help on the tech & optimisation side - we're likely to see some absolutely top tier RPGs on the Xbox and PC in a few years.

Obsidian really are a class outfit. With their future looking bright, BG3 on the way, and all these other isometric RPGs left for me to play, the future really is d20 shaped in all the best ways.

I think you're exactly right. Imagine obsidian being left alone with the fable license.
  • Fuck.

You're right. I'd never thought about that but they could work wonders with that IP.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The tree will finally yield acorns
  • Monyleux's Seven Acorns of Persuasion + 5.

Boon: You can convince people of the impossible.

Detriment: You will become reviled.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @PaultheSparky. I thought you choose 'Electrician' for your character aptitude, not 'Child Catcher'?

Heh, he's not mine, you can thank Trippy for that abomination.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm not as enamored by it as most of you are. The writing is great and I'm loving the options it's giving me but the world building is lacking. Still have the knockoff Fallout feels from it, the fake doors on fake buildings you can't enter and the similarities in the settlements means I'm not sure if I've been there before. You have all the Fallout staples but this isn't a post apocalyptic world, it's supposed to be a new frontier, so they don't make sense to me here.
  • Yep the script is great but the technical limitations strip it bare.  Having to make a 'tough choice' over which township to save is totally undermined by having only a couple of npcs wandering around. There's no life on this planet.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I dunno, it's like the old West towns. About as many people as you'd see in a Clint Eastwood movie.
  • I'm in the middle on this. I didn't expect and don't think it needs to be as bustling as something like the Assasins Creed games.
    On the other hand certain locations have been somewhat lacking in people. The Cannery production line stands out, when I went in there I saw the NPC I needed to speak to and a guard, that place should have been rammed.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Why isnt it bringing anything new to the table? I thought every single game needed an aspect of evolution or is that just Rage and Borderlands all the kappas
  • It is bringing something new to the table. Well written NPCs with some tasty dialogue in what is essentially a shooter. Lords knows Blands3 could have done with some of that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!