The Outer Worlds - a proper Obsidian RPG.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Parvati helped sway me a bit. But also
    Spoiler:

I don't think the company really gave that much of a shit what was happening
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Ah. I think getting off the first planet is me done with the game. The resolution of it just felt so fucking neat so as to render anything you do meaningless.
  • I'm too busy shootin' Space Apes to worry about making tough moral choices.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Enjoying this much more now that I've upped the ante to Hard.  Unlocked the Leadership skill too so that I can instruct my companions to execute their special attacks. I know in the build up to release everyone was worried about the possibility of constant cutaway scenes everytime one of your companions scored a crit hit (because earlier gameplay trailers certainly made it look that way) . But this special attack by command only system seems to work really well.  One minor gripe is that some of the melee characters tend to teleport instantly to their target rather than taking a run-up, but otherwise it's a well executed mechanic.

Favourite enemy type so far has to be those robots that do a rocket boost air jump to close their distance to you. Brrrrrrr. 

Just paid off an npc a stupid amount of space credits so I can have a nav pass to another planet.  But decided to take a scenic detour to an asteroid to track down a missing trader first. Really wish there was a vanity cam so you can inspect your characters appearance in 3rd person.  The armour designs have this wonderful retro futurism thing going on, but you barely get to see them, except during an idle state cam that activates if you've been stationary for too long.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Leave the controls alone for a minute and you get a 3rd person view of your character.
  • At fuengirola, you can just talk to the first Moroccan guy you see, no need to go to a counter
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Where is the damn black market vendor on Groundbreaker?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If its a side quest check your journal and select the appropriate entry. You'll get the green mission marker to take you where you need to go.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It doesn't appear as a green marker. There are some quests that don't.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I need to get back into this . I've done the too many games thing again for like the 8th year in a row.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Gladys?

Doesn't fulfill the mission objective. Says to check out the black market trader on Groundbreaker but I've already bought everything Gladys had.

• Have you bought the thing that costs 10k?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No, can't afford it. That's why I'm trying to clear up a few other missions to get cash.
  • I think you can ignore her until you have enough to buy that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Was nearly there and accidentally spent 2 grand. Thought I was selling, not buying. Fuck sake.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I might be the hard setting, but I'm constantly out of ammo.
  • I'm playing on normal but there was a definite hump around that point in the game where my guns were shit so it was taking silly amounts of ammo.
    On Roseway I found a few decent guns which helped. I did most of Monarch last night and I'm an absolute beast now, taking down Mantiqueens for fun.
  • Things have definitely gone up a notch since arriving at Monarch.  Took the Priest with me to visit the Iconoclasts and he got into a philosophical argument with their leader!   By far my favourite traveling companion, Vicar Max does some wonderful straight talking with his shotgun too.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The mind control science gun is incredible for taking down animals. The mega mantiqueen thing didn't stand a chance.
  • I tidied up all the side quests before going to Monarch. As soon as I hit the Monarch towns, I got missions galore! Hadn't a clue what to do first. And the missions aren't just fetch-this-got-it-thanks, they're all a bit more interesting and like there's more effort put into it.

This game really is what I wanted Fallout 4 to feel like. But I miss being able to pick up dead people and arranging them in nice neat piles.

Inventory and team management could do with a bit more work as well.
  • Have y'all been 'tinkering' with your weapons? I'm on normal and have had no issues with enemies.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm finding this... ok? Just?

Some of the writing is alright, but it's clunky as fuck, and qol is low (trying to work it the optimal weapons/armor etc), and I'm not sure it's actually that fun. Early days though...

I also get annoyed when it's night time but the parallel face of the planet you can see is in sunlight. THIS MAKES NO SENSE!
  • Technically, those giant space Preying Mantis's you fight shouldn't be able to stand up, but IT DON'T KEEP ME AWAKE AT NIGHT.
  • Just mopped up the last of the side quests on Monarch so have decided to blast off this rock and venture into the heart of the evil corporate empire, like what the nice scientist bloke told me to.

Was a bit disappointed that there didn't appear to be anyway to
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Text size patch incoming tomorrow, I believe. About fucking time.
  • lol
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • lol

See. I could patch it in about 3 seconds. What took them so long. Typical lazy devs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!