Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hmm, dunno. How good is it? 

In the world of immense F2P games, does it have legs?

I was joshing. It's throwaway fun, absolute mental chaos. So far anyway. Quite satisfying when you have a good game and are smashing fools out the arena left right and centre. I have absolutely no idea if it has legs.

Imagine Power Stone with rockets, and you're kind of there. Ish.
  • Imagine Power Stone with rockets, and you're kind of there. Ish.

Don’t mention Power Stone when Gav’s around. But that’s piqued my interest as well

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • This is a bit dry but probably tells a lot more about next gen than either Sony or MS willy waving hardware specs.

One thing to note is that UE5, which will mark a genuine gen shift and was shown off in the Sony linked video, won't be available until early 2021. So don't expect anything that fully utilises it until maybe a year later. Except possibly Fortnite which seems to be their test bed.
  • Unreal is gonna shit all over everything next gen BTW. Frostbite is gonna look even more embarrassing.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Imagine Power Stone with rockets, and you're kind of there. Ish.

Don’t mention Power Stone when Gav’s around. But that’s piqued my interest as well

I seen it. I will not take the bait.

Game looks pants imo
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What have they definitely got? Halo for certain. Forza, maybe even both flavours. Everwild which is what Rare are doing. Battletoads. Tunic. Any more?

Eurogamer basically confirmed Fable and Perfect Dark reboots (which, imo, could become a fucking brilliant third person em up but will no doubt be another shooter but, erm, with even zanier guns than ever before).
  • The epic guy at the start of that vid is the most videogamey looking video game maker I ever did see.
  • Oh god yeah. It is a super nerdy video as well but interesting, especially if you jump to where they begin to pull apart the UE5 Sony reel thing.

There are so many quality of life improvements for devs it is ridiculous.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    His head/hair was designed in Dreams
  • I’m knee deep in it now, it is interesting, even for a layman.

Edit

The vid/not the weird hair.
  • It's a chair, not shoulder pads!!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • The Quixel Megascans stuff is amazing. I have been playing with it this week and it is quite incredible how rapidly you can make and populate an environment that is fully optimized.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a randomly generated last name too.

Penwarden!
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    It's a chair, not shoulder pads!!

I thought this initially. Well, actually i thought he’d left the hanger in his t-shirt.
  • @Tempy
    You should check that vid if you haven't already. Not sure how much you look in this thread.

All that baking shit you were stressing over, right in the bin.
  • Now that Sony have put a quarter bil into epic I wonder if unreal will have some nicer connection and improved performance on PS5
  • His head/hair was designed in Dreams
    ahahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Maybe they’ve got hold of this stuff that is gonna run on Fortnite for some first party stuff. Rather than wait until 2021.

Also he mentions that stuff on Fortnite and coming to other games this year. He didn’t say next year or 2022.

Edit - ahh that was the 4.25 release. I really should look up from my phone.
  • @Crayon
    Doubt it. They own 1.4% and Epic are fully focused on a broad, blanket take over of the industry.
    They may have a small head start or be bale to push for certain priorities in development but I don't think there will be a significant and noticeable difference.
    Its a bloody good investment though.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    @Tempy You should check that vid if you haven't already. Not sure how much you look in this thread. All that baking shit you were stressing over, right in the bin.

I'll take a look. Currently doing character sculpting, have had to scale back project from 4 characters in a quick animation to fingers crossed I can get two characters textured and in a roundtable before I have to hand it in...
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Hm. Thought this would've created more buzz. Basically it says they've got their own secret sauce for fast loading so fuck yer Cerny, ya fools.

Reads like unnecessary damage limitation.

They’ve confirmed that their SSD can do 2.4gbps and with compression that could be doubled. The PS5 was around 5.5gbps if I remember correctly. Whether or not that’s with compression, who knows? In any event the Xbox one is slower, so they’ve called it Velocity to make it look like it’s not slow (which it isn’t, it’s just slower than a direct competitor).

So they’ve basically thrown a bunch of words at the wall to make it look like they have something to compete with. They should stick to the things they have a lead with.

Yar both machines gonna be super nice, and gonna represent a nice jump on what we have now - really excited to play them.

The 5.5Gbps on the PS5 is uncompressed - compressed puts them in the region of 8-9gbps which is insane, but they’ve had to add a load of other dedicated hardware / IO stuff to make sure it doesn’t bottleneck.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What have they definitely got? Halo for certain. Forza, maybe even both flavours. Everwild which is what Rare are doing. Battletoads. Tunic. Any more?

They bought about a billion companies the other year so maybe some of them will have something to show.
    Probably more Hellblade 2 as well
  • https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-07-16-streaming-service-xcloud-joins-xbox-game-pass-in-september?__twitter_impression=true

Project xCloud, the "play Xbox games on yer phone/tablet" service that I've been the beta for, is coming to Game Pass in September. Will be free for all Ultimate subbers.

Pretty damn good if you ask me. I've used it a few times and it's genuine how tf are they doin this stuff.
  • It’s becoming one helluva deal, mind you it already was, my broadband speed is shite so fingers crossed for my phone is good enough.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So even if I now don’t own an Xbox I can still play those games on my phone / iPad?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Does that mean I will be able to play Slay the Spire on my phone?
  • https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-07-16-streaming-service-xcloud-joins-xbox-game-pass-in-september?__twitter_impression=true Project xCloud, the "play Xbox games on yer phone/tablet" service that I've been the beta for, is coming to Game Pass in September. Will be free for all Ultimate subbers. Pretty damn good if you ask me. I've used it a few times and it's genuine how tf are they doin this stuff.

Does that use your xbox to stream to your phone? Or is it playing xbox games on a MS server? I'm an ultimate suber and that sounds... interesting...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Does that mean I will be able to play Slay the Spire on my phone?
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/slay-the-spire/id1491530147
  • Does it also mean there’s even less reason to buy a series X or series S?!
  • My poor Nan is never going to get her head round this!
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!