Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Does that mean I will be able to play Slay the Spire on my phone?
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/slay-the-spire/id1491530147

I'm not on apple.
  • Hey guys here’s our new console and here’s another fantastic reason that we’re giving you not to buy it.
  • xCloud - games running off Xbox One X blades in the cloud, set choice of games to choose from

Console streaming - streaming your own console to your phone/tablet. I've got that too but it is more dependent on your own home Internet connection so is more susceptible to lag and poorer picture quality

No indication as far as I'm aware if xCloud coming to Game Pass also includes the Console Streaming feature. So it looks like whatever games are on Game Pass only, are the ones you can stream to a device.

Something something nan with a blade something.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm totally gonna play Cyberpunk on my mobile instead of buying a Series X.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    As long as you can't stream on Switch...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    So this x-cloudy thing is a Bone-us™ whatever loss leading Microsoft games machine you have?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • In theory you can tune your Forza garage while on your commute. Not a bad idea …
  • They’re doing so much right at the moment to appeal to consumers. It’s brilliant and will probably tempt a few over who went with PS4 this gen. I certainly don’t think Sony are in their pre PS3 arrogant do what they want stage but the more MS offer the more Sony kinda look a little, er, traditional with their offering.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Hm. Thought this would've created more buzz. Basically it says they've got their own secret sauce for fast loading so fuck yer Cerny, ya fools.

Reads like unnecessary damage limitation.

They’ve confirmed that their SSD can do 2.4gbps and with compression that could be doubled. The PS5 was around 5.5gbps if I remember correctly. Whether or not that’s with compression, who knows? In any event the Xbox one is slower, so they’ve called it Velocity to make it look like it’s not slow (which it isn’t, it’s just slower than a direct competitor).

So they’ve basically thrown a bunch of words at the wall to make it look like they have something to compete with. They should stick to the things they have a lead with.

Yar both machines gonna be super nice, and gonna represent a nice jump on what we have now - really excited to play them.

The 5.5Gbps on the PS5 is uncompressed - compressed puts them in the region of 8-9gbps which is insane, but they’ve had to add a load of other dedicated hardware / IO stuff to make sure it doesn’t bottleneck.

That is fucking HUGE.
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • What the fuck are all these 'become a PS5 tester!' ads that are popping up everywhere, and more importantly, why aren't there any 'become a Xbox Series X tester!' ads??
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No games to test son
  • b0r1s wrote:
    No games to test son

Now you know how us Xboxer’s feel.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    What the fuck are all these 'become a PS5 tester!' ads that are popping up everywhere, and more importantly, why aren't there any 'become a Xbox Series X tester!' ads??
    Is it like joining the pen fifteen club?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    No games to test son

Now you know how us Xboxer’s feel.

What a guy!

*points finger*
  • Microsoft discontinuing the X and S digital production whilst stardard S continues. Now makes sense why there was a fire sale on the X a while back.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-16-microsoft-officially-discontinues-xbox-one-x-and-xbox-one-s-all-digital-edition
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I don't get why they are still making the one s. Unless the middle console to replace the one x will be called the series x so as to avoid confusion with the Series X.

Poor nans
    SFV - reddave360
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    What the fuck are all these 'become a PS5 tester!' ads that are popping up everywhere, and more importantly, why aren't there any 'become a Xbox Series X tester!' ads??

Tester is just the honest description of launch buyer
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Hm. Thought this would've created more buzz. Basically it says they've got their own secret sauce for fast loading so fuck yer Cerny, ya fools.

Reads like unnecessary damage limitation.

They’ve confirmed that their SSD can do 2.4gbps and with compression that could be doubled. The PS5 was around 5.5gbps if I remember correctly. Whether or not that’s with compression, who knows? In any event the Xbox one is slower, so they’ve called it Velocity to make it look like it’s not slow (which it isn’t, it’s just slower than a direct competitor).

So they’ve basically thrown a bunch of words at the wall to make it look like they have something to compete with. They should stick to the things they have a lead with.

Yar both machines gonna be super nice, and gonna represent a nice jump on what we have now - really excited to play them.

The 5.5Gbps on the PS5 is uncompressed - compressed puts them in the region of 8-9gbps which is insane, but they’ve had to add a load of other dedicated hardware / IO stuff to make sure it doesn’t bottleneck.

That is fucking HUGE.
    Spoiler:

Still smaller than the wart on your dick, tho.
  • For reals, tho - going from 100mb/s or thereabouts (thanks shitty PS4 HD) to 5.5gbp/s+ gonna be so nice.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I'm surprised at the OneX going the way of the dodo as I just assumed it would be the lower tier option going forward for Xbox.

Wonder what this means for the lockheart rumours?  Does the fact that the OneS is now the only option in the "old gen" mean that we will be getting a low tier "next gen" or if it just going to be OneS and SeriesX?

I have to wonder how well the cross gen games are going to run on the S too.  I wonder if devs will simply shove the internal rendering resolution down to 720p and then upscale?

I do hope all of this is covered next Thursday.
  • I'd imagine that unless Sony announce the PS5 at an insanely low price point, Lockheart will be a thing.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Sounds like X will get another two years of support through cross-gen games so in that respect it's not getting kicked to the kerb.

Thing is it was made to be a top-spec luxury console - it's probably actually quite difficult to reconfigure as the cheap entry-level offering for a new generation - certain stuff in it won't magically come cheaper and other stuff will need an update to not hamper the Series X platform.

I think it's probably for the best if they ditch One for Lockhart - One X just won't be the right offering for either cheapos or spec-heads once Series X is out.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Live in five...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • IT'S FUCKING HUGE!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The DS4 was my fave pc controller this gen as it's slightly more versatile than an Xbox controller. No stupid dongle, bt pairing out of the box, a touchpad, a gyro, a precise dpad; all which are actually usable in games. Granted, I was coming from a 360 pad and haven't tried the bone controller so not sure how the latter compares to the DS4.

Nevertheless, the DS4 has more features and is cheaper than its bone counterpart. Easy pick imo. Looking forward to the ds5.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’d like better battery life with new controller.  We went from something like 35 hours with DS3 down to something like eight with the DS4.
    Get schwifty.
  • The DS4 has been my fave controller overall. Biggest gripes have been meh battery life, and the start/select buttons or whatever the fuck they're called now are just too small and flush to the surface, it's hard for me to reliably press them with the calloused tips of my thumbs. I might try adding a couple of dots of epoxy onto them actually.
  • I don't get the speaker in the controller thing, seems like novelty nonsense.
  • It can have great uses, but most games don't bother with it, presumebly because the Xbox doesn't have one.

Transistor can play the narration though it, but this is off by default for some mad reason.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!