The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • Amazon too. Managed to get my mate one from there just in time.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Looks like Amazon are gone already as well.. 

Managed to bag one this time around but sweet baby Jesus they go fast eh? 

If it's like last time there's a chance we might see more appearing and going within minutes again as the day goes by?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • @Moot Sounds like you’ve got a clear idea on what’s important and what will work for you. If you’re happy with the Series S and you have a One S for streaming, you don’t really need anything else at this point.

I’ve gone for the PS5 at launch because I’m doing a clear out and therefore the money side will be covered by that. The price isn’t going to change dramatically, so it doesn’t matter if I buy it now or in 6-12 months time. I’ve ordered Demon’s Souls as the one game I’ll pick up and I’ll use it to catch up on some PS4 games I missed too, via the new Plus scheme.

I more excited about the Series X though. There’s loads on Xbox I haven’t played, so realistically I won’t need to buy another game for a while. I’m looking forward to playing Forza here. I’ve also bought another pad (I never normally do this), so I can play with my boys too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Hopefully people aren’t encouraging the scalpers on eBay.
  • I dunno. Argos is still good.

When you click on the item, Chalice, it says it’s gone.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m pretty much the same as Syph on the PS5 side of things. There’s quite a few games in that PS4 collection that I thought about buying but never did so I’ve got quite a bit to play.

Was so close to pushing the button on Series S yesterday, but sanity prevailed. Having owned both pro consoles last gen I found my Xbox didn’t get too much love. With that I mind it makes sense for me to wait on a Series X for now until a lot of the first party stuff is out and GamePass is full of RPG riches from the Bethesda deal.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I dunno. Argos is still good.

When you click on the item, Chalice, it says it’s gone.

Ah feck.

• Syph79 wrote:
    @Moot Sounds like you’ve got a clear idea on what’s important and what will work for you. If you’re happy with the Series S and you have a One S for streaming, you don’t really need anything else at this point.

Yep.  The Last of Us 2 and vanilla Spiderman are quite big pulls as I've missed out on both, but neither will suddenly look shite in a year or two.  Plus the likelihood of a TLoU2 PS5 remaster must be pretty high.  Yup, decided, ta.  Unless it turns the wife is a raving Sony fanboi and refuses the Xbox.
  • Welm that was fun. I am not playing thus game. Will oick one up when this ludicrous shit is over.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s either typing with anger or you’re still drunk from last nights sherrry!
  • @Moot_Geeza
    If your ps4 is overheating or the fan sounds like a hi pitched wind turbine you need to open it up and clean up the insides. Best case scenario: it's clogged up with dust and cleaning it out solves the problem. If above doesn't work worst case scenario: You need to redo the CPU/GPU cooling paste. If you're not comfortable doing a repaste job ask someone capable who's done it before or bring it to a repair shop.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Is opening up to clean it a simple and easy job? Would like to clean mine out too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Is opening up to clean it a simple and easy job? Would like to clean mine out too.
    Quick Google

https://youtu.be/lyYjoZtwqLk
  • Cheers
  • No problem.
    Cleaning out the insides of your pc/console is standard maintenance. If you don't it will eventually choke itself in heat and dust. Easily preventable by cleaning the innards every 1-2 years or so.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    A second wave of PS5 pre orders inbound tomorrow morning lads...

I've got a ps5 full dick preorder I'm currently only holding onto incase a badger wants it.

Now I've secured an X I'm happy to let it go

I already have one @MattyJ but I know someone else who’s trying to get one. Where’s your order from and can you change the address for delivery?

It's from box.co.uk. I can take a look at delivery address change, can't think it's an issue? Not sure where you are but I'm in Bristol if that's anywhere local for collecting
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Is opening up to clean it a simple and easy job? Would like to clean mine out too.
    Blast all the vents clean with a can of compressed air often does the business.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Cheers hunk, I think you gave me similar advice at the time.  I cleaned out the console as part of the revival but talk of cooling paste was a confident stride out of my comfort zone.  I didn't pre-order the Series S I had in my basket this morning so I guess I'm still undecided.
  • Moot, when you're looking to get rid of the PS4, I'd be interested in giving it a go at fixing it.
  • If I do upgrade you can have it for postage, gonna open it up and see if I've missed a huge clump of fur first though.   Will pm.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Cheers hunk, I think you gave me similar advice at the time.  I cleaned out the console as part of the revival but talk of cooling paste was a confident stride out of my comfort zone.  I didn't pre-order the Series S I had in my basket this morning so I guess I'm still undecided.

Only redo the paste if nothing else works and the hw is still showing signs of overheating. And only do it if you feel comfortable enough with your hw. It helps if you've done it before on a pc and you know what you're doing.
  • I wouldn't attempt the paste tbh, even though those videos are usually of calm people saying you can't possibly damage anything if I can see the innards of my console part of me will be screaming I'VE GOT THE LID OFF! DON'T PANIC!
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    I've got a ps5 full dick preorder I'm currently only holding onto incase a badger wants it. Now I've secured an X I'm happy to let it go
    I already have one @MattyJ but I know someone else who’s trying to get one. Where’s your order from and can you change the address for delivery?
    It's from box.co.uk. I can take a look at delivery address change, can't think it's an issue? Not sure where you are but I'm in Bristol if that's anywhere local for collecting

Hey mate. Thanks for coming back to me. We managed to get one from Amazon this morning, so it's all sorted now.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    I've got a ps5 full dick preorder I'm currently only holding onto incase a badger wants it. Now I've secured an X I'm happy to let it go

Hey mate. Thanks for coming back to me. We managed to get one from Amazon this morning, so it's all sorted now.

Good stuff! Glad it's sorted
  • Time to cancel the ps5.
  • Should cancel next-gen for a couple more years.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Should cancel next-gen for a couple more years.

It's not like there are any next gen games yet, so suits me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why? Or is that just facetious nonsense?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!