PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Meanwhile my wife is trying to bully me into buying a PS5.
    I tipped her off about the game share thing
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Did you go with Wanda Rimmerholen as your stage name in the end?

I considered it before settling on "Tina TugsAlot"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nice one Wooker good luck with it mate.
  • Wookie to be a socially distancing department store Father Christmas confirmed then.
  • Is Godfall a Ps5 exclusive or launch exclusive? Just saw the latest trailer for it and it ends with this.

mjHPS1m.jpg
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I heard Wookie's got a role on Cobra Kai season 3 as Terence Roundhouse, an heir type who's looking to buy the Cobra Kai franchise. He ends up copping off with Hawk who comes out as gay.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • How many sleeps left Syph?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Console exclusive for a limited time and also available on PC.

Not particularly exclusive.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    41 Sleeeeps!

Squeeeeeee
  • I’m not looking forward to downloading everything, I’ve got shit internet 25-30gb and will take me days to download anything. The first day will be a write off and it will probably get delivered late in the afternoon.

Gotta feel for likes of gman with really crap broadband.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yeah, it can be a pisser, but it's not the end of the world. I just find there are a lot less games I want to play these days anyway. People are always banging on about what a golden age we live in for gaming, and how there are so many incredible games to play, and that's nice for them, but not for me.
    The older you get, the more particular your tastes become I think, and the kind of games I like barely exist any more. Practically everything I liked has become a AAA grind fest that's more about the grind than the actual point of the game now, and that just very rarely floats my boat. Live services can fuck the fuck off too, because it generally just means broken games and broken promises.
    I still find things to enjoy, but they're fewer and further between now, and if nothing else, having shit broadband helps with the quality control, because there's a lot of stuff out there these days that it stops me wasting my time with. I'm very much old man shouts at cloud, but most of what's on offer nowadays just isn't for me.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm very much in that camp G. I'm not into a heavy online set up. I'm not keen on every game having a huge map with lots of mini tasks to do.

I still enjoy games but I bounce off so many at the start when the main menu is filled with so many online only modes or the game starts with a huge map that will slowly unlock. I really enjoyed halo 5 and regardless of the tech issues of halo infinite, the idea that it will have lots of missions and time sinks in a map mode isn't appealing.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I like an open world game tbh, but I have very particular tastes, and these games are easy to make very badly. I'll bounce off 90% of them without even playing, because I can see they're just not for me, and of the the remaining 10% I might actually play, I'll be lucky if I find one of them that sticks the landing.
    The perfect core loop is a very hard thing to develop, but it's a wonderful thing if you do find one that clicks with you.
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah, it can be a pisser, but it's not the end of the world. I just find there are a lot less games I want to play these days anyway. People are always banging on about what a golden age we live in for gaming, and how there are so many incredible games to play, and that's nice for them, but not for me. The older you get, the more particular your tastes become I think, and the kind of games I like barely exist any more. Practically everything I liked has become a AAA grind fest that's more about the grind than the actual point of the game now, and that just very rarely floats my boat. Live services can fuck the fuck off too, because it generally just means broken games and broken promises. I still find things to enjoy, but they're fewer and further between now, and if nothing else, having shit broadband helps with the quality control, because there's a lot of stuff out there these days that it stops me wasting my time with. I'm very much old man shouts at cloud, but most of what's on offer nowadays just isn't for me.

I think it's because we are really only playing the same few tropes over and over but with different skins thrown on them.
    As a medium games are fairly new and there's always been a traditional turnover of age groups and players, as people get older and grow up life gets in the way, kids, work etc... I think it's only now that we are seeing people gaming into their 40-50s+.
    I think we always have new younger generations coming into the medium and they are "Wow this openworld loota shoota v9 is amazing!" Because it is new to them.
    While the older gamers who are sticking around are like, "This is just like openworld loota shoota v4 but prettier".
    I'd hate to think how many hours of my life I've wasted driving to a mission point only to then been told by the game there's a problem and the mission has gone fubar and now I have drive to another point, oh noes...
    There's honestly only so many times you can jump in a helicopter cutscene and be surprised that the thing gets shot down, or you jump for a ledge only to have the ledge give way and you fall, BUT NO the NPC grabs you and says "be more careful next time". 

I'm hoping that as devs get older they start to get jaded making the same game over and over so they might start to push the boundaries a little more.
    As for me, I've not put in anywhere near the hours this gen as I did the last, to me that was the golden age of gaming I think now we are in a little bit of a stagnation phase.
    to me the Quest VR experience has been the experience of this gen by far.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • g.man wrote:
    I like an open world game tbh, but I have very particular tastes, and these games are easy to make very badly. I'll bounce off 90% of them without even playing, because I can see they're just not for me, and of the the remaining 10% I might actually play, I'll be lucky if I find one of them that sticks the landing.
    The perfect core loop is a very hard thing to develop, but it's a wonderful thing if you do find one that clicks with you.

I do too, nothing wrong with a well done or suitable open world. But not with everything. I've been trying a few of the need for speed games and every one had the open map, where you unlock more events to pick from and so on and so on. It's fine when it's some games (burnout paradise and forza horizon 4 do it so well) but it seems its every racing game and a lot of shooters get this treatment.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Scenes when GamePass has G downloading some indie darling roguelike smash hit or something or other and he absolutely loves it.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    I like an open world game tbh, but I have very particular tastes, and these games are easy to make very badly. I'll bounce off 90% of them without even playing, because I can see they're just not for me, and of the the remaining 10% I might actually play, I'll be lucky if I find one of them that sticks the landing. The perfect core loop is a very hard thing to develop, but it's a wonderful thing if you do find one that clicks with you.
    I do too, nothing wrong with a well done or suitable open world. But not with everything. I've been trying a few of the need for speed games and every one had the open map, where you unlock more events to pick from and so on and so on. It's fine when it's some games (burnout paradise and forza horizon 4 do it so well) but it seems its every racing game and a lot of shooters get this treatment.
    Yeah, devs have been incredibly guilty of trying to shoehorn the latest money-making crap into games where it just doesn't fit. Me? I'd rather a game did one thing brilliantly, than a hundred things that just make me want to throw the pad through the screen.
    Scenes when GamePass has G downloading some indie darling roguelike smash hit or something or other and he absolutely loves it.
    It could happen...but it definitely won't be a rogue-like.
  • Lonely Mountains Downhill is such a breath of fresh air precisely because it is so simple.  Just you versus mountain.  It was so refreshing to start a new game without a half hour tutorial/cut-scene assault.  There's plenty to discover along the way but the journey happens at your pace, not the game's.
  • G Man Plays Random Game Pass Shite could be a stunning youtube channel, imo.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Lonely Mountains Downhill is such a breath of fresh air precisely because it is so simple.  Just you versus mountain.  It was so refreshing to start a new game without a half hour tutorial/cut-scene assault.  There's plenty to discover along the way but the journey happens at your pace, not the game's.

Oh god yeah. That's a big EA thing as well. I just want to play the game, I'll learn by doing for the most part.
    SFV - reddave360
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    G Man Plays Random Game Pass Shite could be a stunning youtube channel, imo.

Only if he's wearing dodgy steampunk attire.
  • I could get me a NICE HAT.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    G Man Plays Random Game Pass Shite could be a stunning youtube channel, imo.

Only if he's wearing dodgy steampunk attire.

135513004907.jpg

????
  • G Man Plays Random Game Pass Shite could be a stunning youtube channel, imo.

"Regards everyone! Gman here bringing you another video. Shenmoo is an indie game where you play a Cow trying to make its way up a criminal organisation in a free-roaming world..."
  • "Regards everyone! Gman here bringing you another video. Shenmoo is an indie game where you play a Cow trying to make its way up a criminal organisation in a free-roaming world..."

*throws controller at telly*
  • Right troops let's get a "what the fuck is this????" train in the chat
  • "and the thing about this game is that you control your moo by throwing the controller at the telly. I've broken three controllers and one telly so far but, IT HAS ALL BEEN WORTH IT GUYS, because Shenmoo is an AMAZING game . And if you want to see more videos please donate to my patreonnso I can buy more controllers and TVs, also remember like and subscribe guys, Regards this has been me Gman. *Loud mooo*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!