Movie Record: 2019 Edition!!
  • 10. Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Average as movies go, but still enjoyed it as a “switch-brain-off monster-movie”. 

[5]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A Star Is Born Really enjoyed it, Lady Gaga can really act and Bradley Cooper can really direct. 9/10

Bradley Cooper can also sing...!  Thorough [9] from me too.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    A Star Is Born Really enjoyed it, Lady Gaga can really act and Bradley Cooper can really direct. 9/10

Bradley Cooper can also sing...!  Thorough [9] from me too.

That he can, really impressed with the whole film
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think it’s due a rewatch in our household. It’s been at least a month since the last one.
  • I watched the Kristofferson one last month.  Was a solid [7]. Will watch the recent one when it hits Sky Movies, which will be soonish I'd imagine.  Maybe It's Time was written by Jason Isbell, I've heard him do it.
  • Eddie Vedder does a great version.
  • WOT

Edit: So he does indeed.  Cheers for that.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Rocketman

Admittedly, didn't want to see this and was dragged along to Cineworld.

Like Elton John but dislike biopics, so happy to report this was Captain Fantastic. Extremely theatrical and surprisingly affecting - Taron Egerton should get award noms if there's any justice. Wookie would love this!
    Mark Kermode did...

It's getting 8?
    I have to see my mates...
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • It Comes At Night
    Effective and tense survival thriller. Just missing a little something extra. 7.5
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I am Mother.

Solid, if predictable. A nice little scifi diversion.
  • Rocketman

Admittedly, didn't want to see this and was dragged along to Cineworld.

Like Elton John but dislike biopics, so happy to report this was Captain Fantastic. Extremely theatrical and surprisingly affecting - Taron Egerton should get award noms if there's any justice. Wookie would love this!

It's getting 8?
    I have to see my mates.

I’m sure I would! Can’t wait to see it!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I am Mother.

Solid, if predictable. A nice little scifi diversion.
    I watched that tonight as well.
    Yeah definitely solid. Well worth a watch even if not life changing. I liked the realisation of Mother as well.
    Spoiler:
  • American Psycho
    First time in years. Still a classic.

Clear and Present Danger
    A decently plotted spy thriller, but it drags* and all the patriotism crap is tiresome.

*Two and a half hours!

I Am Mother
    A decent enough idea but it's not fully explored. Average, generic sci-fi.

And, I also found the technology annoyongly inconsistent
    Spoiler:
  • JonB wrote:
    And, I also found the technology annoyongly inconsistent
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Yeah, I get that. I mean more in terms of
    Spoiler:
  • That much is all true, John.

Still enjoyed it a lot though.
  • Aquaman
    Preposterous.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Her Smell
    Study in addiction and destructive personalities, I really enjoyed it, if a little close to reality [8.5]
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Pet Sematary
    The new one. Had no expectations going in. Was a big pile of shite.
  • Ivan’s Childhood

Tarkovsky’s debut feature film. Not as good as other films if his. Cinematography was brilliant. Love me some nice B&W.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • JonB wrote:
    Pet Sematary The new one. Had no expectations going in. Was a big pile of shite.

Rough. What was wrong with it?
  • The Meg
    Big shark bites off more than it can chew with the Stath. 6.5

Bad Day For The Cut
    Farmer seeks revenge but finds dark family secrets in decent Irish thriller. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Escape Room
    It was alright, Saw style thriller minus the gore. Good fun but utterly forgettable.
    5/10
  • It Comes at Night is a jolly 90 minute romp about two families bonding under difficult circumstances.
  • Wild Rose was quite cliche in its story beats but the characters and the music made it into a good film that I enjoyed a lot. [8]
  • Brightburn

If you're going to grow up into a super villain at least have that trigger point in your life where you can look back and say 'yep, that's what sent me over the edge'.  And then do something with all that new found super badness.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Scream
    Still great after all these years. Playable, fun, cliche bashing horror. 8.5
  • I think I'm on for the quadrology. I've seen 2 for sure, less so the third, swerved 4.
  • Scream 2 has such potent memories for me. I remember watching that while at a sleepover at my best mates house. We were in our mid to late teens and my mate had gotten hold of a load of Bacardi breezers. It was me and him, plus 2 girls from school who we both fancied. I was afraid of making a move for fear of getting rejected but the object of my affection laid against me for most of the movie, while we hugged under a blanket. As one of the characters in the movie got her throat slit, the girl ran her hand down inside my pyjamas and we started rubbing each other off.

She left our school soon after that and I didn’t see her for years. But those memories have stayed with me forever.

I love Scream 2.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!