Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn (OP updated with players)
  • MuseChick wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Caustic or Mirage?? I have enough points to buy one now
    Mirage! He's great imo. The decoys work a treat and his ult is quick to recharge and super handy. Haven't got the hang of Gas Dad yet.

I wondered where those bloody decoys kept coming from. Sods law i kept getting good shots on them until i realised it's a decoy. When shooting an actual person i cant hit a barn door with a banjo. Decoys were useful in Halo at first until all the noobs (me in the Apex Legends case) either stopped playing or git gud.

I'm sitting here at work thinking about playing this. That hasn't happened with a game for a long time!
  • Wooo! Got my first win this morning just before heading into work, playing with randoms. Dropped into the map with no one else around and did a whole lot of looting before having to leg it some distance to the first circle. Saw no other squads and didn't even hear any gunfire for the entire game until it was just us and one other squad left.

We were well inside the circle and on high ground when we spotted them in the distance and pinged a few rounds at them to get their attention. As the circle closed on them, forcing them to move towards us, we repositioned closer to their only realistic approach route. I called in a package with Lifeline to draw their attention and my 2 squad mates attacked on the other flank, downing one before being dropped by an artillery barrage. One enemy ran past me as I hid behind a rock and hid himself in a corner to heal up. One fire bomb to the head had him running out of cover and straight into a hail of lead from my SMG.

My downed team mate pinged the location of the final enemy, hiding around a nearby corner - so I chucked another fire bomb at the corner to remove the cover as an option, forcing him out into the open whilst using the roaring fire as visual cover. Switched to Flatline and as he ran out of cover guns blazing, took him down with a full mag.

Felt good to get my first ever win in a BR game.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Funnily enough we lost a game at Thunderdome last night under almost those exact circumstances. We were a trio though.

That's nuts - I could be mistaken on the numbers! Was it around 1am?
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • About 10pm, but srsly, the way you described it it seemed an almost perfect replay of our game.

And congrats, Grem!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Neat looking Pathfinder skin and 5 loot boxes with Twitch Prime.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    4 second places in a row, last man standing from my team in two of them nnnggggggg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just had a top 5 run. Fuck it. I'm better than that honest!
  • Had a couple of frustrating sessions where couldn't get decent armour or weapon attachments. It definitely makes a difference
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I picked up the gold hopup for the havoc in a recent game. That makes a real difference, its like a different weapon, and is an absolute monster.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Anyone up for some games in about an hour?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sorry Goobs was busy. Should be around tomorrow night or Sunday night.
  • Heh, my 2 teammates buggered off after 2 minutes, so i pootled on figuring on learning the map a bit more, then fluked the win with a single kill on the last person in the end ring. Barely saw anyone the whole round.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They were running scared, Chump.
  • This game is so addictive. I think about it work. That hasn't happened in FOREVER. Spent a good 5 hours on it last night, i cant remember the last time i spent more than 2 playing any game! Even went round mates and got 2 TV's 2 xbox's in same room with beer and pizza. Living the dream
  • Somehow managed a decent win with @djchump earlier on even thought no one else had a mic/headset. Got in a bit of a tense skirmish attempting to capitalise on a weakened team following a firefight of their own, respawned chump afterwards then took the fight right to the final team, who were quickly dispatched in a smoky room near the swamps.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Djornson wrote:
    This game is so addictive. I think about it work. That hasn't happened in FOREVER. Spent a good 5 hours on it last night, i cant remember the last time i spent more than 2 playing any game! Even went round mates and got 2 TV's 2 xbox's in same room with beer and pizza. Living the dream

It really is something special, I haven't loaded up anything else since it launched.  Played a 5 hour session tonight as well, got 8 wins including another back-to-back trio.  I'm loving Wraith atm (and finally chucked some money at the game for the skin in the store), and she'll happily sit alongside Bloodhound as a go-to, but some of the stuff I've seen Pathfinder do has really made me wanna give him more of a go.  

It's not the crazy slingshot grapple flanks that I'm interested in, but rather the zipline being able to access high ground unavailable to anyone else.  We've fell foul to that kinda behaviour a couple of times tonight and I want in on the action.
  • SeanySean wrote:
    Somehow managed a decent win with @djchump earlier on even thought no one else had a mic/headset. Got in a bit of a tense skirmish attempting to capitalise on a weakened team following a firefight of their own, respawned chump afterwards then took the fight right to the final team, who were quickly dispatched in a smoky room near the swamps.

Good stuff.  And third partying is absolutely the way to play for wins.  Hear gunshots - run towards 'em and clean up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sonic, a fun random with a mic feedback issue and myself managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory last night. Three of us against a wounded Wraith and we managed to lose thanks to a bit of ring ignorance, overconfidence and some pretty good play from the Wraith to be fair.

I thought we had it in the bag so went for the rush down Peacekeeper finish instead of playing it safe, I flanked the rock they were hiding behind and got a couple of shots away only for them to phase shift away and slot me as I scampered away from the extra spicy late game ring. I died with a couple of grenades and a primed Bangalore Ult on me. So many regrets.
  • I still rock Gibraltar as my main. Got a win on Saturday. I do love this game, even if it can swing widely from frustrating to amazing depending on the game, but I guess that's life online. Also I think there are less 'quiet' zones these days, used to be able to regularly drop into spaces with no other teams but can't remember the last time that happened. I'm happy to fight and can hold my own now, but sometimes I don't want to have an engagement straight off the bat.
  • I'm straight up terrible. One day i might get the hang of it :D I did have one good moment with Gibraltar (my fave.) Heading through the caves/canyon, squad ahead of us, ring closing behind us. Bloodhound teammate rushes in and dies. I bubble shield him and revive. The shield covers the whole opening, no way through. Bubble goes down i move forward through a shower of grenades, pathfinder teammate shouting 'get back' at me, i unleash all my grenades (2 frag 1 thermite i think) then bowl in and kill the whole squad. We came 2nd :(
  • SeanySean wrote:
    Somehow managed a decent win with @djchump earlier on even thought no one else had a mic/headset. Got in a bit of a tense skirmish attempting to capitalise on a weakened team following a firefight of their own, respawned chump afterwards then took the fight right to the final team, who were quickly dispatched in a smoky room near the swamps.
    Aye, cheers Seany, that was a good sesh! I mostly just followed people round trying to medic, though I think I found my favourite gun is the spitfire from that round we won - just blasting away at the door and window laying down "covering fire" as I had no idea where the enemies were. I figure I may have tickled them a little and helped put em down. 
    Sorry I don't do voice coms but the kid's asleep so I don't tend to chat.

Some people in the game seem to be supernatural though - there was a round we dropped in on the docks type place and the match champion was a solo Wraith player, and they downed all 3 of us with I think was a peacekeeper shotgun? jeeeeez
  • Aye, whereas I haven’t played much online FPS for at least a couple of years (and even then Battlefield is so different from this experience), those coming at it from years playing Destiny etc really have the transferable skills to run amok on Apex.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Seems like they're going to be looking at the hitboxes on the characters, as I think Pathfinder gets hit when he shouldn't.

How would you feel if all enemies have the same hitbox regardless of character size?
  • Probably fine with it tbh, used to have Gibraltar as my main and felt like he was just a huge target.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Nah, it'd feel super bullshit for every other character.  I'd have preferred it if they'd made the character models closer in size to begin with (in other hero shooters bigger hitboxes = more health) but they didn't, so...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Seems like they're going to be looking at the hitboxes on the characters, as I think Pathfinder gets hit when he shouldn't.

How would you feel if all enemies have the same hitbox regardless of character size?

How would that work? Shots that look like they're just missing Wraith will hit? Shots that hit Gibraltar will miss? Don't like the sound of that.

Anyway, here's a word of warning from our very own GooberTheHat. Even when you've eradicated the enemies aboard the airship, it's still a dangerous place to be:

Be sure to follow all working at height protocol for the duration of your flight.
  • I main Gibraltar... Maybe I should switch! Always feel I get hit easy
  • Haven't been able to play this enough recently, still trying to get a 20+ kill game for the badge.
  • The highest I've managed with a squad is 18, and 10 for myself. There's no chance I'll ever come close to 20, huge respect to anyone who manages that.
  • Played a bit more of Pathfinder last night, and while I do like the movement options I feel like Wraith and Bloodhound just suite my playstyle better.

Wraith's survivability due to her voices and phase shift are fantastic, and the information overload of Bloodhound's passive and ping combined with that frag-happy ult make hunting enemy teams so much fun. I'm not giving up on Pathfinder yet, but I do feel like I'm providing better value to the team with those other characters.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!