Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn (OP updated with players)
  • Had the Turbocharger with the Havoc and it goes like shit off a stick, but there’s a fair bit of recoil.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What do people reckon the new legends will be like? Obviously we've got Titty 1 and 2 to look at for inspiration, and there's already been a leak of a stim using speed character.

The gravity shield/grenade seems like a good fit, shield on the tactical like Genji, grav bomb ult like the big Russian lass from Overwatch.

The sonar throwing knife thing has to make an appearance, although it's a little close to Bloodhound's abilities.

Can't think of what else they can pilfer which would fit a BR.
  • Titty is the cringiest thing of all time. I cannae deal with it
  • Octane has already leaked, uses health to increase speed, had passive health regen, can drop a jump pad as their ult.

I reckon we’ll see a lot of extra mobility stuff like that, passives, shield regen, area of effect stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FUD PISTOL
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    Titty is the cringiest thing of all time. I cannae deal with it

Bit OTT there like Frosty, but it came about because of some confusion when people thought TF2 meant Team Fortress 2 and it's stuck.

@Tempo I'd not seen the full rundown of the kit. Interesting that the speed boost comes with a health penalty, I can't think of any existing abilities which come with a penalty. Gibraltar's aiming shield maybe.

@Franny I'd still not hit a barn door with it.
  • Respawn have posted patch note details and upcoming balance changes on Reddit.

Highlights:

- Live now, Wingman has had a rate of fire nerf and the Skullpiercer damage multiplier has been reduced. Peacekeeper has had the fire rate from shotgun barrel attachments reduced. Both guns have had their drop rate reduced. Energy ammo drop rate increased.

- Starting with Season 1, Pathfinder and Caustic get small buffs to their abilities, and Wraith and Bangalore get ability nerfs - Wraith's Into the Void has an extra 5 seconds added to the cooldown, and Bangalore's Double Time has had a 10% movement speed reduction.

- They're also looking at the hitbox issue, but don't wanna rush anything out before it's ready.

I knew Wingman and Peacekeeper nerfs were coming but I'm surprised they hit Peacekeeper's RoF rather than it's range with choke attached. Both guns are still gonna be good, just less forgiving if you miss your shots. RIP me.

I'm all for as many viable guns as possible, but I really hope this hasn't just made the R99 the most effective choice for someone of my skill level. I'm not the biggest fan of the SMG/spray and pray playstyle. 

Guess we'll see.
  • I wonder how much of an issue both of those guns are on console compared to PC. It’s not really very uncommon to be dropped in under 2 seconds on PC thanks to how insanely good people are with mouse aiming, and the strafe speed with the wingman makes it hard to retaliate if you do survive the first few shots of the irapid fire barrage. Every clip i’ve seen of console play has been a a naturally slightly sedater affair, so I hope they aren’t blanket applying these changes. The R-99 doesn’t ever feel top tier in close engagements at the minute, it nestles in with the R-301/Prowler with Hop Up/Spitfire trifecta below the Wingman/Peacekeaper (aka Streamer Special).
  • Good point, difficult to balance due to different control method
  • The changes are across all platforms afaik. But yeah, Tempy's spot on. With my experience on console the Wingman is far less common late circle than the R-99 or R-301, which are ridiculously strong with a purple barrel and mag.

Peacekeepers are bloody everywhere though.
  • Hopefully more player data over time will help them split balance changes.
  • Aye, fingers crossed.

In the meantime, late year 1 Titanfall 2 style Hemlock / EVA-8 meta incoming?
  • They’re already go to guns on PC for non-leet players tbh. Hemlok outstrips everything but the R-301 in the carbine tier thanks to burst being very helpful, and the Evas RoF means you can be more forgiving with your misses against those Wraiths that are waggling left and right like hyperactive weebls.
  • Wingman not so in use on console I'd say. Don't feel I'm hit by it that often. Peacekeeper is defo the majority of players choice for up close weapon.

I still enjoy the Spitfire a lot. Once you get the attachments it's a beast.

They've also increased drops of energy weapons and ammo... But the energy guns just don't feel great to me. The devotion recoil is massive and tough to control
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Most guns just need the stabiliser and clip
    increases which is worth keeping in mind. Stock is of minimal benefit.
  • Hmm, I'll be giving the Hemlock / EVA-8 combo a go then. I've been Wingman / Peacekeeper since early on (if I can find them) and I've kind of ignored certain weapons since I committed. Not the Spitfire though. Love that gun.

Had an absolute blast with a Triple Take the other night actually. Got a handful of kills with it and we took the win, was nice to be able to hit people beyond throwing distance for a change. I mean, I still prefer to be right up in peoples faces but it was a fun distraction.

Edit: Hip firing a Triple Take in the early game scramble is one of the things that make this game so magical.
  • I think i've gone 3 days no Apex! That will change tonight!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Most guns just need the stabiliser and clip

Was genuinely surprised to find out that stocks only affect weapon raise / lower time and aim drift. No more unnecessary risks trying to grab those.
  • Djornson wrote:
    I think i've gone 3 days no Apex! That will change tonight!

Only played an hour over the last two nights myself. I'm actually twitching.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Most guns just need the stabiliser and clip

Was genuinely surprised to find out that stocks only affect weapon raise / lower time and aim drift. No more unnecessary risks trying to grab those.

Yeah me too! Now I won't get so excited over a purple stock.

• Edit: Hip firing a Triple Take in the early game scramble is one of the things that make this game so magical.

Best shotgun in the game ;) love it early doors
  • Tempy wrote:
    I wonder how much of an issue both of those guns are on console compared to PC. It’s not really very uncommon to be dropped in under 2 seconds on PC thanks to how insanely good people are with mouse aiming, and the strafe speed with the wingman makes it hard to retaliate if you do survive the first few shots of the irapid fire barrage. Every clip i’ve seen of console play has been a a naturally slightly sedater affair, so I hope they aren’t blanket applying these changes. The R-99 doesn’t ever feel top tier in close engagements at the minute, it nestles in with the R-301/Prowler with Hop Up/Spitfire trifecta below the Wingman/Peacekeaper (aka Streamer Special).

This. I really feel like Wingman didn't need nerfing on console, it was strong but I'd argue there was a skill gap to it and besides, it was still pretty inconsistent. Feels really sluggish now to the point where I'm probably gonna stop picking it up which is a shame as it was my favourite weapon. Spitfire is by far the best weapon in the game imo.
  • I've been avoiding picking the Wingman up so I could remember it in it's full glory, but I couldn't resist any longer and grabbed one in the last game.  It didn't feel as bad as I feared.  I mean, it is noticeably worse, but not bad enough to stop me from picking it up.
  • Can't get on with the EVA-8 beyond the drop zone clusterfuck. It just feels weak.
  • EVA-8 feels useless unless you catch someone from behind and can get a couple of rounds in before they know what's happened.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • I really suck at this. I'm just so Halo. I cannot un-Halo myself. Frustrating night but three absolute epic moments that make it all worthwhile.

1 - Make zipline to top of airbase. One member of squad goes to opposite tower. The other two hide under a ledge. People cant resist the zipline and moving towards our squadmate in opposite tower. They literally walk on top of our heads but dont see us then got shot to shit in the back with a devotion and spitfire :)
    2 - Bunker drop, go into smallest room. 2 of us + an enemy, no guns! We each close a door and stand infront of it and play punch tennis with him as he desparately runs around.
    3 - Drop to the fortress place. 2 squads above us on the higher ground. I run the fuck away, both team mates die. I wait until ring nearly closing then go to recover but dont get their quite in time. Spot somebody, peacekeeper them to the face. Foolishly decide to do finishing move! Their mate comes along and interrupts my finisher, boom, peacekeeper to the face. 2 man squad gone. Lol they must be so annoyed. I spend the whole game sprinting away from the circle and finally crouch walking for literally miles. Final circle in the airbase, i hide outside while squads battle it out. Make it to last 2! Final final circle forces me to move, get raped by squad of 3 level 100's. (My dead mates watched the entire thing whispering words of encouragment/abuse.)
  • I won a game solo yesterday where my two randoms left during the initial engagement, I don't wanna disclose how ratty I played but still ended up with 8 kills.
  • Bloodhound ultimate is amazing. Final 2 squads left, they were battling it out so I went buckwild with my spitfire and Peacekeeper using the vision and smashed em all. So good!
  • Nice going!  And yeah Bloodhound's great, my go-to alongside Wraith.  The information you get from his passive and active are unparalleled, and that ult is pure frag happy fun time.
  • Yeah man I had no idea how powerful it could be! Now I just need a win with a support to have won with all classes. So lifeline or Pathfinder... Guess I'll go lifeline!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!