Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn (OP updated with players)
  • Still no battle pass. Respawn put a message out saying so today, but still no confirmed date either... Would be nice to get some actual details from them now.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'm looking forward to Octane but I'm really not expecting much from the Battle Pass itself. None of the skins we've seen so far have been great, and banners, poses, quips, and finishers don't bother me much. If those kinda things are even gonna be included.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If Octane is real.

Some of the weapon skins are great. I'm more interested in the battlepass as just something that dings after games and throws stuff at me. Plus whacking Respawn some dosh for the free game I've put countless hours into.
  • Aye. I hit level 100 over the weekend so more dingage would be nice. I'll definitely buy it, I've already chucked some cash at 'em for a Wraith skin that was okay I s'pose, and I'm happy to keep on supporting the game via the pass. If there's one or two things in it I like that'll just be a bonus.

Regarding Octane, there was a leak earlier that looked like the real deal. Seems EA slipped up and put a picture of him on the Origin homepage along with an announcement of the battle pass at a price of 950 coin things (1000 for £8 ). It got screenshot and posted to Reddit long before they removed it.
  • Yeah I'm intrigued as to what challenge type aspects are in there.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's just they released this reddit.
    There’s lots of stuff that has been datamined from Apex since launch and is swirling around the Internet. We know this stuff is fun to dig up and speculate about, but you should not treat any of that info as a source of truth. There’s stuff in there that is very old, or things we’ve tried in the past and cut--remember our design process is to prototype and play lots of ideas--and some of it may be things we’re still building for Apex Legends. Finding this stuff by no means confirms that it’ll ever come out. At best you should treat any posts about this as a rumor and the real info will come from us when we’re ready to show off what’s coming next.

Octane does look like a genuine thing like, I'm just not banking on it.
  • Fair enough, I've seen plenty of datamined info and supposed leaks come to nothing before. Overwatch was quite hilarious for this in the early days.

Whether it ends up being Octane or not, a new hero is definitely the thing I'm looking forward to the most. New weapons would be cool, but I'm really enjoying what we've got atm.
  • What do you guys think of the possibility of other queue types? Solo, duo, or quad maybe?

I know there's been plenty of talk about this on Reddit, but I'm wary of balance. Besides, the existing trio's mode is so well designed and implemented that I don't think I'd ever personally queue for solo's if it was an option.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm not sure about them tbh, I do like the squads of 3. Duos would work better than solo imo. Some characters would be useless in solo.

I was thinking about the big team battles that fortnite does too, where its half the server vs the other half. Not sure it'd work in this with all the abilities though lol!
  • I'd quite like a solo mode, but only if everyone spawned in a locked room with only a grenade each.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Would be cool if they made slight alterations to the map, like Fortnite.
  • I'm with you on duo's over solo's, and I'd take trio's over quad's for that matter. And yeah, there's no reason why they couldn't add other modes in the future. A game that starts as a BR doesn't have to stay that way forever. Fortnite's various large squad modes have even had objectives or respawns enabled (Control / TDM) and have been a blast.

With Respawn's skill set I'd love to see 6v6 games on smaller maps added at some point. A pipe dream maybe, but the building blocks are there for some TF2 x Overwatch awesomeness.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Would be cool if they made slight alterations to the map, like Fortnite.

I think this is a given, and probably what I'm most looking forward to. I really hope they do something with that big barren area between Wetlands/Hydro Dam/Bridges, easily the worst part of the map.

I'm not so fussed about the new characters unless they have compelling offensive options. There'll be a mad rush to pick them in every game once they're introduced anyway so not getting my hopes up too much.

I've mained Gibraltar and Mirage so far but feel another change coming on. Some quick notes on the downsides of each:

Gibraltar:
    Huge hitbox
    Passive isn't much help at all
    Loooong recharge on the ultimate

Mirage:
    Passive is pointless, no use till you're dead
    Ultimate is not much use now that everyone's accustomed to it, the true avatar needs to be less visible and the decoys more dynamic

I've thought about moving on to Bangalore, her mix of abilities seems like a good mix of defensive/offensive. Anyone had much success?
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Rather than change this map I'd like other maps to be introduced as well. A map not set in the desert but completely different could be fun. I know this means risking splitting the user base but they could just be in rotation.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think that's a given seeing as they've named the existing map.
  • A new map is an interesting prospect and one I hadn't really thought of TBH but sounds like a herculean task for the developers! Though maybe not unrealistic, as I've read a few articles describing how Respawn tackled this map like a series of interconnected smaller deathmatch areas, so it shouldn't be too far removed from providing a regular selection of DLC maps.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • The player base is already larger than most games could ever dream of, a whole handful of maps really wouldn't be an issue.
  • xAjrhHYS6hoAfj5gJXBG6-1200-80.jpg?width=705&height=320

From the data mine, so these are ideas they've played with, but there's no guarantee any of them will get in, apart from Octane who I believe is a lock.
  • What a name choice Skunner is.

Big fan.
  • Surprised to find multiple jump pads scattered around Market last night. Fun enough things to use but they didn't give access to anywhere you couldn't just climb to in an extra couple of seconds.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Jump pads? Are they the zip lines attached to balloons or is this something new?
  • Something new.  The Octane leaks mentioned a jump/launch pad and apparently some people have been getting stuff for him in loot boxes since Tuesday's aborted update.  

Just searched YouTube, here's some peeps playing on 'em.

• BATTLE PASS OUT TOMORROW 5PM

Looks like a whole new map plus themed skins to unlock. Buzzing.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Awesome.

New map? Can't find anything on that.
  • The (admittedly distorted) scenes from the Twitter video suggest a new map or a reskinned version of the current map, as does the wording "Welcome to the Wild Frontier", "Take on the Wild Frontier" etc. Might be wrong. If there were to be altered elements of the current map I'd expect them to be teased in some manner similar to what Epic do with Fortnite, dropping easter eggs etc.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How do these Bottle Piss things work? Can you unlock the stuff by playing or do you need to cough up cash?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You unlock some stuff free, some is exclusive to the pass. Basically two tiers of progression, free and pass. Identical to Fortnite.
  • I believe everyone will have access to the new map content (however that pans out) but only Battle Pass buyers will have access to the new skins and challenges.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • A new map!? Amazing scenes.
  • Disappointing gear in that battle pass tbh. They've even got 7 shitty skins for those loot robots.
    I do wonder how much money they're actually making from the game despite all the hype. The cosmetic stuff has all been mediocre especially compared to Fortnite.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!