The No Subject Thread
  • Also the fact that, tax-avoidance aside, he’s clearly an unsurprisingly insufferable little shitehawk given the arsehole he has for a father. A shower of syphilitic cunts.

(Lewis Hamilton. Pageturn.)
  • Yeah Fuck Hamilton.

The Last Leg have him shortlisted for their dick of the year award.
  • These are also fair points, well made, gentlemen.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @dyno Don't rush (slowly and clearly rather than quickly and tripping over yourself), and allow yourself space to breathe.  Also, don't try to fill the spaces, as tempting as that will be.  Pause for effect and to punctuate the presentation, otherwise it's a verbal barrage and you can lose key points in the wall of Dynoise.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bring a little bottle of poison, just in case.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Stink bombs.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Nina wrote:
    Thinking back I think we winged the complete wedding and party. Main reason we're married is because of the visa, so there's that.

B just basically said we were gonna marry July 18th (was the first available Monday, Monday mornings are free), his mom wasn't pleased as she was on holiday. We weren't planning anything special.
    My brother was my witness, poor guy wasn't used to getting up that early, took the bus in the wrong direction, lost his wallet, had to arrange a taxi and convince the chauffeur someone would pay upon arrival. He made it just in time.
    Upon entering someone pointed out my very stylish purple converse were covered in grass (we stayed at some Mongolian tent the night before, was all very hippy).
    My mom had made our rings in record time, they're very basic titanium rings.
    Had some coffee with the people that came (my mom, brother, B his brothers + wife, his aunt (also photographer) + partner and a friend of hers. My brother was the only one who thought of some presents, B his brother (the other witness) decided to arrange a boat for the afternoon, so the people that wanted to join joined for that. Weather was good, had a good time, can't remember any speeches at all.
    I think my brother was actually wearing his swim shorts as regular shorts the whole day, so he was the only one that could get into to water.

Party was almost a month later, B his mom insisted and arranged most of it, so that was nice.

That actually sounds really fucking cool.

Our wedding was also pretty small and certainly not a big shindig. Less than 35 people, decent food, live band and booze. Done.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Bring a little bottle of poison, just in case.

Wish I did...

Skerret wrote:
    @dyno Don't rush (slowly and clearly rather than quickly and tripping over yourself), and allow yourself space to breathe.  Also, don't try to fill the spaces, as tempting as that will be.  Pause for effect and to punctuate the presentation, otherwise it's a verbal barrage and you can lose key points in the wall of Dynoise.

Despite all efforts to stay calm, I tripped over myself a fair bit... I think I largely got my point across though, and people accepted what I said, but my delivery was awful...

One of my problems, I think, was over preparation. 
    Rather than a crib sheet, I tried to script my time on stage.

Problem was that I was so nervous, that the elementary task of merely reading through the pages of the script escaped me... So advice to the next badger... for a flat poetry reading, or something of the like, yes, read the paper in front of you, but for a dynamic discussion about a topic, I felt I did better when I gave up on the script, and skim read my own stuff...

So next time (should there be such an opportunity...), I'll only commit key ideas to paper, and just go over the general ideas in my head for practice.

I also now realise that this is a skill like any other... Nature is a sizeable part of it, yes, but this shit can be learnt... But then you need the opportunity to practice, which is why I guess some people seemingly love to do it...

An interesting experience... If asked, I'll do it again, but I won't be seeking out opportunities to do it again in a hurry...

Heck... I don't even Tweet...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Fair play for doing it anyway mate
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh the book I'm reading has a "Badger Army"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good man Dyno, do it as often as you can.
  • Aye well on ya Dyno lad, not an easy thing to do (y)
  • Yeah, good on you for going for it man.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Awww... Thanks lads.

This place... :']
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I've had an absolute nightmare with Sky recently, I've been getting disconnected frequently for the best part of two weeks now. Called them 3 times within a week, first guy just tried to transfer me to sales after not listening at all, saying it was a wiring problem and that it'd be £65 for an engineer to visit unless I got a new contract, second guy just went through all the checks that I'd already done and told me to monitor it.

I replaced every cable and the microfilter so the only thing left was the router, third guy tried to charge me £75 for a replacement but magically managed to 'speak to his manager' and get it reduced to £40 (they're £30-35 on Amazon). I insisted that it should be free and managed to get it, just arrived and the fault is still happening.

Turns out, there was a problem at the exchange all along which they said it definitely, positively was not the case. I haven't been able to stream for the last two weeks because of it.
  • Marking year 11 mock exam papers.
    Q - Explain how one way of preventing crime could be effective.
    A - Fining people gastronomical amounts of money as no one wants to risk being completely bankrupt...
  • How big was your fine?

I got a Jamie Oliver.
  • I got away with just a Nando's.
  • I got a Pizza Express suspended for 6 months.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I've had an absolute nightmare with Sky recently, I've been getting disconnected frequently for the best part of two weeks now. Called them 3 times within a week, first guy just tried to transfer me to sales after not listening at all, saying it was a wiring problem and that it'd be £65 for an engineer to visit unless I got a new contract, second guy just went through all the checks that I'd already done and told me to monitor it.

I replaced every cable and the microfilter so the only thing left was the router, third guy tried to charge me £75 for a replacement but magically managed to 'speak to his manager' and get it reduced to £40 (they're £30-35 on Amazon). I insisted that it should be free and managed to get it, just arrived and the fault is still happening.

Turns out, there was a problem at the exchange all along which they said it definitely, positively was not the case. I haven't been able to stream for the last two weeks because of it.

Which Sky router have you got? Is it the old black block one with the 4 Ethernet ports? Or the new, far superior 2 port one (why the fuck they only put 2 on it beats me).

I had an absolute nightmare with the old one, had to reset it every day practically. With the new one I’ve never had to reset it since I got it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I didn’t even realise there was a new one, cunts.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah mate until 18 months ago I was using the OG white one that came with Sky when they rolled broadband out. That thing was sham.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Gastric band?
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I didn’t even realise there was a new one, cunts.

The old one is supposed to be one of the worst on the market. I threatened to cancel my contract and they sent me a new one out.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    I didn’t even realise there was a new one, cunts.

The old one is supposed to be one of the worst on the market. I threatened to cancel my contract and they sent me a new one out.

I wonder if he was trying to sell me the new one but gave me the old one for free instead, what a snide cunt.

• Lol.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I complained and got the new one, complete cunts.
  • Dunno if this has already been covered in a VR thread, but Rolling Stone have the exclusive first look at Magic Leap.

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/lightwear-introducing-magic-leaps-mixed-reality-goggles-w514479

And Magic Leap officially announced what they’ve been up to earlier today.

https://www.magicleap.com
  • I think their logo looks like a Porg.

DRgXjGqXkAEXSWK?format=jpg&name=small
  • Chers Pop.
    I don't go in the VR thread but really interested in AR like Magicleap and Hololens.
    I think this path is the future of this kind of thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!