The No Subject Thread
  • Hey @moot_geeza can you link me to the tazer crown thug life again pls chief?
  • nick_md wrote:
    I was sat literally (real literally, not Andy literally) next to the front door and door bell, there was no attempt. The music wasn't that loud that I couldn't hear.

I'm not an arsehole, far from it. They made no attempt to politely call me up on the transgression.

• You killed a baby with your muzak Nick!
  • If you really want to be pedantic about it, Nick, you not minding hearing other people’s music doesn’t negate the assertion that nobody wants to hear your music.

I apologise if that seems like exaggeration, but your response is typical. “I wouldn’t mind x, y, z thing happening to me,” as a defence for sub-par behaviour is the reserve of the selfish. Let’s all lower the quality of our lives by allowing shit things to happen so we can feel okay about it when we’re shit to everyone else.

I’ll take your word for it that you don’t routinely play your music too loud, despite your own descriptions suggesting otherwise. I’ll take her lack of thank you to your box of chocolates as evidence, backed up by her malicious banging on your window, that she’s intent on making your life a misery. I’m sorry this bad thing happened to you last night. I’m sorry that the majority of people seem to think your behaviour and response is off. I think I’ll leave it there.
  • She'd probably been lying in bed for some time grinding her teeth, thinking, he'll turn it down soon, surely.  Makes no difference what part of your house she hammered on.

EDIT:  Overtaken by thread once again.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    She'd probably been lying in bed for some time grinding her teeth,
    Yeah, teeth.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    How many posts ago did you regret mentioning this incident nick? :D
  • nick_md wrote:
    I was sat literally (real literally, not Andy literally) next to the front door and door bell, there was no attempt. The music wasn't that loud that I couldn't hear. I'm not an arsehole, far from it. They made no attempt to politely call me up on the transgression.

I think the issue that most people have here is her need to call you up on it. If my actions or inaction are adversely affecting my neighbours I'd like to think I'm self-aware enough to know that parking my car on the pavement, letting hedges restrict the path, leaving inordinate amounts of shit on my drive, playing music at a loud enough volume beyond 11pm etc is going to impact on others' contentment. My take is she shouldn't have to politely point out if you're being anti-social. The defence that these kinds of things don't bother you aren't particularly community-minded. The fact that she's been an unappreciative dick in the past don't help either

Anyway, you're making steps to sort out and are clearly not a dick but just have differing values and levels of annoyance.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    I doubt 90% who complain about it would come knocking if it was bothering every other household but they couldn't hear it.
    I don’t think you’ve thought that one through.

Its hypothetical you silly, pedantic twat ayo

Sorry about the sentence construczzzzzzzzzz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    I find the whole "think of others" about such things a bit lol because invariably the person who complains is only thinking about their own household so fucked if I'm gonna care about it.
    I hate to sound like a bleeding-heart lefty-liberal, but with this kind of attitude, we’re all fucked.

Probably but we'll be having a great time while you jot it down in your notepad and grumble into your pillow double ayo
  • I realise nick is holding his hand up and tried to make amends but I've lived under nosy neighbours in two flats in the past. It's so stressful and it was one of the most miserable times in my life.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I doubt 90% who complain about it would come knocking if it was bothering every other household but they couldn't hear it.
    I don’t think you’ve thought that one through.
    Its hypothetical you silly, pedantic twat ayo Sorry about the sentence construczzzzzzzzzz

In that case, I’ll point you in the direction of all the people in the world doing things for problems that don’t directly affect them. If you want to look closer to home, it will have pretty much no impact on my day-to-day life if Tempy never gets a job. But we’re blessed with this thing called empathy and, since I know you do good deeds for forumites all the time, including me in the past, it undermines your point somewhat.

I’ll take the assertion that I never have a good time, or possibly don’t know how to, and keep it with all the others. :)  x
  • When it comes down to it, we're a collection of stupid sods that all have our foibles. We'd all be worse off if any left, or if we failed to retain our quirks.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Hey @moot_geeza can you link me to the tazer crown thug life again pls chief?

He's in here.  2 mins 52 secs:

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    She might be under great stress, be generally afraid/skeptical of men she doesn't know for good reasons (hence the non choc response) a shut-in or any number of other things that lead to her not reciprocating your Chocolate Gesture and banging on your windows.

She maaaay be quite nice as well but for one reason or another your two semi-interactions have not gone well. I'd say you're even, starting from zero and a whole lotta love to give.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yup, I find it useful to always assume the best until proved otherwise in these kinds of things.
  • Jesus, bad vibes up in here y'all. I smh at the situation. Man just tried to get down on his good foot, never had a beef in his life. Make my funk the pfunk and all that.

Man is upset at making other man upset. I wants no beef. Just a glide in my stride. Rest assured I will forever now rein in my endeavours and ensure I do not upset anyone with my unconfrontational love of the #1.

The whole original point of this post was the disproportionate response to my music, but fine.

What a world we live in.
  • I wouldn't pay too much attention to the vibes, a lot of it's just due to the difficulties of communicating by text.

One thing that just occurred to me: do you know for sure she was outside? Could she have actually been leaning out of her window, knocking on yours with a broom, because she couldn't be arsed to get dressed? I'd imagine that would sound a lot louder than necessarily intended.
  • Nah she opened her door and banged, could hear the door close.
  • It is a strange one, given Nick lives eighteen stories up in a tower block...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I can live with being a bad boy for a while, bring the heat, got my glock locked and loaded
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Hey @moot_geeza can you link me to the tazer crown thug life again pls chief?

He's in here.  2 mins 52 secs:

Mahboi
  • Andy wrote:
    I’ll take your word for it that you don’t routinely play your music too loud, despite your own descriptions suggesting otherwise. I’ll take her lack of thank you to your box of chocolates as evidence, backed up by her malicious banging on your window, that she’s intent on making your life a misery. I’m sorry this bad thing happened to you last night. I’m sorry that the majority of people seem to think your behaviour and response is off. I think I’ll leave it there.

Blockchain ain't going a bag of dicks anywhere mate.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It is right and normal to occasionally think “fuck everyone else, I’m indulging myself for a while”, every bit as much as it’s right and normal to get pissed off with someone who does that too often. If you only ever feel like the latter and not the former, there’s something wrong with you, not anyone else.

I wouldn’t want to live in a world where nobody ever felt like they could transgress the boundaries of what is or isn’t socially acceptable. Fuck. That.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Fucks sake Yoss, keep your voice down it's gone 11.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I REFUSE!
  • FranticPea wrote:
    How many posts ago did you regret mentioning this incident nick? :D

Mahman
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I REFUSE!

*launches sofa through window*
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    *decides that protest could maybe wait until tomorrow when less drunk, despite being entirely aware that tomorrow any protests will be put on the back burner in favour of nursing a hangover*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!