Jedi Survivor - Incest Smoochies?
  • Hmmmmmmmmmm. Well I'm sure they'll still have guidance from the higher ups. Hopefully.
  • Have Respawn reskinned the Titans to look like the AT-ST then, maybe you can grapple them and rodeo ride it.
  • I’m playing this now.

It’s very Metroidy, which is a very nice surprise. Hank animations and input lag in a game that requires parrying, though...not ideal.

A pleasant surprise overall though, and it’s still early days.
  • The bits that made it look like Tomb Runner put me off it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I played a section that was like 3D sonic last night complete with frustrating deaths. You'll know when you get there.

Still liking the game though.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm very much a switherer on this. On one hand - good star wars game hooray, on the other - dark souls and bugs seem to be the main features.

It's held its price rather well tho.
  • I've never played dark souls as I thought it would be too hardcore for me so came into this oblivious whether the mechanics were a match. I will say I'm about 5/6th of the way through and have not encountered any bugs yet. The loading times on my ps4 have been trying though.
  • Haha.

So yeah...

I’m not a fan of Star Wars.
    Not a fan of Uncharted either.
    Really like Dark Souls.
    Really like Metroid.

So, really, only about 50% of the ingredients here appeal, but it’s a really cool game. It’s clear it’s full of effort and love and wonderful little details. However...

It needed more time in the oven. The frame rate and input lag in this game is the worst I’ve seen in a AAA game this gen. I’m actually shocked how bad the technical performance is.

Ordinarily it wouldn’t be the end of the world - I can tolerate bugs and frame rate issues in most games, especially if I click with them. But in a game which requires proper parry timing, this ain’t forgivable. It’s a shame, because there’s a great game under here.
  • I've just started this too. Seems alright.
  • And I think I’m done with this game. I can’t believe how good the review scores for this game were. So many small issues - encounter design, lock-on stickiness, dodges, parry timing, input lag, frame rate drops etc - that add up to something that is, IMO, utterly unacceptable.

For all the “Star Wars Dark Souls” comparisons it’s abundantly clear how well FROM understand challenge and control setup. Even with some frame skipping issues on base PS4, Sekiro always felt immediate and responsive. This feels like an even worse version of Lords of the Fallen, albeit with better non-combat gameplay. This is Respawn’s first shot at it, and I’d deffo check a sequel as the building blocks are deffo there, but jesus...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That changed fast! An intriguing 4h44m window between those two Cinty posts.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    That changed fast! An intriguing 4h44m window between those two Cinty posts.

Ha. It’s a cool game. And I think I’d really enjoy it if I had a Pro or X. But I stand by the statement I made in the earlier post “ The frame rate and input lag in this game is the worst I’ve seen in a AAA game this gen. I’m actually shocked how bad the technical performance is.”.

Nothing changed. I’m just further along and my patience was worn down. Didn’t hit a wall or anything. Been making good progress. Just tired of niggle after niggle. And I don’t think the combat is all that.

I’d still recommend this game, weirdly, for those with the top-tier consoles or a good PC. I’d actively dissuade everyone else.

It’s an [8] out of 10 game that is brought down to a [5] or [6] if you have a base PS5 or Xbone One S. Which is actually also what the digital foundry guys said, after checking out their tech analysis.
  • It does make me think that most review outlets just tested it on the X, though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sounds fair. I'm playing on X and it seems fine, though still not totally silky smooth. Can't remember if there was a perf/shinies choice... Think there may have been actually and I took the latter option as it's my first 4K game :-/
  • Yeah I would echo Cinty's thoughts.
    I really liked it but in the end the choppy framerate ruined the experience a bit (xbox one s)
    Not just by making combat harder but it also it took me out of the story.

I normally dont care too much about this stuff but this game is particularly bad and it is hard to tell why. It doesnt seem to be when you do a certain thing or are in a certain area. Something is really wrong deep down in the coding of this and it will probably only run well by brute forcing it on a Bone X or top end PC with mid settings.
  • I think we've gotten used to a little bit more polish in these sorts of games. Even the small stuff I've noticed like popping of physics and textures during cutscenes is something that used to be common but is not really a thing anymore.
  • Yeah expectations is definitely part of it.

Probably didn't help myself by the fact most of the games I have played over the past 18 months can be directly or indirectly linked to this and all ran fine from what I remembered.
    Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, Battlefront 2, Tomb Raider & Rise, Titanfall 2 no complaints on any of them in terms of performance.
  • Yeah, regardless of my absolute love of this game even playing on an X wasn’t perfect and it suffered a little. Absolutely stunning but at a cost.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Welp much for me looking for a cheap pc key. I doubt my AMD will be strong enough. Probably a Ti job.
  • Started this and put a couple of hours into it. I really enjoyed my time with it, and I'm not a big Souls lover. Think it's got a good level of star wars in it, not too overblown but you know where you are.

Can see that it's not as big a budget as other games in terms of graphics but I still think it has its moments.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2019/12/08/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-has-technical-problems-that-are-rarely-seen-on-consoles/#4b8303296042
    This clears up a bit of what is wrong with this game.
    @regmcfly you may be OK with your PC if you install to SSD although I have seen PC folk having issues on decent PCs where I assume at least some must have it installed on SSD given the CPU/GPU specs they are posting it follows they would be the types to do so.
  • So just went to a new planet which was
    Spoiler:

And that whole opening sequence was
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Welp much for me looking for a cheap pc key. I doubt my AMD will be strong enough. Probably a Ti job.

It'll be fine at 1080 or 1440.
  • One thing that's doing my head in about this is the delay in giving yourself a stim. Mid fight you'll be hammering up on the dpad and BB never fucking administers it if your getting hit. So many times I've died when I've had 3 stims in the bank.
  • Intentional innit. Gotta find space in the fight to use a stim, balance against defending yourself etc.
  • Use slow mo on enemies just before you take one, use the force Eric...
  • Comments fair they are...

I'm just a bit shit but slow mo is good advice. On Dothomir now and finding it tough against the queen's hand maidens

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!