Jedi Survivor - Incest Smoochies?
  • Eric wrote:
    Comments fair they are...

I'm just a bit shit but slow mo is good advice. On Dothomir now and finding it tough against the queen's hand maidens

They’re tough, I cheated a little and used the force pull in them where you bring them onto your sword. They are tough though mate. Boss at the end is a shit too!! I only thought of using slow mo maybe mid way through. Never wasted a stim again!
  • Just hit the boss now, fml. Just worked out a bit of a technique but dying lots.

Edit: Finished
    Spoiler:
    very satisfying.

Just found
    Spoiler:

Really enjoying it overall.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I have to say, I think the thing that annoys me most in this game is that fact that pretty much all crates are just lightsaber or bot parts. For one, it doesn't make sense in the world, and two, it's worthless so why would I hunt around to find them all?

It's that classic thing of wanting to pinch game design from Dark Souls but not understanding why it works. The items in dark souls sometimes told the story of the world but even if they didn't then they were usually useful to something coming up or a hint as to how to beat the tough enemies in the area.

They really needed to think about the skills and weapons the character would use before they decided they needed to fill the world with some kind of collectables.
  • I think the cosmetic stuff to find was ok - was nice in a world where a lot of that would be dlc. But yeah, the collectible stuff needed better integration into the world, and there also needed to be some utility to at least some of them.
  • I think it would be more okay if it was materials that you used to then craft the different parts for the lightsaber instead of it being the actual parts. Something that would make sense in the world instead of what it is which makes it obvious you're just playing a game where you collect things.
  • Aye, that would work.
  • Okay, so this is down to £25 on psn and I love a bit of Star Wars- I'm hearing stories about long load time, frame rate and input lag, though.
    I've got a PS4 (not pro) - is the performance realy a mess on this platform? And re combat - is this really soulslike, and if so is it closer to Sekiro than others? I'm not all that hot on games with a big focus on parrying mechanics.

Cheers
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I played on Pro with no big issues. The whole Souls mentions only really apply to the bonfire mechanic, and a little fear as to what's around the corner.
    The combat is piss-easy, nothing like Sekiro, and if you're not a trophy-hunter then you can do what I did and drop the difficulty level if you're finding summat too hard.
    It's enjoyable enough, moreso for SW fans.
  • Okay, so this is down to £25 on psn and I love a bit of Star Wars- I'm hearing stories about long load time, frame rate and input lag, though.
    I've got a PS4 (not pro) - is the performance realy a mess on this platform? And re combat - is this really soulslike, and if so is it closer to Sekiro than others? I'm not all that hot on games with a big focus on parrying mechanics.

Cheers

I played on base PS4, not Pro.

It’s a good game, very Dark Souls 1 / Metroid in its construction.

Combat is absolutely parry heavy though, and performance with constant frame dips, makes that far harder than it needs to be. It’s a buggy mess that might be a good time if performance was stable enough to let players deal with the game as it’s designed to be played.

I’d avoid, personally, on base Xbox and PlayStation consoles. There’s a great game there but the technical side might be one of the worst I’ve played this generation.
  • Cheers. It's on sale for a while so I'll give it some thought, though from your comments I'm tempted to spend the money on Katamari reroll, especially as I'm just on the base PS4.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Personally. I played it for ‘free’ on game pass.
    And It’s incredibly... OK.
    I’m a maybe Star Wars fan and it wasn’t enough to keep me interested. If it wasn’t for the fact that I was off work this week and with lockdown had literally nothing else to do I would’ve bounced off it.

The one thing that really really annoyed me was the the getting back to your ship after getting to one end of the map. It might be a ‘Souls’ thing but fucking hell it could be a slog sometimes. It was worse on Kashyyk than the other planets because of hubs and lift sections.

Shabby is bang on it wants to be souls but doesn’t really get souls.

Looking back I defo wouldn’t pay £20 for it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'm buying Katamari even though I got it on the Switch, cos, yknow, it's Katamari.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You hit the nail on the head r.e going back to the ship. That was the slog and it felt like the designers trying to be mega 'clever clever'about map designers as you passed by earlier areas at a new angle. It was done to overkill.
  • Got to the wookie planet. Does this improve because so far its all abit meh.

It makes me yearn for a proper singleplayer KOTOR sequel. KOTOR 1 & 2 were the best star wars games ive ever played.
  • Well it sort of depends if you chose to go to Wookie planet first!

I think most on here enjoyed it even with its performance issues (I played it on base PS4 and still did).

I'd stay with it a bit until you get some cooler jedi abilities as the combat opens up a bit then and becomes much more enjoyable.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Wookie planet is the 4th im going to now. No performance issues on my base ps4. Think all that has been patched out. I will give it alittle longer and see if i can retain an interest.
  • It's just had a next gen patch but I doubt I'll bother playing again now. It's an average game with some nice moments, but I had so many bugs and glitches during my time with it. The last one I had I walked through a door and fell through the world and it kept respawning me and I kept falling and I just stared for a while then slowly shut the Xbox down and that was that.

I have very little patience for unfinished games.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you're on Kashyyyk now as the fourth planet it sounds like you've done them in the 'suggested' order. For my money at that point you've seen the best the game has to offer.
  • Just finished the tomb of miktrull and its improved somewhat. Force pushing bad guys off edges never gets old. Especially the shock troopers.

I may stick it through and finish it now. Though played way too much today. I only started before lunchtime.
  • 12-12 on Star Wars.  That’s how to use your carers leave!
  • Hahaha.

Hour 1: We're going to do a rich day of activities with the child!

Hour 2: GET FucKED I;M DOING STAR RAWS! GO AND WATCH BLIPPI.
  • You're doing Dino a disservice. his kid has watched him all day - they've studied media, film history, combat techniques, geography, mythology, space travel and most importantly had a thorough grounding in 'star wars is still kind of magic even if the majority of the films are shit now'.
    best school day ever
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • 12-12 on Star Wars.  That’s how to use your carers leave!

Lol
  • You're doing Dino a disservice. his kid has watched him all day - they've studied media, film history, combat techniques, geography, mythology, space travel and most importantly had a thorough grounding in 'star wars is still kind of magic even if the majority of the films are shit now'.
    best school day ever

This is better. This should have been my response.
  • I thought you were both working full time and that's why childcare was an issue? One of you playing games, the other napping all day?

I'm on to you, Dino. Your web of lies has grown too intricate and you have messed up
  • I'm calling your boss right now.
  • Sturgeon must condemn
  • Hahaha. Hour 1: We're going to do a rich day of activities with the child! Hour 2: GET FucKED I;M DOING STAR RAWS! GO AND WATCH BLIPPI.

Fuck Blippi.  Fuck him into paste.
  • I thought you were both working full time and that's why childcare was an issue? One of you playing games, the other napping all day?

I'm on to you, Dino. Your web of lies has grown too intricate and you have messed up

Lol.
  • Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!