Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The opposite thing happened with my Saturn.
    SCART only when a lot of people still had RF cables?

I remember that catching people out at launch when I was working in EB. And we only got sent 1 official RF adaptor to start with. And it was £25. On top of a £400 console.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'd still say that there's a very good chance that the cable is a full speed jobbie in the box.

John of DF said that the cable in the box worked fine and fully with his LG CX? I wouldn't buy anything yet if you don't have to.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • digi wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Tbf thats a huge issue.

A lot of people will have upgraded to 2.1 tvs (like myself) ready for featires such as VRR only to find they need to drop another £40+ on a cable that should be in the box.

Why advertise and hype vrr,auto low latency and120hz etc when you’re console cannot deliver out of the box. Madness.

What the fuck is going on at Sony?

Where do Sony advertise VRR, auto low latency or 120hz?

Obviously as I have a fancy TV iv already got the pro on a hdmi 2.1 and the pro will go in spare room so I can just swap the cables.
    (Cost me about £12)

It says 4K 120 on the box.

It’s not the end of days, but they should be providing a proper cable to support the features advertised on the box.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Tbf thats a huge issue.

A lot of people will have upgraded to 2.1 tvs (like myself) ready for featires such as VRR only to find they need to drop another £40+ on a cable that should be in the box.

Why advertise and hype vrr,auto low latency and120hz etc when you’re console cannot deliver out of the box. Madness.

Obviously as I have a fancy TV iv already got the pro on a hdmi 2.1 and the pro will go in spare room so I can just swap the cables.
    (Cost me about £12)

120hz is here:

https://www.psu.com/news/all-ps5-games-that-support-120-fps-the-smoothest-games-on-playstation-5/

So not Sony saying it then.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    They do say it on their main product page too Davie.

But not a huge issue.

And DAQ makes a good point. If DF are saying it’s working with the CX then all good.

I’m just being stupid cautious. And I can easily return to Amazon if not needed so no loss.
  • JonB wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    SCART only when a lot of people still had RF cables?

I remember that catching people out at launch when I was working in EB. And we only got sent 1 official RF adaptor to start with. And it was £25. On top of a £400 console.

Yep. We didn't have a scart TV in the house at the time.
  • Is this the first 'assembly required' console ?

Also, it really is massive. Consoles getting closer to PCs all the time.
  • b0r1s wrote:

But not a huge issue.

And DAQ makes a good point. If DF are saying it’s working with the CX then all good.

I’m just being stupid cautious. And I can easily return to Amazon if not needed so no loss.

Sorry Boris but you can’t say anything negative about Sony even if they say it themselves - fucking hell you can only blindly defend them, it’s like a cult.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It says it plays Spiderman on the box, they should include that too.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    It says it plays Spiderman on the box, they should include that too.

It’ll likely say games sold separately, like all console packaging does. Will be interesting to see if the box says you need a separate cable to use a feature advertised on the box.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I feel like I have started something. Sorry!
  • digi wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Tbf thats a huge issue.

(Cost me about £12)

It says 4k 120 right on the front of the box in gold badging.

b0r1s wrote:
    Sorry for dragging this on but one other thing. Some are labelling cheaper cables on Amazon as ultra speed but they only go up to 18 GBps. Make sure the cable you buy is 48 GBps.

Which will set you back a pretty penny now
    PSN - minkymu
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah shit, I bought a cable, but do I need a 120hz telly too? Why the fuck isn't that in the box?!?
  • Lol ace.

Lovely bants.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    SCART only when a lot of people still had RF cables? I remember that catching people out at launch when I was working in EB. And we only got sent 1 official RF adaptor to start with. And it was £25. On top of a £400 console.
    Yep. We didn't have a scart TV in the house at the time.
    Not many did. It was a crazy decision.
  • So basically look for 8k 48gbps 2.1 hdmi cable if your buying a PS5

Truehd has a cable on amazon for £18. Highly rated by hdtest youtube channel
    PSN - minkymu
  • digi wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Tbf thats a huge issue.

(Cost me about £12)

120hz is here:

https://www.psu.com/news/all-ps5-games-that-support-120-fps-the-smoothest-games-on-playstation-5/

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps5/

Here you are mate
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Oh Boris you stirred it lol
    PSN - minkymu
  • He knew what he was doing.
  • Should be on bake off
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    :-)

Please god not Mary!!

Check previous page for cable for £7 Minky
  • Much 21 days to go today is also a number of days which is the name of an Adele Album: 19 days to go!!!!
  • So if there’s one thing learnt during this console cycle, it’s the difference in marketing between both companies. I always find it fascinating how they approach this stuff. Sony really stuck to their guns, either intentionally or not, to not talk about the console at all till just before release. I remember all the talk being around the new (same) logo, or 3D ears etc, but nothing concrete except an article on SSD speeds. The first time most anyone has seen the console in person was literally 3/4 weeks before it’s release. Microsoft showed it off over a year ago, and have been super transparent about its features. Does the Apple-like secrecy generate more demand do we think? Or does it not really matter?
  • MattyJ wrote:
    digi wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Tbf thats a huge issue.

(Cost me about £12)

120hz is here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps5/

Here you are mate

Cheers.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

But not a huge issue.

Sorry Boris but you can’t say anything negative about Sony even if they say it themselves - fucking hell you can only blindly defend them, it’s like a cult.

Remember the forum rule?
    Now be a good little pup and fuck off!
  • Might wanna check the rule yourself there.
    No need for it.
  • Let's not go down that road gentlemen.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • digi wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

But not a huge issue.

Remember the forum rule?
    Now be a good little pup and fuck off!

Woof Woof
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Might wanna check the rule yourself there.
    No need for it.

I knew that as soon as I posted pal.
    g.man wrote:
    Let's not go down that road gentlemen.

Why not?
    It's gonna happen with every single thing I post as usual anyway so why change now and follow the rules?
    b0r1s wrote:
    0108f3dfcff601a227f3d8b1acfeb3ac.jpeg

Because people are dicks! ;)
    (Not you obviously)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!