adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EE HAVE CONFIRMED MY ORDER AND CHARGED ME! I'm really getting a PS5, woohoo!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Woooo enjoy! So weird that you could even get one through ee. Was it a contract thing?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yeah, it seems they sell consoles but you have to add it to your phone contract and to be eligible you need to have an actual phone contract with them (not just SIM) and have most of your contract left to run. Seems like quite a lot of people managed to order despite not being eligible and are being told they need to upgrade their contract or have the order cancelled. So might be worth keeping an eye on EE and Digital Foundry Deals as with the cancellations they could have stock soon.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • BT had a similar thing with the Series X for their broadband customers. Dunno bout the PS5 mind you..
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Astro is your Mario 64 moment and im insanely jealous

Yeah but Mario 64 took hours to beat

By that i mean it feels new, a new control method in a brilliantly realised experience. The castle grounds in mario were ground breaking
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Astro is your Mario 64 moment and im insanely jealous

Dude, don’t be mad. It was ace, but completed it in a few hours and I’ll never play it again now. And MM isn’t drawing me in as it’s again more of the same and it’s not blown my socks off visually like I thought it would. It’s nothing, nothing like M64.
  • Astro on PSVR was comparable to a Mario 64 moment.
  • Astro PS5 is equivalent to mario 64 in that it’s basically a tech demo showing what the console can do with some decent platforming. I’d say the running in Mario is equal in magic to the sense combinations in Astro but obviously the latter is much less a fundamental part of the game.

Wii Sports is the purest magic moment for me because unlike Astro and Mario 64 it brought people into gaming in a ridiculous amount while I don’t think you can say that for Astro or 64.
  • A Mario 64 moment for me is just 'wow this is different and it works'.

Not convinced haptics would stretch as far as wow but the Astro VR stuff felt like a gamechanger to me (admittedly I'm not well up on VR and there may have been similarly impressive stuff available elsewhere).
  • Had my first bug today, my dad was over to help bring in a new chest of drawers for the kids room from their house (my parents look after the kids during the week so our ‘support bubble’ as it were) and he wanted to see the new ps5, so I thought I’d show off demons souls. I popped the disc in, and it said ‘copy’ once again like when I first put it in. I clicked on copy as it wouldn’t let me play otherwise then proceeded to try copying data again so ran into an error code. I checked the storage and it was definitely copied across last time...

Then when I rebooted it said it had the digital version and would I like to switch to physical... weird so I just pressed yes and it black screened and rebooted the whole console, then came back with an error.

Not end of the world, after he left I ejected the disc, deleted the game from storage, and popped the disc in again where it is ‘copying’ and updating now. Am sure that will solve it, but reading up if you put a disc in and manually go to the ‘copy’ button it can mess up next time you try and play, apparently you have to reboot and make sure it does the copying bit automatically to avoid the bug... weird!
  • There’s a few bugs with the Ps5 which is surprising. Has anyone had the download bug?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not had the download bug and I've downloaded 9 games, a mix of PS5 and PS4. I've stayed away from external storage as I've heard issues with that. 

Only issues I've had is Demon's crashed once, but it was the same as a crash I've had on my PS4 games. The game restarted and I hadn't lost any progress.
  • I downloaded bugsnax.
  • I keep getting asked to set up my HDR.
  • I downloaded bugsnax.

Boom boom
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I keep getting asked to set up my HDR.

I got that once but not since. It’s really odd.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh Sackboy does have some harder levels hidden away. I've even like died and stuff. Hope it doesn't shit the bed towards the end but could conceivably eek up to an [8]. But suspect it'll remain a solid ish [7]. Higher if you like costumes n stuff.
  • Can I get a special shout out for this new PS5 media remote which is an utterly terrible travesty of a thing. What the fuck. I cannot believe I paid money for it. Why can't I just have a d-pad FFS...

16059774540831812458872292021519.jpg

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That is the ps5 official remote?
  • What if you don't have disney+?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Astro on PSVR was comparable to a Mario 64 moment.

Moot talking sense yet again.  Astro VR has been my standout moment of the last gen.
  • Kow wrote:
    That is the ps5 official remote?

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You're supposed to pay extra for that thing?
  • But if you knew it didn't have a d-pad before buying... Umm... Why did you buy it?
  • ...I’ll be honest I love that little remote, the big ol’ buttons for Disney and Netflix help a lot. The kids rarely bother us when they want to watch a Disney film now, they know to just press the button and use the giant arrows!

I mean it’s perfectly functional, just yeah it’s a cheapo thing and the arrows for any grown up are awful. BUT great for a 3 and 6 year old. 10/10
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tried out the audio in the Sony Gold headphones.

Demons Souls was ok but not amazing. But Astro was great. Lot of little details can be picked up very clearly. Still think I’ll stick with surround sound as I’m not a fan of hot ears while gaming.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Hey Escape - I'm still playing that guitar I got from you years ago :)

The cheese slicer! Though I suppose with gentler strings it plays a tune without Captain Quint hands?

Tried playing Lily Was Here, but only got as far as a bit of Enjoy the Silence.
  • But if you knew it didn't have a d-pad before buying... Umm... Why did you buy it?

Well I didn't know. I just ordered it at the time of pre ordering thinking it would be a decent Sony device and the media support might be quite good on their next gen machine. This thing is just terrible. Cheap and light, with the worst navigational input layout I've ever seen for anything ever. Good luck trying to browse media in the dark lol, you just blindly stab it and hope it's the right button. It's just shit all round.
  • ...I’ll be honest I love that little remote, the big ol’ buttons for Disney and Netflix help a lot. The kids rarely bother us when they want to watch a Disney film now, they know to just press the button and use the giant arrows!

I mean it’s perfectly functional, just yeah it’s a cheapo thing and the arrows for any grown up are awful. BUT great for a 3 and 6 year old. 10/10

It is the high margin product strategy to recoup hardware losses on the PS5. Clever buggers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!