regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I would take it at face value but you can make £¥€$¥£€ on ebay if you want to venture into that hole.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Absolutely loving Ghost of Tsushima by the way (sorry Uncle).

Great combat that has you constantly balancing between swift victory and defeat, you can't take much punishment but neither can they, as it should be. It looks gorgeous too, the mist is up there with RDR2. Only bugbears so far is the Jin's family crest on his sword being the fast forward symbol and some unfortunate clipping on the travellers outfit I'm wearing. The fucking belt is always popping through the cape, I hate stuff like that.

Still early days, but I'm really enjoying just strolling about the map. The horse will come in handy later on when I'm having to cover old ground because I'm not going to be using the fast travel.
  • (edit for context - Bugsnax:) Sounds absolutely shite
    It’s made by a small team. If you have loads of patience I think it’s very good. I wish there was a fast travel or infinite ammo and the game would be great. The interactions and so on in each biome are fun and all the animals are super cute.

I'm quite enjoying Bugsnax to be honest.  It feels like a slightly ridiculous game to be playing on a shiny NextGen machine, but it's an entertaining little thing.  A kind of free roaming Pokemon Snap, with added cutesy body horror.

I'd agree that fast travel would be nice, but I've not really had the running out of ammo problem, in so much as there's usually either more near by, or another way to solve the puzzle.  In fact it's that latter aspect that I'm enjoying most - there's clearly an intended way to capture each bug, but it's loose enough to let you experiment and produce your own solutions.  Whenever I decide to try something stupid it usually pays off.  (Currently I am experimenting with a flaming hamster ball).  

I'm not sure I find it as funny as the authors would clearly like me to, but conversely I love the inherently disturbing conceit of the whole thing, and the fact that's it's mostly played as if changing your limbs into hot dogs is a perfectly normal thing - but with the occasional acknowledgement that, actually, this is all very messed up.

Visually it's incredibly basic, and the main character design is terrible - but it runs smoothly, the Snax themselves are sometimes ingenious, and there's some gentle but effective usage of the new controller. 

I would never have bought the game in its own right, and it's not going to blow anyone away,  but so far at least it's an enjoyable little yarn, and I'm glad it popped up as a freebie.
  • Id say Im looking at Q1 for my ps5 :( 
    Having the 270 to use in gamestop is a balls. All my eggs in one basket.  But at least Sony have dispatched my PSVR adaptor. Bah. Shower o gowls all you guys with the ps5! *spits*
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I'm giving up on everywhere except Amazon too, the morning of hitting F5 while all the websites melted took a chunk out of my soul.
  • I've been told it could be post-New Year before any turn up here. Still vaguely hoping for Xmas.
  • This reminded me to order the VR dongle though, which I've now done.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A start would be eBay and other similar sites banning the sale of new consoles until a month after launch and Christmas.
  • I think most PS5s for resale at the moment appear to be from people with just the one to sell. I'd imagine they bought with the intention to keep, but find the resale value hard to turn down.
  • One guy has 2000 of them and there are currently 4000 listings on eBay. 
    I was gonna shrug but that's not on.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s wrote:
    A start would be eBay and other similar sites banning the sale of new consoles until a month after launch and Christmas.

Would help, but I'd imagine they're unlikely to want to relinquish the traffic it brings to their sites. I suspect Sony themselves, or some sort of formal legislation would need to be brought in to stop this unfortunately.
  • If eBay could find a way to get him stuck with 2000 that’d be fucking hilarious.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think in the first round of Xbox Series X some people were bidding then not following through with the purchase to piss em off.
  • I’ve had a quick look around but can’t find these videos that are supposed to help you when you’re playing certain games, I’ve not needed any yet for Demons Souls but where would they be?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I think in the first round of Xbox Series X some people were bidding then not following through with the purchase to piss em off.

:D
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I’ve had a quick look around but can’t find these videos that are supposed to help you when you’re playing certain games, I’ve not needed any yet for Demons Souls but where would they be?

Don’t you press the PS button and it brings up the options along the bottom? Guides or some such are there.
    Not had much time on the PS5 as I’m plowing through Star Wars on gp but I’m pretty certain it’s to do with pressing the PS button. You also need PSplus to access these.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I’ve had a quick look around but can’t find these videos that are supposed to help you when you’re playing certain games, I’ve not needed any yet for Demons Souls but where would they be?

I’ve just taken a look. It’s not that intuitive. Select hour in progress card. The first one. Then select objectives with the PS Plus icon. Then the hints show.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Completed Sackboy Big Adventure.  Hmm.  Didn't really get any better, and the end game has slightly shat the bed, so probably a weak-ish [7] that might even be a harsh six but for ooh shiny / speedy loading.  Expect co-op could boost that slightly though.

End terms of end-game collection bollocks:
    Spoiler:
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A proper run from classy players who don't have the skills to glitch!

(I lost a couple of tenths trying to sneak past that box riiight on the ledge, which I don't think is possible.)
  • Kernowgaz wrote:

You need a psplus sub for the help vids.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:

You need a psplus sub for the help vids.

I’ve got ps+ on that account now, haven’t needed it but would be nice to know where they are.
  • Astro head to head stuff looks great, are there many of those sort of mini stages?  Is that a simultaneous online Vs mode or two separate runs dropped into one video?
  • Aces review has confirmed my decision to sack off sack boy. My issues with it feel like they stay the same or get worse.
  • Really enjoyed the 2 levels of Astro Bot, now to set up the VR Headset and play more of the that.

The Haptic feedback was good but couldn’t really tell if it felt different when I walked over different materials apart from the skating which was brilliant, for me I think it’s subliminal because you can hear the sound coming from the speaker to tell you what material you’re walking on.

My Adaptive Triggers weren’t as loud as Sparky’s but they felt harder to pull in the jump suit thing. Could be used in interesting ways if not being overdone.

There’s lots Easter eggs which were funny, my favourite was
    Spoiler:
    some I don’t who they’re supposed to be.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    I think most PS5s for resale at the moment appear to be from people with just the one to sell. I'd imagine they bought with the intention to keep, but find the resale value hard to turn down.

Where is the guy with 2000?!

Genuinely interested to see as that would mean he had to outlay somewhere in the region of £900,000 in order to secure those orders.

It's not the best investment strategy I can think of.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    drumbeg wrote:
    I think most PS5s for resale at the moment appear to be from people with just the one to sell. I'd imagine they bought with the intention to keep, but find the resale value hard to turn down.

Where is the guy with 2000?!

Genuinely interested to see as that would mean he had to outlay somewhere in the region of £900,000 in order to secure those orders.

It's not the best investment strategy I can think of.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-xbox-series-x-scalpers-sneaker-culture?sf133231545=1
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuckin Ace
  • This reminds me that I need to sell my Yeezy's.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!