Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • *puts on shades*
    *flips up collar*

Well my xboz media remote has motion-sensor back-lit buttons so that's you and yer console completely fucked then

*does a kickflip*
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    With one post, Gav ignited the last console war.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • o/

F5fEFN8.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Me specials ops with my night vision Xbox remote, calling in Gav as backup, then g rappels in snapping necks.

The war is over boys. We can all go home.
  • Now there's a thing I have. With nice lights on it.

I bet that works fine eh G
  • Bet that launches 4oD just fine for ya...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    So one more thing that needs a bit of a patching then... is the waaaaay overblown HDR on some older? generally? possibly? games that are completely buggered by the standard PS5 OS setup on a fancy dancy new 2020 4k telly that does HDR, 120, ALLM (still not in), VRR (still not in), full bandwidth HDMI 2.1 (still not in) etc etc.

Case in most pressing point for me being the PS5 version of No Mans Sky. I think it's been my most played PS5 game so far perhaps? It is amazing and luvveryly and nice. I've played it on PS4 on launch weand then on PC and Oculus VR way back when on my PC so the faster loading and longer draw distances aren't exactly revolutionary per se but they've been fiddling and improving the thing so much since I gave it a hammering around launch that it's great just to dig in again and go exploring. Like comfy shoes with a really nice bit o' polish for me.  Lots to see and do still.

The problem it seems is that it's HDR implementation is currently totally borked. 
    If you leave the PS5 HDR system option to 'automatic' at the minute it essentially seems to just apply HDR to everything that runs to avoid the TV screen doing that blink to black and change mode between HDR and SDR for stuff that needs it. The PS4 handled it fine really and from memory was only Gran Turismo Sport that memorably flicked my telly into HDR mode every time it launched. That may be because the main game I have been playing leading up to the PS5 launch was bombing around the weekly tracks on GT.. 
    Nae great beef though and it would switch back for the cross media bar? PS4 home screen? Maybe? I think? This is all getting a bit hazy.. 

Anyway.. the problem is that NMS is blindingly bright on all the lighting unless you go and turn the HDR off entirely in the PS5 system settings. I thought the crazy second world I was spending time in just had bonkers solar effects to go with the freezing nightime weather and barmy reddy/purple environmental haze. No.. no it doesn't now that I've nixxed the HDR. It's back to looking 4k 60 bootiful, with a far more manageable reddy/purple environmental haze.. 

I saw that Sony were potentially? hopefully? going to get the VRR added sooner rather than later which will be nice for when I may get around to getting AssCrud Silly Pointy Hat. I'm not entirely sure if Sean Murray is the man to fix this one and make HDR work nice with the PS5 version of NMS or whether Sony need to make their "force HDR on 'erryting" big plan to  actually be a bit smarter and stuff. 

This PS5 OS needs a good few stability and update patches folks, in case you hadn't heard yet...

Edit: The NMS haptic additions are nice too. Launch thrusters have a nice trigger tickle etc etc. If you've not had a crack and have it sat there for aa free update from a PS4 version give it a smash. Making sure you're playing the sodding PS5 version is also a bit of a load of old bollocks of course. It went through that thing of downloading the PS4 version.. then I had to try to dig out the free PS5 upgrade (a whole new entire version of course) then go into the system settings to go delete the pointless memory waste of the PS4 version.. 
    Stick all that crap onto the steaming long list of things that need fixing Sony. 
    *Picard faceplam *
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep I had that light bloom issue. But I’ve also got terrible texture pop in. I’ve made sure I’ve got the right version installed. Apart from loading speed I’m not finding it that great.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Fair do's Boris. 

I think I remember a touch of pop in on the PC version. It's still NMS at the end of the day for me. The highs outweigh the lows I reckon. 

Have we done the new ps5 system game clock history thing yet? This is a safe space right?? 

Now worryingly, there's a lot to give one reflection in this list of course but the main cold fear of the Destinies.. I think are quite indicative of my thoughts on the downhill descent of franchise. 4,661 hours clocked up on the fantastic original genre defining masterpiece of Destiny 1. 

Then.. just ticked over 900 for the hot garbage that D2 launched at and circled the plughole with to finally end up at the open sewer of shite that Destiny 2 is now at. IMHO *winky smiley * etc etc
     Very much time to cut that noose round yer neck there Bungle and use that sweet Chinese cash injection on something... anything.. new ferrcrissakes.  All the good folks there must be working on their big new IP right? I hear the New Light bollocks ain't all that unless you're really very much still in full scratching addict mode, slim pickings, entirely broken new freeze mode crap, even further diminishing returns etc etc. 

I wouldn't say that D2 is a quarter as good as D1 personally. Not even close.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Yeah I was very surprised to see that I had spent 55 hours or so on destiny 2. Never got on with it, but that’s still a good chunk of time.

Less surprised to see I spent over 650 hours on Destiny 1. Can’t imagine I’ve ever actually spent that amount of time on any game before in my life!
  • Put stupid hours into D2 and had fun but...it’s a glorified chat room for me. A good chat room but by god is that gameplay loop dull when there’s no one there shouting abuse at you.
  • Bet that launches 4oD just fine for ya...
    hahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Finished Spider-Man -uh -this morning and I think it was okay.

You can tell a lot of the game was padding because for any action X you had to do you had to do it 3 times. Or if you clean out a base there must be 30 baddies - this is really annoying because you have a choice: sweep them aggressively but risk losing progress or take ages - It doesn’t encourage good play just cheesy play.

Additionally the story is a bit of a mishmash of all to sudden upsurges in anger and the familiar single acts of redemption.

I wish I only got the plain one because my desire to play normal Spider-Man is a bit low. I think I’ve got what I want from Spider-Man until they work on their d design model a bit more.
  • Says it’s about 7/8 hours long? That about right? Not drawn to it at the moment but might just get into it and get it done whilst it’s value is still high.
  • It depends on if you do the side missions. I think it will played it over about 3 days and would be closer to 15.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm gonna play the of remaster first I think. And save MM for a couple of months later when I've recovered from ODing
  • It depends on if you do the side missions. I think it will played it over about 3 days and would be closer to 15.

Hmm this is making me think of just getting it for ps4 rather than waiting it out until I get a ps5
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Playing PS5 on a Game Boy Micro.

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I want to get Miles Morales but will wait till it’s below £40, 7-8 hours is a joke for £50. Once I get it I’ll get the remastered version as well
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • MattyJ wrote:
    It depends on if you do the side missions. I think it will played it over about 3 days and would be closer to 15.

Hmm this is making me think of just getting it for ps4 rather than waiting it out until I get a ps5

If you really, really wanna play it then just get it for the 4. Definitely hasn’t blown me away visually, and doesn’t seem to make much use of the DualSense, though I’ve only played an hour or so. Just feels very much like more of the exact same. No bad thing I suppose, just got no massive desire to play it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I want to get Miles Morales but will wait till it’s below £40, 7-8 hours is a joke for £50. Once I get it I’ll get the remastered version as well

Given over got the remaster to play digitally, can lend the MM disc while I'm playing that? Will want it back, but if you just fancy a one-and-done then hit me up. #SwapClubDreamTeam
  • That’s great thanks, thank you. Can I then buy Spiderman Remasterd and play it without the disc?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    It depends on if you do the side missions. I think it will played it over about 3 days and would be closer to 15.

If you really, really wanna play it then just get it for the 4. Definitely hasn’t blown me away visually, and doesn’t seem to make much use of the DualSense, though I’ve only played an hour or so. Just feels very much like more of the exact same. No bad thing I suppose, just got no massive desire to play it.

Fuck me it's £50. Thought the ps4 one was basically dlc and so cheaper, apparently not! I'll hold off
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Anybody else setting up their PS5 as their primary media player? I'm running up against all sorts of issues. Mainly Plex won't recognise my server on it. Driving me mental. Also a lack of iPlayer.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    That’s great thanks, thank you. Can I then buy Spiderman Remasterd and play it without the disc?
    I don't think there's a way to get the remaster, except by buying moran edition. At least atm.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    That’s great thanks, thank you. Can I then buy Spiderman Remasterd and play it without the disc?
    I don't think there's a way to get the remaster, except by buying moran edition. At least atm.

You can pay a £20 upgrade if you have either the PS4 or Ps5 version of Miles Morales to get the Remastered version.

Even if I couldn’t upgrade, I’d be very grateful if I could borrow MM whilst you play the Remastered version
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

You can pay a £20 upgrade if you have either the PS4 or Ps5 version of Miles Morales to get the Remastered version.

Even if I couldn’t upgrade, I’d be very grateful if I could borrow MM whilst you play the Remastered version
    Ah ok. Even with the disk, or digital only? Give it a go while you have it I guess, if it might work! And yeah, PM me your addy...
  • I’ve PM’d you Muzzy, thanks again.
  • Anybody else setting up their PS5 as their primary media player? I'm running up against all sorts of issues. Mainly Plex won't recognise my server on it. Driving me mental. Also a lack of iPlayer.
    Cant help with PS5 but there is no iPlayer on Xbox X/S either.
    God knows why.
  • I don’t think you can play the ORiginal Spider-Man if you don’t have the miles morales disc in the console. It’s an app inside the game so I think you need the MM disc just to boot to the menu.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!