Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • Everything.... For a month.... Not one of those everything's developed for said console.... WIN!
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Everything.... For a month.... Not one of those everything's developed for said console.... WIN!

Hey, let's not worry about the details here sonny boy.

SFV - reddave360
  • I_R wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    When the fuck are they gonna announce price this is getting mad now. Surely they need to start taking pre orders???
    The price of these bad boys has to be eye-watering for it to not be revealed at this point.
    I'm not optimistic, but the wait might be because neither of them want to announce and then be undercut. For how terrible the xbox 1 launch was, forcing people to pay for Kinect was the real sin. That higher price was a disaster.
    It’s a good point but I don’t think, given the component cost of these monsters, that they’ve got that much give anyway. They won’t want to make a loss and I don’t think the economy is any shape for them to make much margin.

I think £650 will buy you a next-gen console, a controller, and about 100gb of system updates and last gen content.
  • I assumed I'd go straight in with a PS5 as my PS4 has been dead for a while but £650 would be a lolno.
  • The pads are going to be ridiculously expensive too, aren't they? I like the look of Sackboy Adventures(?) for co-op but thinking about it the experience would probably cost me £110 on top of the price of the console.
  • The pads are the best bit of a playstation. I spent close to 650 probably on shite from xbox, scuf, et all. In the end the little gizmo on my original PS4 pad is the shiz
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My biggest purchase was (of course) the fucking wiiu, where premium ZombiU edition, extra pro pad,charging cradle, Nintendoland, Tekken Tag 2, Assassins Creed 3, Batman and something else completely took me like £600.

Fffuucckk that.
  • Pretty certain my biggest console purchase was ps3 fatty boi, with resistance fall of man and motor storm. Can't rember the price but I think it was around 650 or higher.

I was young, single and flush with cash. So wish I'd saved more of that cash.
    SFV - reddave360
  • monkey wrote:
    When the fuck are they gonna announce price this is getting mad now. Surely they need to start taking pre orders???
    The price of these bad boys has to be eye-watering for it to not be revealed at this point.

Isn't more a case of who'll blink first? 

Ideally MS would like Sony to go first and they'll either undercut it slightly or match it, and maybe chuck in some months of Ultimate. If Sony hold out and MS are forced to announce then I bet it'll be provocatively cheap. It's like a monster-billion dollar game of chicken.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Pretty certain my biggest console purchase was ps3 fatty boi, with resistance fall of man and motor storm. Can't rember the price but I think it was around 650 or higher.

I was young, single and flush with cash. So wish I'd saved more of that cash.

Same, I think I was at around the 550 mark for a PS3 and those two games.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think mine was the same Bone deal Gonz got with Titanfall. Was a decent discount but still over £400.

Do I wait for a discount this time or go full mental day one?
  • No one wants to pull the trigger on price first. That way they can't be undercut.

My guess is that M$ will use their deep pockets to pay you £50 to take one.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Now that I’ve said it, 650 does seem unrealistic.
  • I can see £499 being a thing, but MS has the advantage of a tiered structure. I don't think MS will massively undercut Sony because I doubt they care that much how many they sell as long as the subscription service numbers go up across combined platforms.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think mine was the same Bone deal Gonz got with Titanfall. Was a decent discount but still over £400.

Fucking hell it was £370 Gonz. What a bargain.

PS4 was cheap as chips too at £350 with Bloodborne and TLOU remastered.
  • Can't be that long before MS bow out of hardware altogether can it? Maybe licence it out to third parties while concentrating on the cloud stuff. They've maybe got one more gen after this I reckon.
  • Do we know what ports the X series will have? It'll be interesting to see if they include a displayport.
  • I think mine was the same Bone deal Gonz got with Titanfall. Was a decent discount but still over £400.

Fucking hell it was £370 Gonz. What a bargain.

PS4 was cheap as chips too at £350 with Bloodborne and TLOU remastered.

Shame I also bought a Titanfall headset that broke after 4 weeks

• Do we know what ports the X series will have? It'll be interesting to see if they include a displayport.

We had photos of the back of a prototype.

ky0Lpfl.jpg

No Displayport.

HDMI 2.1, three USB 3.2 ports (one on the front), Optical out, Ethernet, a mysterious ‘expanded storage slot’ and a power input.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    My biggest purchase was (of course) the fucking wiiu, where premium ZombiU edition, extra pro pad,charging cradle, Nintendoland, Tekken Tag 2, Assassins Creed 3, Batman and something else completely took me like £600.

Fffuucckk that.

Pre-release premium amirite aiiii
  • poprock wrote:
    Do we know what ports the X series will have? It'll be interesting to see if they include a displayport.

We had photos of the back of a prototype.

ky0Lpfl.jpg

No Displayport.

HDMI 2.1, three USB 3.2 ports (one on the front), Optical out, Ethernet, a mysterious ‘expanded storage slot’ and a power input.

Thought they’d confirmed no optical out?

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Why would they include a Displayport?
  • No HDMI in for my TV? But that's why I got my bone!!!

Seriously, does anyone ever do that?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Thought they’d confirmed no optical out?

I think you’re right, but there’s one in that prototype photo, isn’t there?
  • Why would they include a Displayport?

Third party peripherals like VR. They were involved with the Reverb 2 production which has been confirmed as the first hmd to support MSFS.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ain’t no way the PS5 is costing £650. £550 tops but I’ll guess if they hit £499 and £449 disc less. They are planning to sell 120m of these. You don’t do that at £650 rrp. The fact that they have doubled their production for launch should indicate they aren’t worried about the price.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Ain’t no way the PS5 is costing £650. £550 tops but I’ll guess if they hit £499 and £449 disc less. They are planning to sell 120m of these. You don’t do that at £650 rrp. The fact that they have doubled their production for launch should indicate they aren’t worried about the price.

They’ll sell the first batch regardless of price
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • £400 for discless PS4, £500 for Full Phat I reckon.
  • PS5 will be under £500, or I’ll eat my hat (and yours too).
  • £400 for discless PS4, £500 for Full Phat I reckon.

This. And £350 / £500 for the Xboxes I reckon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!