Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • The PS5 has a T1000 terminator in it!!

Patent just released states the system uses liquid metal cooling heat sink.

That cool
    PSN - minkymu
  • I honestly might get me one of these instead of a series x. The design, mad as it is is defo not bland, the controller haptics sound amazing, and it might actually have some next gen games day 1.

I have been team xbox since day 1, my one ps4 broke after 11 months, i have gamepass ultimate but if i buy an x what do i play on it?

Most of the forum are on my xbox not playstation friends list but fuck it i might switch.

I can afford both machines but only have the time for one.
    PSN - minkymu
  • I wont be bothering early doors but I can see the appeal of picking up a PS5 and keeping GP going on a current gen Xbox.
    That seems the best of both worlds right now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    The PS5 has a T1000 terminator in it!!

Parent just released states the system uses liquid metal cooling heat sink.

That cool

Your ma or your da?
  • Im much more of an xbox fan but if I was to pick a console to go first day on, it would be the ps5. X Box is pushing on the gamepass thing and thats fine - I have an Bone S and I have a decent laptop for gaming on. That will keep me good for the first year and I can play (as Minkymu said) proper next gen titles.

Although I'm unlikely to buy anything this year. Thanks Covid / Recession/ Brexit....
    SFV - reddave360
  • How's the restaurant doing?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • How's the restaurant doing?

Its not. We've stayed closed as we dont want to open just to lose money. Dublin has been hit harder than anywhere in Ireland really. We've focused on external sales (making stuff for other companies) and we have a takeaway unit running from our production kitchen which is keeping us ticking along. 

But we've gone from 47 staff in March to 10 working with another 15 on the PUP (Ireland Furlough scheme) and I'm in the process of working through their redundancies. Its a dark time but we hope we can keep ourselves afloat to rebuild in Summer 2021, although I feel it will be a vastly different Dublin regardless of vacines.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ah shit. Sorry man. Having done it myself I still know a few folk in the trade and they're all reporting similar things. The end of furlough is going to be grim indeed.
  • Ah shit. Sorry man. Having done it myself I still know a few folk in the trade and they're all reporting similar things. The end of furlough is going to be grim indeed.

Thankfully we are at a break even point, at least in terms of current operation. If nothing changes, I think we can hold out until next summer and start back. But as I said in other posts, I dont know if we ever go back to how things were. 

I do worry what will happen when most of the supports finish up over here in March / April. There will be a lot of people who will be out of work and will move to Jobseekers. I'm hoping the governement can push the benefits until the summer and then (vaccine permitting) business should be in a position to bring some of them back. But I know some places definitely wont come back. Its not just the covid restrictions. Its not even the loss of tourism on such a scale. The change in the office work place could be the biggest difference maker for many restaurants and coffee shops.
    SFV - reddave360
  • There's so many things working against you. Like you say Tourism and office footfall, but also the psychological impact this had had on some people. Many will be keen to get back to normal but a significant amount will not, and the the younger ones who are likely less damaged by this who want to get out likely don't have the cash to spend.
  • Hugs.
  • Cheers. I think I'm lucky though, I've developed skills that I can transfer to other roles and if nothing else, I've never been afraid to take shit jobs to get by. I'm also lucky that this recession (compared to 2008) Myself and my wife now work in different industries and she has done quite well in hers so the pressure on my being the main earner is less. Not everyone will be so lucky. I'm also probably ok until March of next year employment wise. 

Trying to think of the next thing to move into is tricky but I think it is time I changed career. Suggestions on a postcard please.

EDIT: Just realise this is quite the de-rail. So back to the PS5 and CHECK OUT THEM FLAPS BABY!
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yes enough derailing, I'm really looking forward to Sony VR stuff.
    Spoiler:
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Because the lack of a light on the PS5 pad, I've got a tingling that any new PSVR will be wireless and use streaming software similar to 'Virtual Desktop'. If the Quest can do it...
    Just speculation, but a game changer if so.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • They'll hopefully get wireless with some cool workaround but I can't see them streaming quite like Virtual Desktop - I tried it on the Quest and it was impressive they'd managed to do so much but there was noticable delay and that's coming from an old guy who now needs reading glasses. 

It's fine for a VR veteran but it'd make too many people sick. If they're targeting 90 fps + and a decent fov I can't see how they'll manage it but you never know. The wireless rumours don't seem to be going away so maybers.
  • Actually, if they've got eye-tracking and foveated rendering then they could deffo go down that route. Might be expensive but Sony could do the hardware for sure.
  • Have Sony deepened their pockets? Game changer if so.
    SFV - reddave360
  • They're in the best position to price it well just because of their expert hardware divisions - manufacture, panels, audio etc. They have the clout to make it cheapish and make it well. I don't think they'll sell at a loss because there's no competition from MS.
  • If they sold it for around £500 and £500 for the console I might be in.
  • Their divisions that cant even organise to have a TV on the market that supports all features of their console at launch.
  • Yep thats tv thing is a shit show. Essentially the new Sony master series oled is the same panel as the LG cx model but with Sonys own image processing, yet doesn’t supprt vrr or full 2.1 hdmi yet if ever.

Weird decision given the lg does
    PSN - minkymu
  • Tbf the non oled Sony backlight array led 950 series doesn’t have full hdmi 2.1 support yet but at least thats due in an update at some unspecified time
    PSN - minkymu
  • What's vrr?
  • Variable refresh rate
    PSN - minkymu
  • I'll look that up.
  • Is it like G sync?
  • If you want the best gaming experience possible, then you probably will want to consider upgrading a TV to one with HDMI 2.1 and VRR support. As most PC gamers will know well, frame rate typically varies throughout a game, due to the constant changes. When these changes occur, it can result in lag, judder and frame tearing, and the reason for this is that TVs are not the best at responding to frame rate changes - with their attempts often little more than a best-guess. This can (and usually does) massively impact on the gaming experience and some games are affected more than others. With HDMI 2.1 and VRR, that’s no longer an issue considering the information being sent by the GPU to the display is synced. In other words, a TV with HDMI 2.1 and VRR support is able to accurately adjust (in real time) to match exactly what the GPU is rendering, resulting in smoother gameplay overall.

PC monitors have had it wthout HDMI for ages now, GSync and Freesync/adaptive refresh, you should go for the free non-Nvidia tax version these days. Makes a big difference by removing tearing, a lot of judder, and effectively lowers input latency.
  • Yeah that Nvidia tax kind of put me off back in the day.
  • Just use my now TV for lots of stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!