Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I got an Amazon pre-order in just now.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-5-Console/dp/B08H95Y452/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=playstation+5&qid=1600330034&sr=8-3

Might bail nearer the time, but at least it's the option...
  • When I click it’s just taking me back to the start
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm.  Works ok on my PC but not on my phone.  I guess just search in the search bar, it is there!  Unless it's some Prime Customers Only nonsense, but that's likely FUD.
  • I think it was an iPhone thing. Managed on my PC
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I paid £90 for the Switch remaster of Wii game Xenoblade Chronicles and got 135 hours of entertainment out of it - so kinda crazy expensive but also kinda not? It will be interesting to see how 8-12 releases would do at £70 but maybe no-one would dare, especially as padding is very popular these days.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Not being locked into a purchase is the real benefit for me. I bought Tony Hawks for £32.99 (I think) from Shopto, and I've already pre-sold it to hodge for £25. I've 'finished it' now too, as much as I fancy anyway, so I've rented a top game for £8 and hodge gets a cheap new release two weeks late. Pretty sure that would've been £50 or somehing for each of us on the Xbox dash. I'm not really preaching or saying 'follow my methods!', but that's what works for me. I haven't traded since the PS2 gen, but selling, lending or gifting appeals.
    Raiziel wrote:
    I just see this gen as the last one to use physical media.  I go digital now and I don’t lose my games when moving to whatever’s next (assuming games are forward compatible).  Also, I never trade in my games.
    Moot is keeping Raz's prices down. Raz is putting upwards pressure on Moot's.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I paid £90 for the Switch remaster of Wii game Xenoblade Chronicles and got 135 hours of entertainment out of it - so kinda crazy expensive but also kinda not? It will be interesting to see how 8-12 releases would do at £70 but maybe no-one would dare, especially as padding is very popular these days.

It’s a weird ratio because if you rationalise it too much F2P games would be the best ever.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Thing is, there will be very few games I’ll pay top whack for.  I’m a lot more patient these days, so will more often than not wait to pick something up in a sale.
    Get schwifty.
  • Also thanks for the Amazon link! Was surprisingly painless compared to game.

Will buy all the accessories and so on from there.
  • Game's website only says you can preorder in store currently
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Y
    Raiziel wrote:
    Thing is, there will be very few games I’ll pay top whack for.  I’m a lot more patient these days, so will more often than not wait to pick something up in a sale.

I wonder if games will lean more into fomo now.

Something like fall guys which was a zeitgeisty game but AAA is more likely to justify the £70 than a story game.

• acemuzzy wrote:
    I got an Amazon pre-order in just now.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-5-Console/dp/B08H95Y452/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=playstation+5&qid=1600330034&sr=8-3

Might bail nearer the time, but at least it's the option...

Weirdly I can add the preorder to my basket but not complete on phone. Weird.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Just pre-ordered in store. That and Spidey. Just ‘DLC’ not remaster. Everyone behind me in the queue was told they’re out and they’ll have to wait on a phone call manager dude has gone to make. People outside since 05:00. Pre order was only a tenner which I thought was quite low.
  • It's a lost war. Or maybe just the terrain is changing a bit. This will be the last gen with disks. But disks are one of the small pieces of control the consumer has, at an individual level, over the price paid for a console game. Anything that takes competition out of the system will be exploited by Sony & MS. If the last gen had been diskless, they'd be charging more than £70 now. They've got you either way with these boxes. You want the ability to shop around on price? Fine but that's an extra £100 up front thanks.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Can't you usually get cheap cd keys from other digital retailers after a month or two for digital games?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Just pre-ordered in store. That and Spidey. Just ‘DLC’ not remaster. Everyone behind me in the queue was told they’re out and they’ll have to wait on a phone call manager dude has gone to make. People outside since 05:00. Pre order was only a tenner which I thought was quite low.

qWw49oa.gif
  • Argos will take preorders on Friday (tomorrow) probably 9am
  • Not sure how I talked myself into pre-ordering a PS5, but I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. I think I'll pony up for the PS5 up front (by selling some games) and then do a Series X on finance. The Series X will have one week to assert its dominance in my household.
  • monkey wrote:
    It's a lost war. Or maybe just the terrain is changing a bit. This will be the last gen with disks. But disks are one of the small pieces of control the consumer has, at an individual level, over the price paid for a console game. Anything that takes competition out of the system will be exploited by Sony & MS. If the last gen had been diskless, they'd be charging more than £70 now. They've got you either way with these boxes. You want the ability to shop around on price? Fine but that's an extra £100 up front thanks.

Or people buy less because they become too expensive? Or they migrate to PC through Steam or android if the pricing is better?

The PC market must be strong competition at this point and while MS and Sony might make extra off some people paying full whack if they hit the consumer too much in the pocket, people will look elsewhere for their gaming fix.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Just pre-ordered in store. That and Spidey. Just ‘DLC’ not remaster. Everyone behind me in the queue was told they’re out and they’ll have to wait on a phone call manager dude has gone to make. People outside since 05:00. Pre order was only a tenner which I thought was quite low.

qWw49oa.gif

Perfect. That is literally how I felt!
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Sorry not trying to single you out. The sale prices are for old games, that are now going for next to nothing on the 2nd hand market. So whatever you're squeezing out of that saving is again helped by that. 

I haven't seen any comments here that aren't common sense, 'this is what works for me'. It's all fair enough. I just like to beat this drum.
  • I am looking forward to the inevitable PS5 releases, but right now I can't wait to continue playing some PS4 games without having to put on headphones with the volume all the way up... Honestly I've cleaned my launch PS4 out multiple times and I still can't play it at night without maybe waking the kids because of the bloody fan. TLOU2 nearly peeled the paint off the wall behind it.

edit: I was going to buy a PS4 pro last year once it started randomly spitting discs out mid game, but decided to save it for the new one if it's Back compatible. I sure hope it plays Sekiro too...
  • I'm going to have to disagree here; long gone are the days where you could walk in to Sainsbury's and pick up the latest COD for £25 quid.

If you have to get at launch day, the best you usually can do is £5 cheaper than the PSN/Live price.  The last of us 2 is a good example.  I bought PSN bucks from cdkeys and managed to get it £7 cheaper than I could have got the disk.

Same goes with Tony Hawk - £33.99 from CDKeys (xBox).  It can be had for £33.99 from ShopTo, so no real saving there.

I got Tony Hawk from Tesco for £35
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

qWw49oa.gif

Running back to the car like:

0ca94c567eb2b5868beba716f550424f.gif
  • Can't you usually get cheap cd keys from other digital retailers after a month or two for digital games?
    I think that might be the first thing to go after disc drives disappear completely.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

qWw49oa.gif

Running back to the car like:

0ca94c567eb2b5868beba716f550424f.gif

You are on FIRE!!!!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Sorry not trying to single you out. The sale prices are for old games, that are now going for next to nothing on the 2nd hand market. So whatever you're squeezing out of that saving is again helped by that.  I haven't seen any comments here that aren't common sense, 'this is what works for me'. It's all fair enough. I just like to beat this drum.

No need to apologise; it’s all good.  I’ve always been a huge fan of physical media, I have a wall lined from top to bottom with all the games I’ve bought over the years.  So this is quite the turn around for me.  But I can see the way the wind’s blowing and I just want to get ahead of it.  Having said that, I will still buy physical on Switch.
    Get schwifty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I would say Nintendo is the one brand that never devalues. First party stuff is still the same price as launch. Sony first party games do drop a lot in price over time even their digital stuff.

And I’m expecting stuff that I’m unsure about to drop into Plus anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!