Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • This is the first Playstation console since the PS2 (DC was my boy) that I've not jumped in day 1. I did put one in my basket but decided I'll wait until at least GT 7 comes out to commit. Still twinging though.

There's really nothing on either that's tempting me in other than seeing the extra shinies on the Forza Horizon games and to be honest that shouldn't really be enough. But I'll be there on the 22nd preordering a Series X because I'm a sucker for new tech.

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Fucking twats Sony are. "We'll give plenty of time for preorders". Yeah right, dicks. Amazon, game, very and others sold out already.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Can’t see the point in jumping yet for me, going to wait on user-experience. RTX3070 instead.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    It's a lost war. Or maybe just the terrain is changing a bit. This will be the last gen with disks. But disks are one of the small pieces of control the consumer has, at an individual level, over the price paid for a console game. Anything that takes competition out of the system will be exploited by Sony & MS. If the last gen had been diskless, they'd be charging more than £70 now. They've got you either way with these boxes. You want the ability to shop around on price? Fine but that's an extra £100 up front thanks.
    Or people buy less because they become too expensive? Or they migrate to PC through Steam or android if the pricing is better? The PC market must be strong competition at this point and while MS and Sony might make extra off some people paying full whack if they hit the consumer too much in the pocket, people will look elsewhere for their gaming fix.
    PCs have their own problems. They're not going to be the simple solution for the COD, FIFA, GTA casual crowds. There's probably a lot of you can throw at some people before they think the solution is a gaming rig with all the attendant faff. They'd probably just knock gaming on the completely before that.
  • I am looking forward to the inevitable PS5 releases, but right now I can't wait to continue playing some PS4 games without having to put on headphones with the volume all the way up... Honestly I've cleaned my launch PS4 out multiple times and I still can't play it at night without maybe waking the kids because of the bloody fan. TLOU2 nearly peeled the paint off the wall behind it. edit: I was going to buy a PS4 pro last year once it started randomly spitting discs out mid game, but decided to save it for the new one if it's Back compatible. I sure hope it plays Sekiro too...

This is my situation too lol, my PS4 is ridiculously noisy. Keen to find out how quiet these new consoles are.
  • aVG3TFW.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    That's a great gif.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • The X should be pretty quiet, it isnt thrashing clock speeds and has a large fan and plenty of air circulation.
    The Series S, not sure, depends if it gets pushed hard but it appears to have a similar solution to the One S which is silent.

The PS5 we need to see the internals really but I can't see how a big fan would be workable, more likely lots of little ones at the top. Little fans are noisy. Hopefully they will release an exploded view at some point like MS have.
  • It looks like the disc one has been stabbed and it's got infected.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Just pre-ordered in store. That and Spidey. Just ‘DLC’ not remaster. Everyone behind me in the queue was told they’re out and they’ll have to wait on a phone call manager dude has gone to make. People outside since 05:00. Pre order was only a tenner which I thought was quite low.

Please tell me you told thos people in the queue how much you hate PlayStation and you're buying it to confirm how shit it is
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    £70 a game is a bit much.

Are they trying to keep the second hand market alive?
  • Nov 19th is also of course the release date of Cyberpunk 2077. So I guess the big new game to get for your new machine will be a PS4 game. Presumably it will at least run a bit better?
  • Anyway, I think I'll get a digital one, once they're actually available over here. Probably in the new year.

Later next year I'm going to need a new computer, so I'll get something that can at least play indie type games, and that will cover everything for a good while.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just had an email off The Game Collection who is registered with...

“EXCLUSIVE EARLY ACCESS
    SECURE YOUR PRE-ORDER NOW!”

Click link all out of stock.

Not so exclusive then.
  • Quite a balanced article on last nights showing here:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-17-ps5-is-a-surefire-hit-but-sonys-broken-promises-are-eroding-trust

And just for shits and giggles, here's one written by a Sony employee:
    https://www.techradar.com/news/ps5-looks-set-for-a-better-launch-than-xbox-series-x-heres-why

This is my favourite take:
    And, when presented with the choice between an Xbox Series X and a lack of exciting launch exclusives, but access to plenty of other games via Game Pass – or a PS5 with exciting launch exclusives and access to a myriad of top PS4 games through the new PlayStation Plus Collection – Sony has a pretty clear advantage.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That tech radar headline is pure click bait. It’s designed to bolster arguments on both sides. Fucking idiots.
  • Imagine if you can’t play horizon PS5 on a PS5 with a PS4 controller because it needs the dualsense controller (except if you play it on PS4)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That Eurogamer article hits it on the head. The main concern for me is stuff like could Horizon II be more of a game and is it being hobbled?
  • Dualsense controller now to be re-named the nonsense controller.
  • Why can't I link photos anymore!!!
    Nonse-sense
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    New worry: if PS6 is ONLY discless, what happens then? PS5 disc owners won't have back compatibility but digital-only folk will? Tables will be turned. Eek.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    That Eurogamer article hits it on the head. The main concern for me is stuff like could Horizon II be more of a game and is it being hobbled?

They compared it to Halo. Halo looked hobbled.
  • b0r1s wrote:

It's certainly interesting. Makes me think of the old days where a game would be out on multiple platforms and look and run different on them all. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. So how close do they want them both to be? I remember the launch of the Bone, it was getting a brand new Forza Horizon. Two, it was. But there was also a Xbox 360 version. And instead of the bone version being "hobbled" by the 360 limitations, it was (at the time) taking on all sort of new technical stuff, whilst the 360 version was essentially a different game altogether, made by another team (Sumo). Both were fucking amazing.

So I mean, either way isn't a bad thing. It'd just be good if they were a bit clearer about both consoles versions.
  • Good morning all.

Sold out you say?  Good.  That means I can't try and buy one.  Loose notes saved!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Do the notes say IOU, love Muzzy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So this suggests Miles Morales dues include the full remaster of the og game. Was that known?

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306329233652772864?s=19
  • Yeah, I think the plan was always to have multiple versions for the PS5, where you could either just buy the MM stuff on it's own, or splurge on the BIG BOY Edition with everything.
    Going to be a fucker for all the people who have already bought PS4 spidermans and then have to spring for just the overpriced MM bit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Scalpers making a mint on these, the cunts:

lhCqVjc.png
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Hate this shit
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    New worry: if PS6 is ONLY discless, what happens then? PS5 disc owners won't have back compatibility but digital-only folk will? Tables will be turned. Eek.
    By then u use the discs as makeshift ammo for some kind of disc-throwong gun to help you deal the zombies.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!