Hades
  • put it on god mode.
  • I've seen all I need to see. Asphodel is the worst second level in videogames. I never wanna see that shit again...
  • Roujin wrote:
    I'm not saying it isn't an extremely close run between most of the cast here for who you want to simp for.

It's like Dream Daddy in the Greek underworld. Dream Deity. Anyway, Skelly or bust.
  • Kaz with that Dom energy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Megara / Skelly would be the kinkiest shit.
  • Meg / Sisyphus is already pretty kink. To say nothing of Bouldy's involvement.
  • I took a short break then restarted the game from scratch a couple of weeks ago.  The idea was to pay attention to the story but I didn't end up enjoying that part of it (more it didn't capture my attention.  it seemed fine just not my cup of tea).  Didn't stop my overall enjoyment though!  It was just as much fun the second time.  Managed to get to the credits and will probably still dabble with a run from time to time, but I think I'm done for a while at least.  The obsessive playing is over anyway.  The Switch says it's 95 hours played which is a bit sobering, lol.  Second most played game on the system!

Never became a great player but found tempy's tips about shopping at every opportunity and how to effectively put together a doom build were particularly helpful and got me a few wins, so thanks for that tempy!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I still can't get a clear. Been trying all weekend. I honestly don't know how I'm going wrong.
  • I still can't get a clear. Been trying all weekend. I honestly don't know how I'm going wrong.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve only even made it past Theseus once...

Where are you dying? The first two levels should be trivial after a certain number of runs. Minotaur fight is situationally beatable and Hades himself is really tough if you’ve set up wrong.
  • Do you want me to record a run with your weapon of choice Chalice so you can maybe get an idea of where you might be going wrong?
    Where are you dying? The first two levels should be trivial after a certain number of runs. Minotaur fight is situationally beatable and Hades himself is really tough if you’ve set up wrong.

Especially as you level up your mirror and get those bonuses.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I still can't get a clear. Been trying all weekend. I honestly don't know how I'm going wrong.

Same. Old age kicking in bud. Time to call it a day ;)
  • Tempy wrote:
    Do you want me to record a run with your weapon of choice Chalice so you can maybe get an idea of where you might be going wrong?

Please mate that would be cool...

Theseus is the sticking point for me. I'm using most of my death defies there as he just seems to block everything I throw at him.

Some Styx chambers are hammering me too though, particularly the poison rats in the small chambers. Sometimes the whole floor is poison and it gets so hectic I can't keep track of anything and I just fizzle out. Poison is straight up bad in this game. It adds very little.

Hades himself seems beatable - I've got him to his second phase several times and I reckon he'll go down if I had more death defies left. . .
  • For Theseus I don’t bother trying to touch him until the Minotaur is dead. Then my priority is to avoid until he shoots his bow. Finally use area damage (lightning, Grenade in the gun) to chip away.
  • I usually get rid of Minotaur first but I find if I take my time too much on Theseus he just busts me up
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Got to Hades last night with the gun. Nearly there!
  • I usually get rid of Minotaur first but I find if I take my time too much on Theseus he just busts me up

For Thesius, once he does his call, just run away until it finishes, and then if you want to guarantee damage on him, stand far enough away from him that he throws his spear at you, when he recalls the spear he turns and walks away from you, and that's pretty much the only point he's vulnerable to attacks, so just dash in and unload whatever you can. When he stops walking he will turn back and raise his shield and you should have plenty of time to dash away before he throws the spear again or does his hand to hand attacks. 

Unless you have a decent dodge or deflect build or something and want to stand in his face and fight him while he does his big hand to hand sweeps.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yar, I tend to bait the throw and then attack while he retreats.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I tend to nuke him with dash boons
  • That’s a good shout - ares, Zeus and Poseidon boons probably all good shouts there. Dionysus too, if you have the build. I tend to default to Athena for dash, if I can get it, so tend not to use dash for damage.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you get a dash boon and the zeus dodge boon (ie dodge right before he attacks) you can seriously mess him up as you pass.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Do you want me to record a run with your weapon of choice Chalice so you can maybe get an idea of where you might be going wrong?
    Please mate that would be cool...

Hey so I did this. 0 Heat, Zagreus Sword, no post-game Trinkets or Companions used (had one equipped but they have no passives). Did a little view of the Mirror at the start so you can see how I have things set up.

Went Artemis cos sword is quick, but got given an Epic Cast which is good for floor clearing early on. Took most of the Chaos Boons I was offered, there usually big jumps in scaling. After getting Athena Dash it made sense to do Ares so I chose him as Trinket number two, cos Ares and Athena have a good Duo, plus I was lacking something on my attack. I could have gone Dionysis, Demeter or Aphrodite there, but I just quite like Doom on melee cos you only need one tap to guarantee bigger damage. I always go for the delayed Doom damage because the second upgrade from 60-100% is massive.

Build wasn't flashy, but the Dash/Special deflect combo, and the cast being a nice snipe made it a pretty simple pedestrian run through without really doing anything flashy. For Theseus I just pressured him. It's easy to do a quick dash behind him and batter in, plus i'd taken the Black Shawl for a very basic trinket for Area 3 & 4. I'd have taken something better, but you won't have unlocked it so I didn't want to use something useful for heat climbing in a video where I am demonstrating how to clear.

Any questions hit me up!

• Tempy with the good work.
  • Nice one Temp I'll devour that later. Had a few more promising runs. I've realised I was hardly using my cast which was hampering me.
  • Tempy the mad lad, actually did it. 

Re the casts - yeah those are super handy to remember. There's a mirror perk that stacks extra damage onto enemies who are currently hit with a cast and that can really add up. Especially if you have a status effect cast, like Aphrodite, or Dionysus as that makes it even easier to get your 2 status effect damage boost skill (also from the mirror) to get working.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • @Temps I've watched your run...

The kind of damage you're outputting on Hydra I've never seen, you were taking huge chunks out of his health bar there. You're also getting tons more epics than me, I've got the mirror perks maxed there and I don't get that many. I'm assuming that's because of the heat modifiers?

You also seem to be moving much faster than me at all times. Maybe the switch version runs slower? The crits you were proccing were huge I'm not sure how to get those numbers.

I've just had a wonder run I was sure was gonna get me my first clear with the shield. I was untouchable all the way to Styx until I got to The Vermin mini boss and I lost all my death defies to him and that was that. Properly frustrating and it's just cemented my opinion that Styx is a bag of poison wank.
  • I didn't have any heat modifiers on for that run (also, Heat is all negative modifiers, no positives) I turned 'em all off, so it's just mirror modifiers, I checked 'em at the start of the run if you want to know which I use, but basically it's bottom 4 green, rest of them are purple.

Damage against hydra was Aretmeis cast - it fat - which gives a +10% crit chance on cast, and the chaos boon which let me had 4 of them. Real quick. All throughout the run I also kept upgrading the Athena Special to do more damage cos it's good, and that was my main source of damage until I got the stacking Doom on my attack.

PC version might be faster than switch, but I also took the Hermes boon that gives you bonus move speed and sturdy after a dash which is really, really good. 

Tiny Vermin can be nasty in Styx, I used to only take mini boss rooms if I exhausted the three non-mini boss rooms, but now I tend to just go for them cos they're quicker. Tiny Vermin can still be tough though. Athena deflect stuff helps.
  • Also thinking back, my Sword is upgraded to level 5, which might be a big help. It increases attack speed.
  • Ah yeah I reckon that'll be it. My sword is only level 2. Just had another bow run with a Poseidon cast up to level 9 with the double pom upgrade. The highest I've ever upgraded anything. Useless. Got me nowhere. Poms seem like a waste of time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!