Hades
  • Sounds like you lads needs to get good eh

wink wink, say no more, say no more!
  • Haha, not really. If you like it, you like it, if don't, you don't. (Thought the wink wink stuff was obvious)

I don't think luck matters so much with builds though, else you wouldn't be able to reliably do subsequent wins and stuff as easily.
  • I’ve deffo had a run or two when I get fuck all, boon wise and it’s all kinda meh. But 9 times out of 10 for me, it’s about seeing what the early booms do and then building around that. Sometimes it’s about the main attack damage, sometimes it’s about building a super powerful special, often it involves curses etc.

Dunno, just find myself leaning into the boons. Not a guarantee of a fully “viable” obviously - last clear I had came with with zero deflect capability, which is sth I really like. But it was good enough.
  • I got up to the final boss yesterday with what I thought was a garbage build because nothing really gelled together. He beat me but it was fun to see that it didn't seem to matter if I'd maxed out something and was still worth persisting to get the items along the way.

I feel like maybe this isn't the game for you Chalice if you're not really enjoying it.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I got the credits yesterday (another absolute banger of a tune for the credits too)

Still absolutely love it, 100% nailed on GOTY for me, and probably a top 10 all timer.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Haha, not really. If you like it, you like it, if don't, you don't. (Thought the wink wink stuff was obvious)

I don't think luck matters so much with builds though, else you wouldn't be able to reliably do subsequent wins and stuff as easily.

Joke git good is even worse, you're tarred with the brush now. Oh dear oh dear.

I just can't bear going through the first few levels again. It's all very meh.

I jokingly put it in worst game of the year, but it might be the least favourite thing I have actually played all year.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Questor wrote:
    I got the credits yesterday (another absolute banger of a tune for the credits too)

Still absolutely love it, 100% nailed on GOTY for me, and probably a top 10 all timer.

I saw the end if my first two runs yesterday, almost back to back. Can reliably get to the final boss with two weapons so far (spear and gun) and have done both up to two heat (timer and alt boss). I've obviously not played much this year, nor will I likely get much more in before christmas, but at the moment it is top of the goty pile for myself as well, and unlikely that Yakuza 7 or Hyrule Warriors will top it - possibly only the former getting anywhere close.

Anyway, onto clear three...
  • I like the game but there are too many things about it that irritate. Mostly, it's the spammy nature of the abilities when you get beefed up a bit - much like Diablo 3, which was similar. I just end up spamming attack and dash everywhere to get through and not looking at enemy attacks at all because I can't make any of them out amidst the noise. It gets me through, but not enough to clear the last boss. I die and lose interest. People look forward to going back to the house to move the narrative along, whereas that part just gets in the way of a good rogue like for me.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Questor wrote:

I saw the end if my first two runs yesterday, almost back to back. Can reliably get to the final boss with two weapons so far (spear and gun) and have done both up to two heat (timer and alt boss). I've obviously not played much this year, nor will I likely get much more in before christmas, but at the moment it is top of the goty pile for myself as well, and unlikely that Yakuza 7 or Hyrule Warriors will top it - possibly only the former getting anywhere close.

Anyway, onto clear three...

Sounds like we’re pretty much in the same situ - I also like the rail gun and spear, although I don’t have a spear clear yet - 2nd clear was with fists.

The special on the fists, especially the magnet unlock, is super nice and you can stack some mean shit on there. Also nice to get some dash action going and just staying as close as possible to deal damage. Good stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I actually haven't tried the fists yet. Might give that a go on next run. Flora is maining the shield and has like 50+ hours racked up - I don't get on with that weapon at all sadly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Third clear this morning, with rail again. Switching to fists. Also decided to fight
    Spoiler:
    for the fun of it and got absolutely handed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cleared with fists.

Fists + distance/charge special + Demeter's freeze = cya
  • Fists imo are probably the best all round weapon. The gun has a lot of potential too but the fists just get crazy from so many different boons, athena boon on attack with the supporting deflect damage bonuses gets silly real quick, demeter attack with the chill blast, artemis crit spam plus the homing arrows, that's just the basic zag fists, let alone the couple of extremely disgusting unlockable versions.

I think my personal favourite weapon so far is the hidden version of the sword, i just love how satisfying its move set is when you hit, especially if you got some crit on ot for the silly damage numbers to start appearing.

Managed to finally get everything in the mirror upgraded last night, so that's another thing crossed off the list. Think i only have a couple of prophecies left to finish and after that its just getting gems to play barbie doll house in hades and working my way up the heat levels. Still need a couple of fish though from chaos but ill just settle for getting them whenever given how infrequently you even get fishing spots there even if you're trying to use the boon from poseidon or the lures from the shop to help.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I actually haven't tried the fists yet. Might give that a go on next run. Flora is maining the shield and has like 50+ hours racked up - I don't get on with that weapon at all sadly.

A Captain America fan huh?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Haha, not really. If you like it, you like it, if don't, you don't. (Thought the wink wink stuff was obvious)

Joke git good is even worse, you're tarred with the brush now. Oh dear oh dear

Ah well, i’ll live
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You'd think

*pulls lever*
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Third clear this morning, with rail again. Switching to fists. Also decided to fight
    Spoiler:
    for the fun of it and got absolutely handed.

Lol u suck
  • There’s a prophecy later to beat him twice in a row (consecutive runs) that I was dreading but turned out to be ok.
  • Agree with this. I think the first couple of times you fight him, he's really scary, because he hits HARD and the late stage of the fight gets a bit hectic. Any Athena boon giving you deflect on attack or dash can really help give you breathing room during the fight. 

Talking of deflect I'm only just now starting to toy with trying get my deflects actually timed with stuff like big telegraphed attacks from enemies or bosses, it's so scary though!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I’ve only fought him once, to be fair, so it’s entirely possible I just got lucky. Didn’t find him that bad - took a couple of hits early on due to him having a very wide and large swipe, but after that felt mostly ok. End was deffo hectic, and I didn’t have any deflect with me which would have helped, but managed to dodge through each time.

Now that I’ve said all this, watch me get my arse handed to me next time.

Generally though, I found that fight far more readable than some others, where there’s a lot of overlapping flashes and stuff which can obscure each other.
  • There’s my spear clear. Sword next. Just got to boss man with a really good sword build but bottled it hard as I got cocky. Lesson learnt.
  • And sword clear done.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just got a 20:09 clear, beating my previous record by over 6 minutes. It was my first clear with the shield. Managed to stack up Thunder Flourish, Static Discharge and double strike from Zeus on my special whch just ping ponged around like a beast.
  • Nice work!

How’re you finding the shield? Haven’t actually played with it at all.
  • Ping ponging the shield is very satisfying
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nice work!

How’re you finding the shield? Haven’t actually played with it at all.

It wasn't what I thought it would be. When it sits there it looks massive and I thought it was going to be some sort of tank weapon - in my head for some reason I thought it would make you go slower. In practice it is more like a Captain America shield.
  • Thanks to both - will make shield my next stop. Tried bow last night and it’s the first weapon I don’t enjoy playing with. Think I’ll switch to shield for clear 5 and then finish up the 6 with bow.
  • I didn't realise the bull rush was also a block... Handy being able to block attacks. Surprise surprise
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Shield is kinda like Bottom Tree Void Titan in Destiny :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!