META QUEST - Stand Alone VR
  • Would anyone be about tonight after 9?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Population One is great fun, and by far the best shooter I've played on this. Looks nice too, for a Quest game.
    Is it a standalone Quest game, or PCVR?

It's on both and is cross buy on Oculus too.  I tried it with Virtual Desktop and it works really well but it already runs decent enough on the Quest 2.  Not sure how it runs on the original Quest.

I'm up for some VR multiplayer, away until the weekend though.  Anyone tried Walkabout Mini Golf? How many players is that online?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It runs fine on Quest 1. I love it. I'm absolutely terrible at it but it's tons of fun.

Not tried walkabout, I grabbed Pro Putt so was already covered on the golf front.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Notoriously difficult to pin badgers down for multiplayer. Families, lives in flux and so many other cravings vying. Worth persevering though.

So is it worth upgrading to quest 2 then? Reviews seem mixed

Hey Sonic, my thoughts from another thread (have mellowed a bit about the LCD black levels).
    Spoiler:
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Hmmm so not really worth it then. Cheers
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Probably should add it's much more comfy with the elite strap, plus the increased clarity and refresh rate means I'm using the Quest 2 more, exclusively actually.
  • Probably should add it's much more comfy with the elite strap, plus the increased clarity and refresh rate means I'm using the Quest 2 more, exclusively actually.

I had assumed that the Elite was sprung like the PSVR helmet strap, but that appears to be not the case and a lot of the damage is coming from people who don't loosen the strap before raising it up and therefore putting stress on the plastic arms.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Comfort is so important they really should've included the Elite strap with the basic model. I understand it's stupid cheap for the basic model but even so, if you can't wear it comfortably for a couple of hours then it's straight up flawed.

Hopefully the next model will have a higher fov but that may be a tad optimistic even with the current resolution, although there may be some software workarounds. I was shocked when I fired up my old Vive and once you've tried 130 degrees plus there's no going back. I'd love to try the Pimax.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Just ordered the frankenquest adaptor for my quest 2.
    Was watching a film on mine last night but because of the way the speakers work my wife could hear the audio so has to switch to headphones.
    Since I already have a deluxe audio strap on my vive It's an easy way to sort out the audio and improve the strap (not that the standard strap bothered me).
    You rang.....
  • Yeah it's a problem with the Index too. They have these off ear speakers which are fucking great for all sorts of reasons but they have noise leakage.
  • I couldn't see anyway to pair Bluetooth speakers to the rift, am I an idiot?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Coincidentally, paired Apple AirPods and Bose QC's with the Quest 2 earlier so hopefully most Bluetooth phones will work.

Edit: Heh, just seen Gonz's post.
  • Is it still in experimental features?
    I paired my AirPods to it but there was too much on the audio to make it usable.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Wtf Oculus are banning users who use a single FB account but on more than one headset??!

Edit: NO THEY AREN'T, they just got confused.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I couldn't see anyway to pair Bluetooth speakers to the rift, am I an idiot?

YKd1PJX.jpg
  • Thanks
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's well hidden, you're welcome. Now that sounds like sarcasm FFS.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Probably should add it's much more comfy with the elite strap, plus the increased clarity and refresh rate means I'm using the Quest 2 more, exclusively actually.

I had assumed that the Elite was sprung like the PSVR helmet strap, but that appears to be not the case and a lot of the damage is coming from people who don't loosen the strap before raising it up and therefore putting stress on the plastic arms.

OK after a week here, but It did feel rather lightweight from the outset so have taken care. One to watch though because they ain't cheap.

• Think I must be lucky, I’ve found the standard one perfectly fine (although I generally wouldn’t be on VR more than about 30 minutes).
  • Population One looks fun and not bad looking considering. Anyone tried it on quest 1? Running ok?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Runs absolutely fine and is great fun. For a VR Battle Royal im well impressed.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    There are so many games, not only the Quest store but on Steam etc. it's wallet haemorrhaging.

Recently went back to Pistol Whip and it runs so silky with the new chip. That bloody hud got turned off though, Jesus it's huge and wobbles about right under your nose.

npojjB2.gif
  • I couldn't see anyway to pair Bluetooth speakers to the rift, am I an idiot?

Bluetooth headphones that I used with my quest had lag.
    Apparently it's a known problem with the quest so don't be surprised if you have it too.
    You rang.....
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Had lag on the original Quest but swopping between a five year old set of Bose headphones and more recent AirPods all afternoon without delay. Beat Saber, You Tube and Pistol Whip tested, so that's another improvement.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That is some bullshit.
  • Remember when the fuckers promised you'd not need a FB account to use the Quest? Those were the days. 

At least the ban rollout has been put back a bit. In Japan, where FB isn't so big,  they were banning first time accounts made using the Quest 2 on the presumption it must be a dual account and they're still sorting this out. They also said they wouldn't start banning for couple of months but went ahead anyway but at least it's been delayed now they've started.
  • I use my fake name FB account that I created to join a clubbing group about three months before the Rona hit. *sobs*
  • Yeah that was a terrible idea. As mentioned in stellavista link:

"combine this knowledge with the words spoken by Andrew ‘Boz’ Bosworth, Vice President of Augmented and Virtual Reality at Facebook last week, when he said, “I think people should continue to make sure their Facebook accounts are in good standing before they buy the headset. They can work through those problems before they do it.”

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!