META QUEST - Stand Alone VR
  • I think they siad they aim to ban all dual accounts by June next year, under increasing pressure from the US government (although they want to anyway). On the plus side if you do get banned you could jailbreak it and use it as a PCVR headset.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75773/10-000-bounty-for-quest-2-jailbreak-has-already-been-claimed/index.html

Lol even Palmer Luckey offered to match the reward.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Jailbreak already? Good to know.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Aye, and that way if things go tits up you can just use Revive via SteamVR and steal all the Oculus stuff anyway. You won't be able to play Quest users using official Oculus home but you can still do MP with Steam users.
  • Well reddit is depressing and the Community Standards red card is being shown at anyone that objects to getting banned. Chapter 4 is probably of most interest here but there's plenty of other stuff they can ban you for, and they've not even started the main ban waves yet. 

Even if they ban you by mistake you have to send them ID to prove you are you. You can't even resell it.
  • Rooting mine, they can go run through a field of dicks backwards
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hopefully I'll get a ban then SG can relax.
  • Hopefully I'll get a ban then SG can relax.

I'm fairly relaxed about it anyway tbh (and it will happen at some point), but only because the jailbreak should mean you can still use it and not give those wankers anymore of your cash. Ideally you jailbreak it, steal all the Oculus exclusive games and enjoy many happy VR days with a subsidised headset without any of the FB bollocks. They'll try and patch it of course but Quest has this weird thing where it's easy to switch back to an earlier update. I'm pretty confident the jailbreak is here to stay.

I feel decidedly less relaxed about people who've used a fake account and don't have access to a good PC. That's just going to make me even angrier.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    So kids, if you still haven't got the message yet, don't go using a fake account.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Lens Safe Cleaning

It's a breeze removing skin flakes and pubic hairs with one of these things. Found aerosols can leave a residue so happy this more natural method works.

Yq1SN1P.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086LKWGPH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NeaMFbZEXNCE2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
  • So kids, if you still haven't got the message yet, don't go using a fake account.

No, the message is don't be a Facebook whore in the first place and have some moral backbone, but props to people who buy it with the intention of jailbreaking the bastard.

Ahem, just ignore that, it's Tourettes. I go all Colonel Kurtz when it come to FB.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Fuck off. Don't ignore that.
  • Is that a douche?
  • SG it does seem like nearly every post you make on here is an outraged reaction to FB and how terrible the Oculus is because of it and therefore we are all doomed etc etc.
    It's getting a little tiresome buddy. We get it, you've made a very valid series of points. Perhaps we can now move the conversation on and perhaps get back to enjoying some VR together?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • SG it does seem like nearly every post you make on here is an outraged reaction to FB and how terrible the Oculus is because of it and therefore we are all doomed etc etc. It's getting a little tiresome buddy. We get it, you've made a very valid series of points. Perhaps we can now move the conversation on and perhaps get back to enjoying some VR together?

Yeah I know. I just really really really hate them, and you will soon too. Right I'll stop. Promise. I'll start shouting at the sky instead.
  • SG it does seem like nearly every post you make on here is an outraged reaction to FB and how terrible the Oculus is because of it and therefore we are all doomed etc etc. It's getting a little tiresome buddy. We get it, you've made a very valid series of points. Perhaps we can now move the conversation on and perhaps get back to enjoying some VR together?

Yeah I know. I just really really really hate them, and you will soon too. Right I'll stop. Promise. I'll start shouting at the sky instead.

I get that you hate them and you won't find many of their fans on here either however I know how much you enjoy VR as do the rest of us so let's all agree that we've moved on from the FB chat and instead plan when we can all do some multiplayer shenanigans together as badgers
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The right stick on my controller had developed really bad upward drift making the home screen near impossible to navigate. I was ignoring it for months and it ruined the whole experience.

https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/

A quick blast of this and its completely fixed.
    Sorted an Xbox controller too.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
    I get that you hate them and you won't find many of their fans on here either however I know how much you enjoy VR as do the rest of us so let's all agree that we've moved on from the FB chat and instead plan when we can all do some multiplayer shenanigans together as badgers

Agreed. One very last point though (and it's not a dig, more of a genuine question), but why don't they offer the opportunity for people who've used a dual/fake account to sort it out before a ban? It doesn't even make sense from their perspective. Yeah I get that the account you set it up with is tied forever to the hmd, but why not give users a chance to close down their other account and change the tied one to become the main account with the promise to ammend the details so it's no longer fake? 

Anyway, seeing as this looks like it's the main VR thread going forward I'll not mention it again. I will offer to help those that do get banned jailbreak the thing if they need help though.
  • Well that's a fair offer, If I get banned I'll give you a shout and we'll jailbreak the thing
  • nick_md wrote:
    Is that a douche?

Looks like a douche.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's a rocket man.

Cheers Boozy, added to the basket.
  • A Public Enema.
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • As others have mentioned, Population One is pretty decent. Very basic graphics but that actually works in its favour. Crossplay too .
  • Yeh watched quite a bit of gameplay, looks good. Gonna try and sort my headset then maybe a purchase.
  • Having issues with headset syncing, updates and purchases etc, pretty sure it's cos I said no to Facebook. Anyhows population one is downloading.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Tempted, it's getting good reviews. Saints & Sinners is calling to me as well.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Forum Pop One would be an absolute hoot.
  • Friday or this weekend?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Could probably manage either tbh
  • Tempted, it's getting good reviews. Saints & Sinners is calling to me as well.

GET ON SAINTS AND SINNERS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!