Breath of the Wild 2: No, -You’re- Breathtaking!
  • It's going to be great. They wouldn't bother if they didn't have a load of new ideas to play around with.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    It's still just under £50. Fucking Nintendo

The digital voucher scheme would let you get it a bit cheaper if you don't mind buying digital and having to get another game along with it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I have faith that while the map will be the same the locations on/under/above the map will change to a satisfying degree. It's one thing to know where Kakariko Village is, another to find out what state it is in. That can be quite powerful. It could even be that whole locations are gone, locked off or destroyed. While other locations could appear.

It would be more powerful if I cared for the places though. I didn’t give a shit about anywhere in BotW, at least not in comparison to how I felt about places in the other games, maybe a symptom of open-worldness and less time spent honing a particular area perhaps. 

I’m still looking forward to the sequel though.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I'm playing this again on the WiiU. The opening is still a lovely afternoon in the sunshine.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • MattyJ wrote:
    It's still just under £50. Fucking Nintendo

If ever a game was worth every penny of a £50 price, it's Breath of the Wild.
  • There were some unique items, like gear to make you climb faster, and i'd like more of that...

I’d like them to learn from Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-man in that regard; once you’ve unlocked the ‘trait’ linked to a certain outfit, you can activate that trait with whatever you’d prefer to wear. Want the anti-shock ability without having to wear the gimp suit? Fine.
  • What if I want to wear the gimp suit and get shocked..?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Andy wrote:
    There were some unique items, like gear to make you climb faster, and i'd like more of that...

I’d like them to learn from Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-man in that regard; once you’ve unlocked the ‘trait’ linked to a certain outfit, you can activate that trait with whatever you’d prefer to wear. Want the anti-shock ability without having to wear the gimp suit? Fine.

That’s a real good shout - FFIX pulled off a similar trick. Use a weapon to unlock the skills, then have permanent access to them.

Given BotW’s obsession with cooking and crafting, they could even allow armour crafting / mixing, if they didn’t just want everything to be completely interchangeable. For example, combine a climbing set with a heat resistance set to make a new armour set that helps you climb fast and resist fire.
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    What if I want to wear the gimp suit and get shocked..?

Who doesn’t?
  • Yeah I think it’s irritating to have to swap. I think If they went the way Andy suggested they should have something to take into account mutually exclusive options (eg extra health v extra attack suits should remain separate)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!