Election 2019 - Hide in a fridge to win
  • I felt really positive until yesterday when two separate people told me Jezza was a terrorist and no way can someone vote for a terrorist.  It’s just that fucking simple for most people....
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I felt really positive until yesterday when two separate people told me Jezza was a terrorist and no way can someone vote for a terrorist.  It’s just that fucking simple for most people....

They've done a really good job of vilifing him. So many people just lap that shit up without any critical thought. It's black and white for them. He talks to terrorists so he's a terrorist sympathiser.
  • We’re going to see some important results today...at the game awards.
  • Well whatever happens today, it was nice knowing you all before Judgement Day.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Come on guys, we can do it, get out and vote!
  • JonB wrote:
    What do centrists do when faced with a choice between left and right?

I guess today's the day we find out for real.

I think we all know what the answer will be
  • Well, this is it.
    Godspeed lads!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The family and I were going to try and make a difference but bad news badgers, it's going to be a blue Christmas down in the valley.

0fIdmeU.jpg

Bon chance to the rest of the country. x

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well is it a contest, or isn't it?!?
  • you can still try BHD. not voting cos the others are probably going to win is exactly what they want.

i'll make a broad sweeping complete guess and say if everyone that doesn't vote, actually did so and all for the same party, it would swing most seats and deffo the election overall.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Vote Lib Dem innit? I mean it might be another coalition of doom but it's worth a shot.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Well is it a contest, or isn't it?!?

Not so much.

tlUfu0z.jpg
  • If this place is reflective of the population then Labour are guaranteed to succeed. Although I am worried the Bear and Badger forumites are in the top quartile of intelligence.
  • So most likely 2 votes will be missed from the Elf household. First, my wife forgets to register for proxy vote. Now my mother is probably too unwell to go out and vote, she has just come out of hospital. This has happened before and it’s my fault for not registering her for postal or proxy vote. 

Although I’m sure we will still be a Labour constituency. 11k majority last time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Worth remembering that you can ask for an emergency proxy vote up to this evening

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/how-emergency-proxy-vote-general-21064450
  • you can still try BHD. not voting cos the others are probably going to win is exactly what they want.

i'll make a broad sweeping complete guess and say if everyone that doesn't vote, actually did so and all for the same party, it would swing most seats and deffo the election overall.

There are in fact very few constituency leads that would withstand a coordinated vote by their non-voters. For example, the non-voters in Uxbridge in 2017 outnumber the total amount of votes Boris Johnson received; something like 23k non-voters compared to 21k for BJ.

Sorry that’s actually not quite accurate - there were 24k votes for BJ and 23k non voters (registered voters who didn’t vote, spoiled ballot or had their ballot rejected).

Still, only 99 majorities could withstand the non-voter vote. 99!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    We are going to vote, if only for our conscience.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So most likely 2 votes will be missed from the Elf household. First, my wife forgets to register for proxy vote. Now my mother is probably too unwell to go out and vote, she has just come out of hospital. This has happened before and it’s my fault for not registering her for postal or proxy vote. 

Although I’m sure we will still be a Labour constituency. 11k majority last time.

Emergency proxy vote, ring the electoral office

Your wife can still vote in person, no?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Worth remembering that you can ask for an emergency proxy vote up to this evening

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/how-emergency-proxy-vote-general-21064450

You just got ozsplained, bitch
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • So turns out that even Boris Johnson can't vote for himself.
  • Voted. I went Tory obviously as that's the only way to get Brexit done, unleash Britain's potential, get the private American investment into our NHS that it sorely needs, shut that biased Remoaner media up once and for all, give those Remoaner judges a good ticking off, punch myself in the balls, get financially gang-banged by half-witted public school boys in the old fashioned Eton dormitory style, decarbonise the economy by returning to the scavenger based lifestyle of our ancestors, living in the woods, feeding on scraps and warring with neighbouring tribes, worshipping idols of Boris while he lives in his walled-city utopia. Hooray for Blighty!
  • I had a bit of moment this morning at the polling station, realising how privileged I am to have to make a choice between two good guys. The Tories have nae chance here, but SNP and Labour is a close-run thing. Not many constituencies are so fortunate.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Worth remembering that you can ask for an emergency proxy vote up to this evening

You just got ozsplained, bitch

Kazsplained, please.

• Just had a proper knives out argument with people in my office who are planning on voting Tory, despite living in communities that have suffered the most under those cunts. Get Brexit Done is working (despite the millions in EU funding that the NE has received), anti-semetic smears are working (despite these people probably never having met a Jewish person in their lives), the Danger To Democracy argument of a second referendum is working (despite them simultaneously admitting that they didn't know what they were voting for in 2016).

It's an absolute shit show up here. Freely admitting that they don't really understand or are interested in politics or what any of the parties really stand for. Saying that they will "vote for Boris" because "you know what you are getting". These are NHS workers FFS! They've drunk the kool aid and I've had to leave the office to calm down before I said something that got me in trouble.

"I'm entitled to my opinion!" they say, whilst freely admitting that theirs is completely uniformed and ignorant. FUCKING CUNTS.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • poprock wrote:
    I had a bit of moment this morning at the polling station, realising how privileged I am to have to make a choice between two good guys. The Tories have nae chance here, but SNP and Labour is a close-run thing. Not many constituencies are so fortunate.

Yeah I didn't realise how close it was. Quote surprised.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I honestly feel like crying.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yeah I didn't realise how close it was. Quote surprised.

Aye, like the rest of Scotland we had an SNP landslide after the indyref. We had been staunchly Labour prior to that, and while the SNP have stayed in since then, it’s been close. Could go either way this time.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I honestly feel like crying.

I just keep trying to understand how we got to this point, because that’s the only way to figure out how to change it in future. I keep coming back to education. What was being taught in British schools (30 years ago? 20 years ago?) to lead to this generation of head-in-sand, politically vacant, easily manipulated people? I’m 100% sure the media (and latterly social media) have played a major part, but this is a country of people who were receptive to that media conditioning when they should have been equipped with a healthy cynicism and critical tools.

Or, and this is possibly a scarier thought, has this always been the way? Have the majority of people always been this disconnected from reality and it’s just that modern communications and media are letting us see it clearly?
  • Gremill wrote:
    I honestly feel like crying.

It's difficult mate, but I'm trying to stay sanguine. Maybe things really do have to get even worse before they get better. I'm not being flippant about what that means - countless avoidable deaths, unendurable misery for hundreds of thousands more, lost generations of families through malnutrition, lack of decent schooling, housing, healthcare etc. It's just that we, as a country (and I'm being England-centric here), don't seem to have suffered enough yet to truly become more engaged and educated about how this shit actually works.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!